Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why do people defend gaming companys who release broken titles.

Like the title says why do people defend gaming companys who release broken titles. For example people defending Warner Bros/Rocksteady for the PC release of Batman Arkham Knight or Ubisoft when they released Unity.

I just don't understand it why do people defend these companys.

Another good example is Koei Tecmo releasing almost anything on PC like there recent title Toukiden: Kiwami for PC(Also on Ps4/Vita)

Here is TotalBiscuit's port report on the game if anyone is interested.

As I said I just don't get why people defend companys when they release broken titles or games that lack content. I get being a fan of a company there is a few I am a fan of. But if they released something broken I would call them out on it in a heart beat. People do say alot that games on PC are broken due to consoles. But personally I blame lazy devs and for the past few years games has been releasing on all platforms with tons of problems.

To be clear not trying to start a arguement just wondering is all.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Because fandom

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Was actually looking forward to a MH game on PC but damnit they ruined it as to topic no idea maybe like Genn said fandom or they wasted the 60 and refuse to believe they wasted it entirely
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Deleted
    paid trolls and drones

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Because fandom
    I get being a fan I really do. I am still a fan of Nintendo and many other companys. But ill personally call them out on there bullshit when I see it. I personally feel people need to stop thinking these companys are there best buddy and remember they are there to make $$$ and nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Was actually looking forward to a MH game on PC but damnit they ruined it as to topic no idea maybe like Genn said fandom or they wasted the 60 and refuse to believe they wasted it entirely
    That could be the case. I can see people defending what they buy even tho they themselves dislike the product. But now with PC's and somewhat on consoles you can get a refund.

Now I'm not going to tell anyone to stop enjoying something. Like for example I no longer like blizzard and I refuse to play WoW. But just because I don't like it doesn't mean you can't like it. So I guess its both sides of the arugement I don't understand. Those who defend and those who want everyone to hate it like them.

It just doesn't make sense too me is all.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    In fairness to the Toukiden: Kiwami game above, it was really hideous even on PS4.

But I don't understand the thread. WB was mercilessly bashed over Batman to the point of pulling it. Ubi got bucketloads of crap from fans and reviews over Unity. There definitely isn't a majority of people defending companies putting out broken games. There may be a few here and there, but there are always some dissenting voices in anything in life. The only positive feedback at all that WB got over Batman was with the decision to pull it and own up to their mistake.

Humans like to be in groups and clans. Our survival as a species once demanded it. Our modern society has eroded the villages and suburbs we used to belong to, so we use other things to form our identity. Brand choices are one of those things. People who attach a company's brand to their identity often lose the ability to objectively view that company's work.

People defend these more niche games being shit ports because of fear of them failing and them no longer porting such games to PC.

Hell, just look at the Tales of Zesteria thread where I pointed out the consensus in Japan being it's one of the worst Tales games ever if not the worst but people rushed to defend it as the first Tales game on PC.

Niche game = defended by rabid fan base

AAA game = burn it to the ground

10+ Year Old Account
    Well shit, I was really thinking of getting that game on the Vita. Are the framerate issues exclusive to the PC and PS4?
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    In fairness to the Toukiden: Kiwami game above, it was really hideous even on PS4.

But I don't understand the thread. WB was mercilessly bashed over Batman to the point of pulling it. Ubi got bucketloads of crap from fans and reviews over Unity. There definitely isn't a majority of people defending companies putting out broken games. There may be a few here and there, but there are always some dissenting voices in anything in life. The only positive feedback at all that WB got over Batman was with the decision to pull it and own up to their mistake.
    I mite not have been clear so ill try to be. These companys are recieving flack and thats fine and good.

I am just asking why do people defend these companys as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Well shit, I was really thinking of getting that game on the Vita. Are the framerate issues exclusive to the PC and PS4?
    Not sure about the Ps4 or Vita I just know of the PC problems.

It's a great question, but ultimately you have to remember that most people just think "Did I have fun?" when thinking about these things. We gamers know that things are broken and should be much better than they are, and that the company should be held responsible, but the average consumer doesn't have enough experience to understand the difference.
    I think this is one of the biggest flaws in the argument that the audience of x game is "toxic" when forums point out things that really should have been done properly. You go to an outlet where many people can talk about a game, and suddenly you see the flaws that maybe you glossed over because you were having a good time being stupid with friends in co-op or whatever. A game being fun does not excuse the games creators for horrible bugs or bad ports or terribly overused mechanics (I'm looking at you ubisoft radio towers).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    It was a low budget Vita game that got ported to PS4 and PC. I didn't expect much from it on either platform, Tecmo was not going to go out of their way to enhance it much at all.

That said, I would accept this as fine if the price points for the PS4 and PC versions wasn't $59.99. They should be $19.99 or less for the amount of work that went into them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Not sure about the Ps4 or Vita I just know of the PC problems.
    Maybe I'll hold off, that total biscuit review really turned me off. Might just bite the bullet and play MonHun 4 instead.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    People defend these more niche games being shit ports because of fear of them failing and them no longer porting such games to PC.

Hell, just look at the Tales of Zesteria thread where I pointed out the consensus in Japan being it's one of the worst Tales games ever if not the worst but people rushed to defend it as the first Tales game on PC.

Niche game = defended by rabid fan base

AAA game = burn it to the ground
    True in some case's but you still get people who defend AAA titles as well. Ether way I just don't get why people defend companys like they are there best friend.

I'm sure my question is pointless and all but I was just wondering.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Maybe I'll hold off, that total biscuit review really turned me off. Might just bite the bullet and play MonHun 4 instead.
    MH4 on 3ds is 60fps I do believe

To be clear I could give 2shits less if a game is 30fps or 60fps. Just as long as the fps its going for is stable. Now I understand if people get pissed when a game release's on PC at a locked 30fps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It was a low budget Vita game that got ported to PS4 and PC. I didn't expect much from it on either platform, Tecmo was not going to go out of their way to enhance it much at all.

That said, I would accept this as fine if the price points for the PS4 and PC versions wasn't $59.99. They should be $19.99 or less for the amount of work that went into them.
    I would say $30 is the max. I really considered getting it for my ps4 since Ps4 doesn't have a MH style game.

Theres a thing called buyers remorse, where you suddenly think the thing you bought is now flawed or worse than when you wanted it. (example: you like tabard of lightbringer, want it for ages, buy it and within a week wish you didnt)

Theres also something similar, where you sort of become biased and make up excuses for a product / company. Trying to justify your purchase even though you know its flawed. I forget what its called though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake the Fearless View Post
    Theres a thing called buyers remorse, where you suddenly think the thing you bought is now flawed or worse than when you wanted it. (example: you like tabard of lightbringer, want it for ages, buy it and within a week wish you didnt)

Theres also something similar, where you sort of become biased and make up excuses for a product / company. Trying to justify your purchase even though you know its flawed. I forget what its called though.
    I guess thats the case then. I personally won't hold back on calling a company out on there BS even more so with the way things have been the past few years.

I won't tell others they are wrong ether. If you enjoy your product thats fine go enjoy it but if I got a problem with it don't dismiss it because you enjoy it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because while it's absolutely shitty the condition that some games are released in, not even close to everyone is going to have that same issue. And if a person didn't experience an issue they're less likely to complain about it.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Because while it's absolutely shitty the condition that some games are released in, not even close to everyone is going to have that same issue. And if a person didn't experience an issue they're less likely to complain about it.
    I get that but my point is why is there this group of people who will defend something to the death.

For example Majora's Mask and Final Fantasy 7 tie as my fav games of all time. But if you don't like them or had problems playing them I'm not going to dismiss your opinion because I like them. I find that to be childish personally.

The same reason people defend shoddy licensed movies and bad game sequels - fandom puts up blinders to flaws, as if admiting there are flaws is somehow degrading that which you love or makes you a "hater" - it doesn't. It lets you give useful info to make what you love be better later on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I get that but my point is why is there this group of people who will defend something to the death.
    Hey, nobody wants to be wrong on the internet.