Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    Gilneans are worgen.

Worgen have paws.

Paws have claws.

Therefore, claws is crest.
    Sure, that seems very nice and very logical, but coincidentally, we are not talking here about some savage worgen, we are talking about the humans of the Kingdom of Gilneas that were cursed with a "disease".

In your cold and comprehensive analysis of the facts, you're ignoring that the Greymane brand is the symbol and flag that has represented the Kingdom of Gilneas for centuries.

However, I must applaud you for your reasonings. They are so simple and insulting regarding the established lore, that anyone could say that they could be the work of Blizzard, in fact, these arguments are probably those which led to Blizzard to create that horrible and false flag to represent the Kingdom of Gilneas ...

Blizzard should hire you immediately indeed!
    Last edited by Northem; 2015-07-01 at 08:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    In your cold and comprehensive analysis of the facts, you're ignoring that the Greymane brand is the symbol and flag that has represented the Kingdom of Gilneas for centuries.
    Calm yer bum, we don't even know how long Greymanes have been the ruling family for, let alone when their sigil became synonymous with the state.

It's a small deviation made so the tabards can look spiffy with mirrored textures, when all's said and done, and it's not even such a huge stretch. Something of the slumbering druids must have been absorbed by the Gilneans, whether through dreams or otherwise. I mean, the ruling family's called Greymane... That's not an obvious wolf reference at all now, is it?

TBH when I first really chose to dive into Alliance lore, I was kinda like... "So, when does this guy come out as a werewolf? Because he's a big, bushy-bearded dude called Greymane. Seriously."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Calm yer bum, we don't even know how long Greymanes have been the ruling family for, let alone when their sigil became synonymous with the state.

It's a small deviation made so the tabards can look spiffy with mirrored textures, when all's said and done, and it's not even such a huge stretch. Something of the slumbering druids must have been absorbed by the Gilneans, whether through dreams or otherwise. I mean, the ruling family's called Greymane... That's not an obvious wolf reference at all now, is it?

TBH when I first really chose to dive into Alliance lore, I was kinda like... "So, when does this guy come out as a werewolf? Because he's a big, bushy-bearded dude called Greymane. Seriously."
    You're right, I apologize to taliey if my last comment proved to be too aggressive or rude.

The truth is that seeing how Blizzard deliberately ignores the established lore to suit their convenience makes me angry, but hey, it is what it is (gameplay >>>> lore).

And on the subject, it is true that the worgen of Gilneas might have decided to change their representative symbol as a result of their new status, but at least it should have been explained, and not try to make us believe that this new flag is their symbol of lifelong.

Not all fans of the Warcraft universe are so stupid as to be deceived in this way.

Correct me as I'm probably wrong but isn't that covered in the Worgen starting quests when the cataclysm happens and hve the nation falls into the ocean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Correct me as I'm probably wrong but isn't that covered in the Worgen starting quests when the cataclysm happens and hve the nation falls into the ocean?
    That's another example of how Blizzard alter the established lore at their will.

Due to scaling problems, the complete Peninsula of Gilneas (the elongated shape) didn't fit in our current Azeroth map, so Blizzard decided to cut it in half.

Anyway, if their plans were to leave the peninsula empty and lifeless, I do not think that the fact that its size has been decreased considerably may matter.

But surely, Blizzard response is something like what you've said: the Peninsula of Gilneas lost "a little" of its territory because of the cataclysm. Problem solved!

However we all know that is not so, and we still wonder where is the other half of the Kingdom of Gilneas...
    Last edited by Northem; 2015-07-02 at 08:53 AM.

However we all know that is not so, and we still wonder where the other half of the Kingdom of Gilneas is...
    No really, I swear theres some part of the questline where you go into a cellar, the cataclysm happens; and when you come out the coast line is much closer. I'm not trying to blanket defend everything; but the part about their nation disappearing is at least explained and shown in game; no?

ED: Also a long time since I've done the Gilneas starting zone and I probably only did it once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    No really, I swear theres some part of the questline where you go into a cellar, the cataclysm happens; and when you come out the coast line is much closer. I'm not trying to blanket defend everything; but the part about their nation disappearing is at least explained and shown in game; no?
    Yes, is "explained" ingame, but the territory sinking in the ocean according to the game are just a couple of kilometers, when in fact, it should have been the half of the Kingdom.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope that in a supposed WoW 2 we can enjoy the complete Gilneas Peninsula in all its splendor, with its two characteristic areas (each one of the size of the current peninsula): the Upper and the Lower Gilneas.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should visit a psychiatrist please, your obsession is not normal and is becoming worrying ...
    I almost want to print this post, and put it on my fridge.

In all seriousness though, Captain... Greenwood is, for once, spot on.

Deleted
    You should visit a psychiatrist please, your obsession is not normal and is becoming worrying ...
    Someone please make this into an ironic signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    It's funny how people fail to realise that new crest of gilneas isn't claw marks but upside down UFO sending 3 abduction beams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    It's funny how people fail to realise that new crest of gilneas isn't claw marks but upside down UFO sending 3 abduction beams.
    7.0 confirmed. Brought to you by Dave Kosak.

Its just obvious they skipped out, forget, or did not like the original emblem so they designed something that made sense at the time. No lore to it unless they make some to cover their mistake. Would have been pretty cool for it to match up.

I was more bothered by how their colors changed from black and white, which actually had some style and fit the them well. To generic blue and gold. Because heaven forbid any race of the alliance not be connected to boring as hell Stormwind. It's Alliance, therefore it needs to be god damned blue.

Changing the emblem made perfect sense. They went through a massive cultural change. But the coloring? Come now. In the very least they would change to some purples in respect to the night elves who came and saved them, rather than copying Stormwind which sat back and watched.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    It makes sense because they're Worgen, but Gilneas used that emblem even before the Worgen curse happened, as seen on their flag. They couldn't possibly have known they'd all turn into Worgen, so... Why a claw mark?
    Maybe it was changed (it makes sense even more cause the 2 political parties joined after the curse, so that may have been the reason why the flag was changed)

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    The truth is that seeing how Blizzard deliberately ignores the established lore to suit their convenience makes me angry, but hey, it is what it is (gameplay >>>> lore).
    You definitely do that more than Blizzard itself could ever hope to do, considered the average content of your posts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    Someone please make this into an ironic signature.
    I swear, I'm tempted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Where's that goofy roleplayer with the Genn Geymane approved signature/avatar? I bet he would know...

Deleted
    This matter was already explained in due course, but it does not hurt to remember it...

The authentic flag of Gilneas is represented by the Greymane family brand:

Why it does not appear in WoW then? What happened? Well, the same as always: Blizzard consciously or unconsciously loves to ignore the lore established, and does not hesitate to improvise and create nonsensical changes when they want.

Remember that for Blizzard the Gameplay (more economical income) is always more important than the Lore (more quality games).

So, any of us have more knowledge about the lore than the whole team of Blizzard, luckily occasionally, a guy with a red shirt dares to expose Blizzard, demonstrating their manifest incompetence at the time to create quality stories.

However, as always, Blizzard is bound to rectify, and therefore they had to include the Greymane family brand in the Racial Crest previously shown.

Finally remember also that ignoring their true flag is not the only humiliation suffered by the Kingdom of Gilneas. A picture is worth a thousand words:

What's the meaning of 35 in Gilnean society?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I almost want to print this post, and put it on my fridge.
    You just made my day. I honestly can't stop laughing.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    You just made my day. I honestly can't stop laughing.
    Damn you Thats my sig!
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    It's just...beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.