Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    how do you shoot your former wife
    Got divorced for a reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone watched The Walking Deceased? Pretty decent lol
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    One could argue either way, I don't think the story would work if it was just a plague at all, like Kirk said, the zombies are a physical embodiment of death, thats why he used them and not a plague.

People didn't know they were the walking dead, they knew if they get bit they would die and turn, but they didn't know they were already infected.
    The zombies are just a plot device. While it is true that they have to be horrific and menacing to the survivors, the story is, ultimately, about the human stories of the survivors in their setting.

As an example, substitute zombies with Triffids and you have the same story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    The zombies are just a plot device. While it is true that they have to be horrific and menacing to the survivors, the story is, ultimately, about the human stories of the survivors in their setting.

As an example, substitute zombies with Triffids and you have the same story.
    No you don't, but I've basically argued against that enough times that I don't feel like banging my head against a brick wall. You can of course replace zombies with Triffids, but the story changes right from the start, Kirkman himself expressed exactly why he used zombies and not any other mythical creature, so I'll go with him.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    No you don't, but I've basically argued against that enough times that I don't feel like banging my head against a brick wall. You can of course replace zombies with Triffids, but the story changes right from the start, Kirkman himself expressed exactly why he used zombies and not any other mythical creature, so I'll go with him.
    You must have been banging your head against a wall because you still don't see what a LOT of people are patiently trying to explain. The show is about people who have become the walking dead. The catalyst for this was zombies, but the show is about the people, who have transformed, into the Walking Dead. It's not about zombies, it's about the people.

(I do have to say your Avatar tirade got me thinking and chuckling - that was good sarcasm; /nod to you - sincerely, despite our disagreement here)

Comic con trailer before actual release if you wanna watch.

Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    Comic con trailer before actual release if you wanna watch.
    Looks good. I don't think Morgan will be in conflict with Rick as much as the trailer made out though.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Camel View Post
    Looks good. I don't think Morgan will be in conflict with Rick as much as the trailer made out though.
    Reminds me of the season 5 trailer that made it look like the Hunters / Terminus peeps would go with Rick and Co. to Washington, with little indication that the majority of the first half was going to be spend on a hospital plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Reminds me of the season 5 trailer that made it look like the Hunters / Terminus peeps would go with Rick and Co. to Washington, with little indication that the majority of the first half was going to be spend on a hospital plot.
    Hah, yeah, I forgot about that. That trailer made it look like Bob was going to convince Gareth of the whole "cure" thing. My first prediction there was that Gareth + Terminus badguys would go with Rick's group to Washington as allies, but then shit would've hit the fan once everyone found out Eugene was lying. Nothing of that sort happened though.

I like to watch the trailers, but I try not to read too much into them. They just get me hyped for the start of the season more than anything else.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah their trailers are really, really bad. We all fell for the Termites going with Rick's group which seemed crazy and unbelievable, but it was just misdirection so people in the comics might have stopped expecting them to go full on B.A. and wreck them.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Hah, yeah, I forgot about that. That trailer made it look like Bob was going to convince Gareth of the whole "cure" thing. My first prediction there was that Gareth + Terminus badguys would go with Rick's group to Washington as allies, but then shit would've hit the fan once everyone found out Eugene was lying. Nothing of that sort happened though.

I like to watch the trailers, but I try not to read too much into them. They just get me hyped for the start of the season more than anything else.
    not only that but unless im remembering wrong they even had scenes in that trailer that wasnt even in the show
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Back to TWD.

The ending of Season 5 was still just amazing. The development of Rick and his tipping towards the abyss keeps getting better and better the more I think about it.

Rick started out the show (Season 1) saying "we don't kill people" - and of course that has been abandoned. We see Rick in Season 5 trying to convince the Alexandria group that their simple "morals" aren't going to keep them alive in this new world, he hears the same words spoken back to himself by Deanna: "we don't kill people". While Rick continues with his convincing (and he's not a salesman, lol), Morgan is busy tracking down where Rick moved on to, finding and then saving two of Rick's/Alexandria's group at the Wolf trap.

Rick once told Morgan that "all life is sacred" (I believe it was when Morgan had lost his son and was himself tipping over the edge towards insanity). When rescued, Carl and Aaron hear the same words coming back to them when asked why Morgan risked his life to save them, he gives the same words back: "all life is sacred".

We see Glenn unable, or unwilling, to kill another person no matter what, even when that person tries to kill him (or does in fact kill his friends). The epitome of "we don't kill people" put into motion. (has Glenn ever killed another person? Terminus?)

Now Rick, tipping on the edge himself (as is typically his mentality), finally realizes that he can't kill to prove his point, but will still fight to save what is good (Alexandria). Then the unthinkable happens, and Pete kills what Deanna loves most, what kept Alexandria safe. And now Rick's point comes home - we do kill people, at least some of them, those that threaten our survival. Deanna gives the ok, Rick immediately kills Pete, and Morgan shows up to see the event unfold.

Simply amazing.

RIP trailer, I'll try to find another one if you haven't seen it yet

Edit: Found one

Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    RIP trailer, I'll try to find another one if you haven't seen it yet

Edit: Found one
    Wow, fantastic. Thanks for the find and the post, Bill.

What was that radio chatter at the very end? Didn't sound like anyone we've heard before. I know it could be anything, or really anyone, but it sounded different and a little ominous.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Omg....did I see a Whisperer towards the end there? I really think I just saw that.

Mad hype.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    We see Glenn unable, or unwilling, to kill another person no matter what, even when that person tries to kill him (or does in fact kill his friends). The epitome of "we don't kill people" put into motion. (has Glenn ever killed another person? Terminus?)
    Yeah, Glenn is the only major character in the show with a body count of 0 (aside from maybe Morgan, but there was a very long time where we had no idea what he was up to). He's racked up quite a lot of zombie kills, but that's it. He hasn't actually killed a living person, as far as I can remember.

I think Morgan will initially be pretty shocked at seeing Rick straight-up execute a dude, but if the trailer is any indication, I think he'll get over it.

edit: Is that Tara getting eaten by zombies at 0:38? :|
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-07-10 at 09:26 PM.

im pretty sure glenn killed people at terminus
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Fear the walking dead trailer

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post
    Fear the walking dead trailer
    Lol that fast driving police vehicle scene is so taken from World War Z. Also the trailer is kinda meh, the actors seem lame and I don't know, just feels under budget.

I got a bad feeling they are going to make Darrel lose his eye instead of Carl... and that makes me really sad and feel bad that they are going to do it to one of the best characters.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    I got a bad feeling they are going to make Darrel lose his eye instead of Carl... and that makes me really sad and feel bad that they are going to do it to one of the best characters.
    carl will eventually lose something, tho kirkman said it might not be his eye but a different body part. i wouldnt be completely surprised if they made carl lose a hand