Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GutsTheWarrior View Post
    I don't play a healer so forgive my ignorance but I always thought prepotting int for a healer was pointless unless you're just trying to top meters cause there generally isn't much damage in the first 30 seconds of the fight. I'm sure there are exceptions per fight? Or I could be completely wrong, let me know.
    Trolling aside, the current meta allows healers to do a fair amount of damage, as opposed to last expansion where it was pretty much Disc and MW. But the majority of fights will have some form of healable damage within the first 25 seconds so your pot isn't wasted, but if there really isn't then there's no harm in DPSing for the first 20 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Maybe in yours it's the "absolute norm" to prepot on farm. If you are not raiding in a top tier guild, there's no need to min max every second and pot and rune every minor encounter.

Again, keep your narrow views to yourself.
    Good thing OP is looking for a "high standards" raiding guild where potting is the norm, if you opened your narrow viewpoint you'd see how much of a regularity it is to pre-pot even in below average raiding guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I even pre-pot in LFR (except on my healer because that's grade-A pointless).

Pots are pretty much free to make. Even if you have to buy them, I'm pretty sure nobody plays enough to burn through an entire garrison's worth of gold every day.

The only reason I don't pre-pot is when our tank can't figure out the countdown and pulls early causing me to miss one of them. The twat.
    Same here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    The only reason I don't pre-pot is when our tank can't figure out the countdown and pulls early causing me to miss one of them. The twat.
    As a prot warrior, usually it's the hunters/mages who mess up (my) pulls.
    Making me miss one of my pots aswell.

But yeah, pre-potting and using another pot infight is a must - at least in our raids. Even if we are at "farm".

Btw., I always prefer armor pots over agi/str pots because of the additional damage boost from bonus armor.
    Last edited by Levifer; 2016-05-18 at 08:54 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped pre-potting when I realised I was literally throwing gold down the drain when 95% of my Bossfights wiped because of shitty people in my raid. I now just hold onto my Pots for the first few minutes of the fight to see how well it is going before using it.

I still pre-pot in games like SWTOR where as a Biochem I have a reusable potion.

Anyone would think that these pots cost a fortune the way some people seem to hold on to them...
    I always pot, I always flask, it's common raid practice regardless of the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Good thing OP is looking for a "high standards" raiding guild where potting is the norm, if you opened your narrow viewpoint you'd see how much of a regularity it is to pre-pot even in below average raiding guilds.
    Well, the thing is that he is fussing over people who don't prepot on farm. Which is extremely common if you even raided in multiple guilds of different levels and pugs, like I and many others have.

Having a narrow viewpoint isn't accepting that it's very common on farm to not prepot and min max. It is someone like you forcing what you do on other people, even though it works perfectly for them.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Well, the thing is that he is fussing over people who don't prepot on farm. Which is extremely common if you even raided in multiple guilds of different levels and pugs, like I and many others have.

Having a narrow viewpoint isn't accepting that it's very common on farm to not prepot and min max. It is someone like you forcing what you do on other people, even though it works perfectly for them.
    Forcing? If I'm a bad person for expecting people not to be fucking lazy during raids because we've killed x boss y times then pull out the gallows. I think it's borderline disrespectful to the rest of the raid if you can't be arsed spending 5 gold on the pull because you "don't care about numbers".

Well, the thing is that he is fussing over people who don't prepot on farm.
    Never said that. I mentioned that was an excuse that I've heard before, but the majority of the time, its the "Well, a potion isn't going to make or break a fight" excuse. Sure, I do feel that everyone should be double potting on farm bosses, I just don't see a reason not to. In this expansion, you can't really argue that there's a financial reason for not doing it. The only other reason I can think of is laziness, so take your pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always prepot simply because I like squeezing the last bit of DPS I can, it's my thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Potions are so damn cheap that I really don't see any reason why you wouldn't prepot. Even if the boss is super easy, why not make it even easier? I think this case could maybe be made for Augment runes but even those aren't that expensive. If you're not gonna pot you might as well not flask, eat or use abilities you don't like right because dps doesn't matter?

You can make your herb garden grow whatever herb you need for your pot and they're practically free... Not pre poting is just lazy

Forcing? If I'm a bad person for expecting people not to be fucking lazy during raids because we've killed x boss y times then pull out the gallows. I think it's borderline disrespectful to the rest of the raid if you can't be arsed spending 5 gold on the pull because you "don't care about numbers".
    Again, that's your narrow and one-sided opinion.

Different people have different standards and expectations of others, that's why you join a guild which shares the same view as you, not force your frog-in-the-well and lopsided views and expect whole guilds and communities to cater to your selfishness.

Not potting be it on farm or progression is decided by the consensus of the guild. If 90% of the raid group feels it's fine not to pot on farm/progression or otherwise, then one should act the adult and move to a guild that fits his/her own expectations. Complaining and insulting others who simply play and enjoy the game differently is the very definition of childishly forcing the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    Never said that. I mentioned that was an excuse that I've heard before, but the majority of the time, its the "Well, a potion isn't going to make or break a fight" excuse. Sure, I do feel that everyone should be double potting on farm bosses, I just don't see a reason not to. In this expansion, you can't really argue that there's a financial reason for not doing it. The only other reason I can think of is laziness, so take your pick.
    Pretty sure you are. This entire reply is the perfect evidence amongst many others that you are just butthurt that the raiding guilds you were trialling for don't agree with you.

And because you are mad, you decided that you needed to vent on a public forum and insult anyone and everyone who just wants to play the game their own way. Go find a guild that agrees with your narrow viewpoint, stop expecting everyone to cater to you.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2015-07-13 at 08:36 AM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Puuhis View Post
    Potions are so damn cheap that I really don't see any reason why you wouldn't prepot. Even if the boss is super easy, why not make it even easier? I think this case could maybe be made for Augment runes but even those aren't that expensive. If you're not gonna pot you might as well not flask, eat or use abilities you don't like right because dps doesn't matter?
    Pretty much this. I agree about the runes, those are still 30-50g on my server, but soon I'll have the permanent one from Hand of the Prophet anyway.

I also made the argument to the last guild I raided with that if people aren't going to use potions, then they don't deserve gear either. You get gear for higher stats to increase your character's performance, same with consumables.

Different people have different standards and expectations of others, that's why you join a guild which shares the same view as you, not force your frog-in-the-well and lopsided views and expect whole guilds and communities to cater to your selfishness.

Not potting be it on farm or progression is decided by the consensus of the guild. If 90% of the raid group feels it's fine not to pot on farm/progression or otherwise, then one should act the adult and move to a guild that fits his/her own expectations. Complaining and insulting others who simply play and enjoy the game differently is the very definition of childishly forcing the issue.
    Doesn't seem like a narrow view when 90% of the replies here are advocating the use of potions if you want to be in a progression raiding guild. If you're in a casual guild, or just do LFR, then maybe you'd have a case.

Pretty sure you are. This entire reply is the perfect evidence amongst many others that you are just butthurt that the raiding guilds you were trialling for don't agree with you.

And because you are mad, you decided that you needed to vent on a public forum and insult anyone and everyone who just wants to play the game their own way. Go find a guild that agrees with your narrow viewpoint, stop expecting everyone to cater to you.
    Wow man, you need to take a chill pill. I made this thread because, like I said, I want to play with like-minded players, and I've been struggling to find a group that enforces (and actually likes to) use potions, and I wanted to know if I was being too picky, or if I should lower my standards. Not expecting people to cater to me, no guild out there is going to change your potting policy just for one person, lol. You clearly don't care about using potions to min/max your character, and that's your choice, and that's fine. Thank you for your input.
    Last edited by Trapped; 2015-07-13 at 08:41 AM.

Deleted
    I don't see the point for offtank/healers. I'm healing for years now and ofc I prepot if I use Heart of the Wild of Fistweave (in "doing damage"), and I loved pre-potting tanks on SC-B where you get big hits in that timeframe, but as a non-absorb healer there is not much to heal in the beginning so the boost is not needed and senseless. As a DPS, I would stop pre-potting on bosses we consistently one-shot or when I'm going for a rank.

edit: would be great to know how by much time, lets say, a 20-man heroic raid with 2 tanks 4 heal 14 dps (most common specs top down) with t18-4pc and avg i700 would kill iron reaver quicker if they used a 2nd pot. I don't really think that you shorten an easy encounter by that much if you use a 2nd pot. I guess there is a common sense here for progression, but on farm...?
    Last edited by mmoc3ea752f1d1; 2015-07-13 at 08:43 AM.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure you are. This entire reply is the perfect evidence amongst many others that you are just butthurt that the raiding guilds you are trialling for don't agree with you.

Jesus, it's too early for this bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    Doesn't seem like a narrow view when 90% of the replies here are advocating the use of potions if you want to be in a progression raiding guild. If you're in a casual guild, or just do LFR, then maybe you'd have a case.
    Casual is very subjective, what exactly is your personal standard of what qualifies as a casual guild?

My previous guild was 9/10M in BRF, and we didn't enforce prepotting every single damn farm encounter either.

Not to mention, nobody here thinks that progression bosses shouldn't be pre potted, but deep farm is an entirely different story and nobody should honestly obsess over how a deep farm boss goes down as long as it does.

I was in a heroic (now mythic) raiding guild for about two months during MoP. I started looking at the logs after a while and noticed that about 70% didn't even use healthstones. Why wouldn't you use a free 20% heal? Especially when you are wiping during progression. Ofcourse no one appreciated me mentioning it but no one could tell me I was wrong or that I was nitpicking because when you don't use healthstones or don't pre-pot you are simply a huge slacker. Especially now since potions barely cost anything.

p.s. Nothing changed ofcourse. I left when they kept on farming normal because one or two people could still use one item from one boss... instead of using healthstones and playing better in general.

Jesus, it's too early for this bullshit.
    Well, if I were clearly in the wrong and have no valid arguments, I would also tend to make meaningless one-liners like yours, so I forgive you.

Deleted
    Well, if I were clearly in the wrong and have no valid arguments, I would also tend to make meaningless one-liners like yours, so I forgive you.
    Judging by your previous posts you're pretty good at dragging arguments out for as long as you can, we clearly have very different ideas on this whole "narrow minded" issue you're repeatedly bringing up and I've thoroughly lost interest in arguing with someone who thinks forcing people to pre-pot is a bad thing. Like I said, grab the gallows and be done with it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Potions super cheap, no reason not to use them.

I agree however that pre-potting (the concept) is really retarded though. They wanted to cut back the burst at the pull and we are really just by-passing the 1 per fight but doing it before combat starts, yet they haven't found a solution to fixing it.

Whether it's farm, starting progression or near a kill I pretty much use them all the time, unless someone fucks up and pulls 6 seconds early. Potions are so cheap I use them on trash as well.