Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Timewalking Tier bonuses compare

Been trying to do research in composing a true uber pwnage BiS list for destro, pretty much using every crit/mastery socketed piece from SoO, I have seen some ppl using the 2pc bonus from T13 (5%haste) but I'm wondering does anyone think the 2 and 4pc bonus from T15 will be worthwhile, (2pc CB and SB use 20% less embers, 4pc Incin has 8% chance to dbl your embers) I feel this potentially could be abused with CR?? If its not worthwhile the T13 is still great, maybe the 2pc from each...I already have the other goodies (Dragonwrath, DS trinket, cpl diff SoO trinks, ICC ring, etc) just trying to min max timewalking stuff, I know its trivial lol, but still fun

its all about the sockets... Sockets are worth half a piece of gear pretty much...

http://www.wowhead.com/list=6405355/...mewalking-ggwp

Sleeper OP is the BoA trinket, those tentacles are OP like really OP

what gems do u put in the sockets?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibô View Post
    its all about the sockets... Sockets are worth half a piece of gear pretty much...

http://www.wowhead.com/list=6405355/...mewalking-ggwp

Sleeper OP is the BoA trinket, those tentacles are OP like really OP
    Firstly - thank you for making this profile, it makes gear-hunting for Timewalking a whole lot easier!

Sadly though, as you are using some TBC items, the list will need to be updated for the upcoming WotLK Timewalking Event.

edit: Also, since I haven't really experimented with gems in Timewalking, can you clarify whether there is a point in putting in gems from an expansion after WotLK or do they all just get scaled down to WotLK/TBC levels when you enter?

edit2: Compiled my own list after some searching around - feel free to correct me if I've put in a suboptimal item/gem/enchant somewhere, but keep in mind that the Profiler isn't allowing me to put enchants in some slots (Rings, Neck etc.). I also do not have access to the Legendary Cloak or the Sha-Touched gems, so that's why those are excluded.
    Last edited by mmoc0d05e16c33; 2015-07-11 at 03:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure about how the gems scale down, if I decided to not go with a tier bonus, my plan was to do a socket in every slot, most if your gear can come from SoO because all the gear had so many sockets, some things (neck etc) can be used from cata, (easy to get) I dunno about what gens to use, I was just gonna stack straight mastery, maybe crt/MST would be better or even hst/MST...I'm gonna make a set real quick and post it...

Quote Originally Posted by lordhakera View Post
    Sadly though, as you are using some TBC items, the list will need to be updated for the upcoming WotLK Timewalking Event.
    the gear set i have is still BiS for WoTLK, even if some items are under the WoTLK ilvl they are so over budgeted that they outscale the rest...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deimosphobos View Post
    I'm not sure about how the gems scale down, if I decided to not go with a tier bonus, my plan was to do a socket in every slot, most if your gear can come from SoO because all the gear had so many sockets, some things (neck etc) can be used from cata, (easy to get) I dunno about what gens to use, I was just gonna stack straight mastery, maybe crt/MST would be better or even hst/MST...I'm gonna make a set real quick and post it...
    Feel free to check the gear list I posted in my 2nd edit (I guess I didn't make it super clear that there was a link in there :V) - I tried to go for as much Int/Mastery/Sockets as I could. The result seems to be a pretty decent set of gear that is, conveniently, mostly from Dragonsoul/Vendors/Crafting!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordhakera View Post
    Feel free to check the gear list I posted in my 2nd edit (I guess I didn't make it super clear that there was a link in there :V) - I tried to go for as much Int/Mastery/Sockets as I could. The result seems to be a pretty decent set of gear that is, conveniently, mostly from Dragonsoul/Vendors/Crafting!

I like your setup!!! Def will be a learning process on whats gonna be "optimal" stat prio, I made a super set last night, but wowhead didn't save it correctly, when I get home from work I will post it, with some detailed explanations of my choices and the gems used, I currently have up to 4 diff trinkets that need to be tested to see there worth, the list I made sadly will require some SoO and ToT runs, however that's min/max, this is because I went for as many sockets as possible and those two raids have the most socketed gear, also every piece I chose has either crit/mastery or haste/mastery (way heavy on crit) I have in the list 2pc from T13 (still maximizing sockets) and the 2pc from T15 (if you really want to min/max T15 gloves have only one socket, non tier gloves with 2 sockets are available, personally I want the set bonus) the one thing that I'm curious to know as you said, does a cata gem and a MoP gem scale down to exact same number?? Anyways I'll post the list tonight, hopefully we can get some more ppl to get creative, do some testing, make some gear lists, and make destro locks the kings of timewalking!!!!!
    Last edited by Deimosphobos; 2015-07-12 at 08:14 PM.

Wouldn't it be worthwhile running a 4p from SoO / DS (high sockets), and then a 4P from BC (8 pc sets)? or are the bonus sockets gained really worth it?
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Can someone explain why sockets are worth so much? I wasn't around for MOP CMs and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just using a set of T16 gear, with the Garrosh staff. You can use a Tarecgosa's Rest as an optimal staff though. Legendary cloak. Boots, bracers, belt, and neck with sockets and you'll do be overpowered even more. I haven't tried the BOA trinket; nice idea though.
    #SargerasIsComingToSaveUs

Go with t17 2p as demo , the mob it spawns is still not downscaled and does more than dmg enough to boost you through tw dungeons!
    made by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gruxa View Post
    go with t17 2p as demo , the mob it spawns is still not downscaled and does more than dmg enough to boost you through tw dungeons!
    so much haxx ty gruxa. All the deeps. Allllll.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruxa View Post
    Go with t17 2p as demo , the mob it spawns is still not downscaled and does more than dmg enough to boost you through tw dungeons!
    Anyone know if the t18 demo 4pc demons are (un)squished ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruxa View Post
    used it today and the demon was doing about 5% of my damage compared to about 80% last Timewalking event. Seems to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    used it today and the demon was doing about 5% of my damage compared to about 80% last Timewalking event. Seems to be fixed.
    I just got out of TW and was going to tell people about the demo 2 piece, but I see ya'll are way ahead of me.

It was still working just now......my inner demons soulfires were averaging 25k with a 43k max....it was outrageous....I was doing like 35k on bosses when my group mates were doing 6-10k

my 2P demons were doing 60-65% of my dmg (considering it's lvl 80 dungeons now, it's ofc less than in TBC Timewalking) so for me it definately isn't fixed.
    made by Shyama

Literally just got out of two Timewalking dungeons, it is still unsquished.

I meant to test the t18 4pc demons too but meh, maybe next runs
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Weird, I did 5 of them today (finished about 3 hours ago) and my demons were constantly less than 6-7% of my damage. I wonder what is causing the discrepancy.

I'll go mess around with it again later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps its hotfixed in EU or US only or something.