10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreghar View Post
    Elite Squad 2: The Enemy Within - 9/10

Pretty regional movie tho, I believe most people that don't live in Brazil wouldn't like it.
    It's legitimately a very, very good movie, and it's pretty huge outside of Brazil. I know a lot of people who loved it, especially in Greece. I think I'd give it a 9 as well.

Deleted
    Staten Island Summer - 8/10
    Definately the best of the "must throw a party and get laid before summer" movies.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Terminator Genisys 9/10 only if you're a fan of the Terminator franchise. Otherwise, it's probably a confusing popcorn action movie. (Hard for me to judge how a non-fan would see it, but my guess is that if you like popcorn action it's a 6.5/10, and if you don't like action blockbusters or Terminator, why are you even in the theater?)
    I agree. I saw it last night, I thought it was pretty good. There was so much about it that I liked, and I felt they did a decent enough job with the time travel (if you suspend your, but what about the... and just focus on what you see and are being told.).

8.5/10 for me. The only thing, about half way through i started picturing Christian Bale as John Connor.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ant Man 9/10

Great movie, it was a little boring in parts but the visuals were amazing, the actors performances and action scenes were great and had some good funny moments.

I'm not going to accidently step on any ants again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    It's legitimately a very, very good movie, and it's pretty huge outside of Brazil. I know a lot of people who loved it, especially in Greece. I think I'd give it a 9 as well.
    Very nice to hear that! It exposes a lot of our problems with violence, while still being a solid movie.
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

Quote Originally Posted by vicky82 View Post
    Great movie, it was a little boring in parts but the visuals were amazing, the actors performances and action scenes were great and had some good funny moments.

I'm not going to accidently step on any ants again.
    How can you choose to not do something you do accidentally?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    How can you choose to not do something you do accidentally?
    He does it accidently, not accidentally, so everything is fine.
    Oh, hi.

Trainwreck: 7/10

Writing was fantastic and very funny, but as far as the plot was concerned, it was as cliche as romantic comedies come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Into the Woods - 8/10

I'm a die hard movie musical fan. This one was great!

Deleted
    Sad Max: Fury Road - 9/10

Best action movie of 2015, well worth all the high ratings.

Ant Man 9/10

Would be a 10/10 if Anthony survived somehow

10+ Year Old Account
    Wall-E - 10/10

Pixar's crown jewel.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ant-man - 7/10

I liked it. I just don't think it was a great film.

Ant-Man 8/10. Really funny, really zippy. Well acted and written.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jurassic world. 2/10

I should have just watched Jurassic Park.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sharktopus vs. Whalewolf: 7.5 ~ 10 Impossibly stupid. I laughed so hard I farted. Casper Van Dien was amazing.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Sharktopus vs. Whalewolf: 7.5 ~ 10 Impossibly stupid. I laughed so hard I farted. Casper Van Dien was amazing.
    Just watched this also. They really have taken crappy B scifi movies to an entirely new level. Outstanding.

I know I'm behind the times, but Guardians of the Galaxy... 9/10 from me (only because I'm stingy on giving top scores. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I was pleasantly surprised. Hilarious dialog, the usual outrageous action, mostly occurring in space? What more could I ask for in a movie? I was super-grumpy when I sat down to watch it and still laughed my ass off. Great sound track also. Would watch again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Syfy movies are getting... interesting. For some time they did bad bad movies, then not-so-bad bad movies, but over the past 2 years or so they start to make good bas movies.

Saw End of the world recently. I'd also give it over 7 / 10. Cast was good, scenario was syfyesque, and always entertaining.

Also saw Super Eruption recently. Wasn't as good, but had some fun moments (and some ideas only a Syfy movie could come to... I mean come on... a scientist that speaks with her future self after Yellowstone erupted and disturbed the Earth magnetic field and boom, magic time-travelling communication, oh, and the solution to stop the eruption too...)
    Oh, hi.

Jurassic World

Can't remember if I already posted one for this, but it's a shitty B-grade monster movie. I'd rate it about even with JP3, because while JP3 was actually better made (yes I said it, it was a shit movie but it didn't feel like a Godzilla sequel), it was at least less boring and pointless. Well it was still pointless. Just fucking awful writing end to end, with unlikeable characters in unbelievable circumstances acting stupidly and a complete misunderstanding of what makes dinosaurs (a) tick, (b) cool and (c) scary. Catastrophic failure on all fronts.

Only part I actually enjoyed was the comic relief from that guy from New Girl.

Avengers 2: Age of Ulton

Just rewatched this with my wife (who hated it despite liking the first one). Didn't improve on a second viewing. Spoiler alert incidentally.

I really want to like this movie. The downtime moments are the best part, which is strange for an action blockbuster. Them hanging around at a party and making jokes was probably the highlight of the movie. Hawkeye's storyline was surprisingly effective and I wound up liking him a lot more at the end of this than in any other movie he's been in. Of all the action scenes, the only one that's really memorable and works is the Hulkbuster scene. Even then, I wish it had had more impact on the film and hadn't just ended with a random punch and barely touched on again. The Hulk winds up leaving the team at the end of the movie anyway, why not just put the Hulk-out closer to the end and make it a more meaningful climax to his character arc?

The biggest problems are the overly complicated but not very interesting plot, the fact it attempts to set up too many characters and thereby fails on most of them, and the final act which is actually downright silly. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch should've been cut, plain and simple. Ultron needed much more setup, he needed a clear and consistent motivation and his plan needed to make a lot more sense. He also didn't seem threatening enough due to all the spurious action sequences where he basically fails to hold his own against the Avengers and the way his bodies are replaceable. I did really like James Spader's voice acting and some of his lines were good, but it was all for naught in the end. Vision also needed more time and it needed to be more clear why he was important.

The fight over the trucks was just an inconsequential-feeling action sequence that should either be made to feel more important or just scrapped. The end sequence with the floating city was silly and the final fight with Ultron just feels like smashing a bunch of robo-mooks in a video game. Quicksilver's death was clearly there to be a gutwrench and to replace the whole mislead with Hawkeye, but ultimately we hardly got to know this guy and now he's dead. Scarlet Witch also needed to be a bigger deal. Like I said... just cut them both, there's no room for them.

I also found the amount of setup for other movies distracting. Andy Serkis did a really great job as an incredibly minor villain who won't be important until Black Panther. Seems to violate the law of conservation of detail. Also you have them talking about "enhanceds" which is going to confuse the fuck out of people not watching Agents of Shield (ie everyone) and isn't something that should be glossed over. Thor's whole "arc" was basically a waste of time.

Also the level of clunky religious imagery invoked by Ultron got wearisome on a second viewing. Didn't notice so much the first time. And the whole plotline of "will they stick together as a team" ultimately felt forced when we saw them working so well at the start and their progression into conflict with one another wasn't built up enough, it just kind of happened.

Overall, a confusing mess without a single strong plot line or character. I want to like it but I struggle to grab anything I can say hand on heart was good. Except the chemistry of the main cast.

Was also nice to let the two black sidekicks come in and have some lines and remind people they exist... Rhodes was genuinely funny.

Kung Fury

Finally got around to watching this. It's exactly what it looks like. If you like this sort of thing, it's great.

I'm glad it wound up only half an hour, I think it's the perfect amount of time to hit all the high notes and not wear out the joke. Laughed a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    Wall-E - 10/10

Pixar's crown jewel.
    Really liked Wall-E but for me it's The Incredibles closely followed by the Toy Story movies
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Ant Man 7/10

What an awesome surprise! I'm not a massive marvel fan, nor a fan of super hero's, but Ant-Man shows why he deserved a film. The film took its time to introduce you to all the characters and executed the origin story well. The CGI is also good, and not overdone.

A fun summer blockbuster that's deserving of the praise it's receiving.