Soothing Mist question/annoyance

I recently started to dabble with Mistweaver (respecced my OS from BrM) and went through a few dungeons to get a grip on it and the gameplay and it was pretty fun and interesting.

One thing that got me though is constantly spinning around due to party/raid members being all over the place (if they are). I got into HFC LFR and during Iron Reaver I got so disorientated with people being so spread and me having to constantly channel Soothing Mist every time I want to heal someone.

Using mouseover macros on raid frames or just using clique/grid, vuhdo, etc. you don't really know where these people are and when you start spamming soothing it just gets really hectic.

Now I played other healers (Disc, Resto sham, druid, HPal, virtually all of them) and the only thing similar is when you cast Penance as Disc, but seeing as you don't need to channel it all the time it isn't really that much of an issue for me, or an issue at all for that matter.

How do you guys deal with this? Does it even bother you? I really want to know. Maybe it's just that MW isn't for me.. although I can't say I don't like the spec, I was just surprised with this kind of gameplay.

I found a console command to turn off the camera motion for channeled spells:
    To disable camera turning on channeled spells, simply copy and paste the following into your chat window:

Code:
    /console cameraSmoothTrackingStyle 0

Should you want to re-enable camera tracking, the command to do so is:

Code:
    /console cameraSmoothTrackingStyle 1

I've just grown accustomed to it to be honest. At first I wanted to turn it off (with that command above) but then I just got used to it.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rumbelly View Post
    I've just grown accustomed to it to be honest. At first I wanted to turn it off (with that command above) but then I just got used to it.
    I don't see how anyone can "just grown accustomed to it." It is very hard to watch the boss when the spell keeps spinning your camera.

I've honestly just gotten used to it. In dungeons it really can't be helped since Soothing Mists with Surging and Enveloping Mists seems to be the most effective way to heal. On any sort of raid, especially HFC LFR, why would you use SooM to heal? Use Renewing Mists with the talent Pool of Mists. And Uplift. Soothing Mists is more of a filler for me when I raid heal.

@java, I don't know how to explain how I got accustomed to it. I sort of did. Raid awareness is something that comes naturally with me. I'm constantly viewing where bosses, adds and my raid team are because positioning is so important as a healer. I usually try to target or at least focus the boss so that an icon shows up on my minimal and use that as a reference if I lose the boss mid-fight. I guess when I think about it I don't spend the vast majority of my time casing Soothing Mists. I maybe spend 5-10% of a fight (being very generous there) casting Soothing. Most of my time is spent casing Renewing Mist and Uplift or moving into better positions. I only really use Soothing to spot heal with surging, but my raids resto shaman and holy paladin kind of have the single target thing covered for me. I mostly focus on raid healing where soothing is simply not used.

Oh jeez thanks.
    No more headaches!

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ltgoose View Post
    I maybe spend 5-10% of a fight (being very generous there) casting Soothing.
    Looks like we have very different play styles, I try to keep it up 30-40% of the fight, if I don't have 4+ targets for uplift I single target heal. My spirit is about 2400 so I can throw out a lot of surges/enveloping. I can't wait to get the 4 piece (still at 1... #*&#ing personal loot).

You just saved my life! THANK YOU

Yup I use that console command, it can cause issues where you run a direction that you wernt expecting too because your character can be facing any direction. It's especially bad if the raid is in a tight stack you can't even see your character. You end up getting use to holding down RMB any time you want to move to make sure you go the right way.

Couldn't Mistweave without /console cameraSmoothTrackingStyle 0

Deleted
    I really enjoy the channeling - am very accustomed to it now. I also think its a great tool to sometimes track (derping) people's positioning.