Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Prophecy of Fear

Why is this trinket ranked so low for Affliction? Even the Mythic version is below Copelands Clarity in sims. Or is it a sim error?

dots dont proc it, only their application

- - - Updated - - -

as in putting agony on the target (boom) all the tics (no boom)
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    dots dont proc it, only their application

- - - Updated - - -

as in putting agony on the target (boom) all the tics (no boom)
    Ah, ok. Makes sense.

The application doesn't even trigger it. Only direct damage triggers it and none of our dots deal an initial hit of damage. The only spells that could proc it for affy are haunt and the explosion from seed of corruption.

It's so bad for Afflic, there was a recent hotfix so that Personal Loot and Charm rolls will no longer award it to Afflic Warlocks.

Might want to hold onto it if you manage to grab one, that is, if you ever seen yourself going up against Mythic Mannaroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlockanap View Post
    Might want to hold onto it if you manage to grab one, that is, if you ever seen yourself going up against Mythic Mannaroth.
    It's pretty overkill and RNG. Most guilds will have some combination of Warlocks / Monks / Warriors / Rogues that will trivialize the imps to the point where Prophecy isn't really going to be that useful unfortunately.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

What about this trinket for destruction? I see Sparkuggz logged out with it on a lot
    Last edited by Drobo; 2015-07-27 at 04:38 PM.

Sims wise for patchwerk its on par with gsr and unblinking eye, all 3 of which scale into multi-target so probably not bad.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Does anyone have a good weakaura for when this trinket procs?

Deleted
    we're not really stacking ms and with the theoretically best output of 4-6 novas per activation i dont really see how it could boost the damage compared to UGoS, but i may be too biased towards elemental/frostmage/arcane

Quote Originally Posted by Glyphtics View Post
    It's pretty overkill and RNG. Most guilds will have some combination of Warlocks / Monks / Warriors / Rogues that will trivialize the imps to the point where Prophecy isn't really going to be that useful unfortunately.
    Right. you're not going to base your dps allocation on the thought that "It will all be good IF the warlock procs mark of doom"...so that basically eliminates it as any kind of necessary item. And as you say, no successful strat is going to allow imps to last for 10 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drobo View Post
    What about this trinket for destruction? I see Sparkuggz logged out with it on a lot
    Lets say he did a little trick with it which you could easily find out. just try things to make the trinket even better there is one pleaase no Reporterino or Fixxerino

Quote Originally Posted by Ahrix View Post
    Lets say he did a little trick with it which you could easily find out. just try things to make the trinket even better there is one pleaase no Reporterino or Fixxerino
    would you be so kind to give us a clue?

Not sure if Sparkuggz is using the same bug that others are using, but there is a way to double force proc trinkets on the pull (i.e. Shadowmoon trinket), that would normally not do it. It's not using the fruit basket or anything else. It's not exactly common knowledge but it's 100% replicable and can be done as all warlock specs. it's been kept fairly under wraps because it's keeping warlocks competitive.

I don't have a prophecy, but having 20s of doom on the pull could make it pretty powerful; as you wouldn't want to run class trinket on Archimonde because it's a pain in the ass with how much moving there is on the Mythic version of the fight.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer

Deleted
    So it is the double proc on pull but not the same method as before?
    aka not just precasting inc @ 4 seconds ??

I may need to look into this further i suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by cobz715 View Post
    So it is the double proc on pull but not the same method as before?
    aka not just precasting inc @ 4 seconds ??

I may need to look into this further i suppose.
    Haha, no.

It's quite a bit more complicated than that. Unfortunately can't talk about it here because discussing exploits is against the forums rules :\.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer

Deleted
    Ok now youve made me curious? Isnt precasting already a way to ensure double trinket procs?

http://contrast-stormscale.com/guide...ck-protection/
    Like this?
    Last edited by mmocf07314a97b; 2015-07-28 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glyphtics View Post
    Not sure if Sparkuggz is using the same bug that others are using, but there is a way to double force proc trinkets on the pull (i.e. Shadowmoon trinket), that would normally not do it. It's not using the fruit basket or anything else. It's not exactly common knowledge but it's 100% replicable and can be done as all warlock specs. it's been kept fairly under wraps because it's keeping warlocks competitive.
    I thought this was fairly common knowledge by now. Seen it in some guides even, double proccing trinkets on the pull. Unless there's been some new developments?

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    I thought this was fairly common knowledge by now. Seen it in some guides even, double proccing trinkets on the pull. Unless there's been some new developments?
    all i know is burning rush is the new meta =)