Deleted

Spellstealing in HFC?

Does HFC have any encounters where Spellsteal is really useful?

Deleted
    Tyrant 10char

Edit: "really" usefull - no, you could always disspell that heal aswell but since it should be interrupted you really shouldnt have to use it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadde111 View Post
    "really" usefull - no, you could always disspell that heal aswell but since it should be interrupted you really shouldnt have to use it.
    Yeah, I was looking for a buff I can steal, but it seems that Spellsteal is just another offensive dispell in HFC.

Tyrant Velhari is the only one I can think of, but considering that the HoT put on Velhari by the add heals her for a fair chunk upon application, it shouldn't make it onto her in the first place (it ought to be interrupted). But it someone screws up the interrupt/s, then it can be used to hopefully recover and keep going. But any offensive dispel could do it.

The big robot trash has an absorb he puts up.

Thats pretty much it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siniwelho View Post
    Yeah, I was looking for a buff I can steal, but it seems that Spellsteal is just another offensive dispell in HFC.
    It just costs about 20x more mana than other offensive dispels.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ipsissimus View Post
    PVP only spells now. /sigh

Isn't decursing usefull on Mannoroth? I use it there to spawn the doomlord instantly so we can zerg it down at the start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    Isn't decursing usefull on Mannoroth? I use it there to spawn the doomlord instantly so we can zerg it down at the start.
    Might as well have a healer dispel it and use your globals on damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Puuhis View Post
    Might as well have a healer dispel it and use your globals on damage.
    Depending on your strategy your healers may be unable to get range to dispel. Being that mannoroth pretty has a set rotation of abilities, it's almost certain that you will be dispelling the curse at a specific time marker. Planning your actions a few gcds in advance with respect to mana levels can be handy!

Quote Originally Posted by xarxz View Post
    Depending on your strategy your healers may be unable to get range to dispel. Being that mannoroth pretty has a set rotation of abilities, it's almost certain that you will be dispelling the curse at a specific time marker. Planning your actions a few gcds in advance with respect to mana levels can be handy!
    Dispelling that curse of the legion spawns the doom lord right where you were right? Anyone try alter timing and jumping off the edge to decurse themselves? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chivolence View Post
    Dispelling that curse of the legion spawns the doom lord right where you were right? Anyone try alter timing and jumping off the edge to decurse themselves? lol
    Not entirely relevant to the discussion title, but I wouldn't recommend that. In a H-HFC sales yesterday, I as a buyer was asked to jump off the platform on pull after hitting the summoner. I got the curse before I jumped, and the doomlord spawned after I died below, spamming volleys for around a dozen seconds before forcing the fight to reset (or maybe the guild did something else to reset it, since I cannot see from my vantage point.) I imagine the same would happen, if you can pull that off without dying.

Relevant to the discussion, Felcasters (name not accurate, but they are caster orcs that look fel) in trash packs after Iron Reaver casts Fel Cauterization, which can and is good to be stolen onto ourselves. Only buff I can remember that isn't just dispelled on spellsteal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chivolence View Post
    Anyone try alter timing
    People still use Alter Time except for very specific fight mechanics?

PS: Those graves are missing Temporal Shield, Alter Time, Ice Barrier, and Cold Snap.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xarxz View Post
    Just like he says, on Mythic you want a healer to dispell since you want them on the perfect timing and you really cant afford a global to dispell when you need to push out damage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    PVP only spells now. /sigh
    Well DPS have said they don't really want to do anything but DPS. These spells don't help top Recount after all. Not surprising Blizz hasn't designed an encounter where Mages dispel or decurse in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    People still use Alter Time except for very specific fight mechanics?

PS: Those graves are missing Temporal Shield, Alter Time, Ice Barrier, and Cold Snap.
    Is that a joke? Flameglow got nerfed, and Alter Time is so insanely useful in HFC I'm still finding more and more places to use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kirielle View Post
    Is that a joke? Flameglow got nerfed, and Alter Time is so insanely useful in HFC I'm still finding more and more places to use it.
    most ppl prefer barrier. Alter time have better use in some cases but in average it ain't really good. When you are at 5-10% hp only barrier really save ur life. Especially if whole raid in trouble.

Deleted
    Alter Time is a very strong skill if you know you will survive an ability, but it will leave you low.
    Personally, I've used it on Mythic Council when I got targetted by the focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    most ppl prefer barrier. Alter time have better use in some cases but in average it ain't really good. When you are at 5-10% hp only barrier really save ur life. Especially if whole raid in trouble.
    Completely disagree. Barrier just isn't that strong. If you're at 5-10% hp (how did you get that low?) use GInvis, Ice Block, health pot. Alter Time works wonders for helping you not get that low in the first place. Not to mention Barrier is on the GCD and Alter Time is not.

Places to use Alter Time in HFC:

Reaver -- Alter Time when you have Artillery, blink out, and immediately after Artillery hits you you are back in dps position and at full health. You can also use Alter Time before a Pound if your healers are struggling.

Kormrok -- Similar to Reaver, you can Alter Time before blinking away to soak a rune.

Council -- Alter Time before blinking out with Reap (seeing a pattern here yet?)

Kilrogg -- Alter Time before blinking away with Heartseeker. Combine with Evanesce to completely remove Heartseeker damage.

Gorefiend -- Alter Time before blinking away with Touch of Doom

Iskar -- Alter Time before blinking away with Chakram

Tyrant -- Alter Time on whichever ability you consider most dangerous, typically I would use it for Edict

Xhulorac -- Alter Time combined with a CD to clear fire for the raid

Mannoroth -- Alter Time before soaking Gaze

Archimonde -- Alter Time before breaking chains or before Infernals in last phase

It could be used on Socrethar and Fel Lord as well but that requires more attention and knowledge of the fight on the part of the player. That's still 10 bosses though with very strong uses for Alter Time that can easily be predicted by anyone. Barrier reduces your DPS and only absorbs 40-50k damage; Alter Time increases your dps and typically provides a 100k-200k heal. It's not even a contest.