Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Friendly reminder.

If you weren't happy with WoD, do not preorder whatever X6 is. Simple. Obviously you could not buy the expansion period, but if WoD did not satisfy you, protest/vote with your wallet. If there are not enough preorders, they will know they aren't selling a good enough product. People have been saying this for a while now, but it's a good business practice in general. If you're concerned about quality, wait for reviews.

This is good advice.

I'm certainly not about to throw any money at a company that thinks 2 raid tiers per expansion is acceptable, especially when the second one is likely to last over a year.

Friendly reminder to you:

Start of WoD was the best content in WoW so far. It only started going downhill after first month so "waiting for reviews" will do nothing.
    Also with the betas Blizzard is running just about everything about the launch content will be known well in advance.

friendly reminder:

The raids in WoD have been some of the best so far, which makes X6 a clear pre-order.

Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post

Start of WoD was the best content in WoW so far. It only started going downhill after first month so "waiting for reviews" will do nothing.
    Also with the betas Blizzard is running just about everything about the launch content will be known well in advance.
    In your opinion it was the best. For me, it was mostly hype that was getting me through it. I couldn't wait to get to max level to experience the new stuff and was not happy once I saw it. There are sites that do initial reviews and then review again after thorough playthrough. Not to mention you could read a review that comes out, oh I don't know, after a month or two? I only posted because there's a lot of general negativity about WoD. I recommend a viable alternative to complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    friendly reminder:

The raids in WoD have been some of the best so far, which makes X6 a clear pre-order.
    If you only play to raid, I could understand that. LOADS of people play for other reasons though.

Many many will pre-order ...Blizz gonna throw in a cute pet and some Beta access and they are set.

10+ Year Old Account

How can you say, the first month was good, when you couldn't play the first two weeks AT ALL, and the next 2-3 weeks still suffered from random DCs?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    I most likely will not preorder, since we most likely will preorder Starcraft as soon as the starcraft hots hero is available. However, will they offer a nice warcraft support hots hero to go with the expansion?:P Well, don't know what the expansion will be all about either atm, or what it will cost... if it's overpriced again it's worth sitting it out until sale for the sake of doing it anyway. Next friday will tell what I think about it all, and after that we will have to see what the preorder cost and deal will be, atm I feel in no hurry anyway

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    How can you say, the first month was good, when you couldn't play the first two weeks AT ALL, and the next 2-3 weeks still suffered from random DCs?
    Not sure about other servers, but on mine the issue existed only for the first 3 days I think, on the 4th day logging queues were high in the evening, but that's it.

Deleted
    Well, i understand there should be some form of protest possible, but by the time developpers get worried about a significant drop in preorders, months go by, if it affects them at all.

It could have a counter effect in that they once again miss the ball on the traffic they can expect on opening night, with servers going down and what not.

The most effective way to signal developpers where the problems are is not to play the type of content you dislike, even if its part of a forced achievement. They dont look closely to sales statistics, they look at the data their servers give them, what content is often played, and what not, and on which point quests or achievements are abandoned. Thats what ends up in their excel files, thats what they react on, not the sales numbers.

Ofcourse for someone who hates garissons its sometimes impossible to avoid it for progression, they build further on what looks "succesfull" to them now, only problem is that their data often only reflects the usage of certain content, not the appreciation it gets from the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    Not sure about other servers, but on mine the issue existed only for the first 3 days I think, on the 4th day logging queues were high in the evening, but that's it.
    Count yourself as one of the very, VERY few people that could play properly within the first week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Friendly remember, do what you want, don't like it don't do it. Simple, right?

- - - Updated - - -

the two servers I play both went stable after 1 week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post
    Many many will pre-order ...Blizz gonna throw in a cute pet and some Beta access and they are set.
    And we're gonna do it because we can, just like people can chose not to do it, because they can.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

First day was unplayable. After that it worked perfectly well.

Deleted
    a lot of minority here then. As realm first 100 everything went smooth for me too

Deleted
    Friendly reminder - keep your nose out of my business?
    Trying to organise some kind of "do not purchase" campaigns are just silly. How about everyone gets to make up their own minds?

First day was unplayable. After that it worked perfectly well.
    My server was fine after the first day. The first day wasn't so bad either long load times sure; and quests didn't work very well but you could be online and explore at least :P

I appreciate it wasn't the same for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You're in the minority then.
    First day was bad, after that it was ok.
    I think this was the case for most of EU servers (apart from the high-pop ones which kept having queues for a while)

Quote Originally Posted by Avell View Post
    a lot of minority here then. As realm first 100 everything went smooth for me too
    There were no realm firsts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    Friendly reminder - keep your nose out of my business?
    Trying to organise some kind of "do not purchase" campaigns are just silly. How about everyone gets to make up their own minds?
    Don't understand why people are getting pissy and being childish. It was a reminder of an alternate method to get your point across to Blizz without complaining. Nobody said you had to do it, nor would I bother to speak directly to you with that attitude of yours. Either way, Psyllock has a good point about data collection.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neromius View Post
    Don't understand why people are getting pissy and being childish. It was a reminder of an alternate method to get your point across to Blizz without complaining. Nobody said you had to do it, nor would I bother to speak directly to you with that attitude of yours. Either way, Psyllock has a good point about data collection.
    But you thought that everyone needed your reminder, because it's completely impossible to make these choices without your help?
    Ok then..

Maybe start a petition to boycott it as well? They tend to be effective you know