Thread: Windows 10

Page 1 of 42
... LastLast
    Deleted

Windows 10

So, I have upgraded the OS, everything looks nice, but the browser sound is not working on my speakers oh men, only mp3 files are working - websites like youtube, I have to use earphones, now I am waiting for the MS representative, so that I resolve the problem :E

Anyone here has any problems with w10?

Quote Originally Posted by JakeBlake View Post
    So, I have upgraded the OS, everything looks nice, but the browser sound is not working on my speakers oh men, only mp3 files are working - websites like youtube, I have to use earphones, now I am waiting for the MS representative, so that I resolve the problem :E

Anyone here has any problems with w10?
    sounds like soundcard drivers hold down the windows key and press "pause/break" this will open up systems, then go to device manager and look for yellow !

Assuming this is similar setup to windows in the past

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not 100% certain yet, but I think I may prefer Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    I never got the whole dislike of 8 or 8.1

I mean like... i click desktop and its as if I never left 7

15+ Year Old Account
    It's been stable and perfect for me, I used the auto-update and skipped the direct download which refused to move the registry so all had to be reinstalled (happened on my laptop).
    Do you have onboard ship or a pci soundcard? Checked the manufacturers page latest drivers?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Done updates and everything is still the same, to be frank ;/

I've heard it's pretty good, but I can't even reserve it on my PC. The Get Windows 10 icon just doesn't exist, and when I click the Reserve button in the Updates window nothing happens.

Done all these 'fixes' in help topics on the Internet and nothing :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Upgraded from 7 to 10 last night. Ran into problems with my video card drivers and doesn't work. In the process of reverting it back to 7. I always have bad luck with this stuff.

I've read that if your computer crashes after the one year free Windows 10 upgrade period, you'll have to buy a Windows 10 License to reinstall it, even if you were upgraded during the free period. Make full backup images !

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Nevermind, just needed to update drivers.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2015-07-30 at 03:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    The first thing I did after installing W10 is returning the Start-Menu to the Windows 8.1 version :P
    I loved that thing!
    You can do that? I may do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    The first thing I did after installing W10 is returning the Start-Menu to the Windows 8.1 version :P
    I loved that thing!
    You mean the menu thing that everyone hated at launch? I tried to get used to it, didn't work out for me. I probably could get used to it if I tried harder.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I despised windows 8. My parents got a new computer with it and asked me to help them with it. I spent like an hour trying to use it. I never swear in front of them, but at that point every 2nd word out of my mouth was an F bomb. I just found it very frustrating to use. Maybe I'm just old.

Deleted
    Everything fine and stable. But never understood the hate towards Win 8 / 8.1. Never had a problem with this OS and if someone makes a scene out of it, when he has to push the Win + D Buttons to see his Desktop, then he deserves to be bitch-slapped.

Everything else was stable and the performance was good. And it's now good with Win 10. So I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I despised windows 8. My parents got a new computer with it and asked me to help them with it. I spent like an hour trying to use it. I never swear in front of them, but at that point every 2nd word out of my mouth was an F bomb. I just found it very frustrating to use. Maybe I'm just old.
    No it's just a poor interface for a desktop, always was. On a personal level I think metro is also the ugliest UI I've ever seen in mass production, I won't be moving to 10 any time soon, from what I can tell it looks like the mutilated offspring of W7 and W8.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    No it's just a poor interface for a desktop, always was. On a personal level I think metro is also the ugliest UI I've ever seen in mass production, I won't be moving to 10 any time soon, from what I can tell it looks like the mutilated offspring of W7 and W8.
    What makes it a poor interface? Seems to work very well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Relativist fallacy that though. I mean, there's a reason the service pack did what it did and why W10 looks like it does. It's been repeated ad nauseam everywhere, but to list a few of my gripes:

Charms
    Apps
    Loss of features
    Microsoft account spam
    Does W8 have a network map yet?
    Unbelievably unintuitive, youtube videos aplenty for this
    Admin rights are a nightmare
    So is network sharing
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    A lot of people don't seem to realise that Metro is not meant to replace the desktop. It can be used for simple, mobile-type apps but if that doesn't interest you everything you need is practically identical to Vista/7.

10+ Year Old Account
    0 problems. This was like the smoothest transition to a newer OS ever in history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Relativist fallacy that though. I mean, there's a reason the service pack did what it did and why W10 looks like it does. It's been repeated ad nauseam everywhere, but to list a few of my gripes:

Charms
    They work just fine, but I pretty much only use them to turn off my computer, for which purpose they're fine.

Apps
    Completely optional. I just don't use them.

Loss of features
    You mean the Start Menu? There's nothing I can do with the start menu that I can't also do in Windows 8 just as easily, if not easier.

Microsoft account spam
    I have never encountered this. At all.

Does W8 have a network map yet?
    Don't know. Never had need of one.

Unbelievably unintuitive, youtube videos aplenty for this
    This is subjective. Besides, once you use it for like a week, it doesn't matter how intuitive or not it is, and it's efficient.

Admin rights are a nightmare
    How so? I've never once run into an issue with this in 2 years of using Windows 8.1.

So is network sharing
    Another one of those things I've never used, so can't comment on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    A lot of people don't seem to realise that Metro is not meant to replace the desktop. It can be used for simple, mobile-type apps but if that doesn't interest you everything you need is practically identical to Vista/7.
    I like the Metro tiles for my launching of programs. But I never use Apps. They are pretty bad.