Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

2H Frost what's going on?

One weapon per spec. The frost spec gets those fucking toothpicks. Where is the 2h frost weapon? In fact that forces me to ask, what's gonna happen with 2h frost if no Artifact Weapon exists for it? I really hope they don't plan to ruin that spec. I WILL NOT trade my 2h weapon for a couple of sticks. I will not become a stealthless rogue in plate.

I hope the Q&A gives us some information about this because I've been playing a 2H frost DK since day one and honestly, Legion has me worried.

10+ Year Old Account
    Posted it on the EU forums but gonna say it again here anyway.

2H Frost is way more like a Paladin/Warrior then DW is like a rogue. Just think about it for a second.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Deleted
    They will be removing it with any luck. They have proven time and time again that they can't balance the two subspacs of Frost. So the logical thing is to remove one and focus primarily on getting one right. If you don't like it then unfortunately you are going to have to reroll bud. I'm hoping that the question will be asked in the up and coming QA so the DK community can get a definite answer on it.

Deleted
    I really don't like DW either. At least with 2H you spam 3 keys, DW is only 2.

No, it doesn't "force you" to ask anything. They said there's going to be weapons for everyone, you have NOTHING to show for the contrary, and your entitled attitude is exactly what is wrong with this game now. They aren't out to get you. They don't make changes to spite you. Acting defiant just makes us laugh, it doesn't get you results.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightblue View Post
    No, it doesn't "force you" to ask anything. They said there's going to be weapons for everyone, you have NOTHING to show for the contrary, and your entitled attitude is exactly what is wrong with this game now. They aren't out to get you. They don't make changes to spite you. Acting defiant just makes us laugh, it doesn't get you results.
    They said ONE ARTIFACT WEAPON PER SPEC. They also said there are 38 weapons. 12 existing classes with 3 specs (with the exception of druids but they use the same weapons or rather forms). 12 X 3 = 36. Add the Demon Hunter class to that which has only two specs meaning two more weapons (36 + 2) and you have 38 Artifact Weapons.

So yeah, as someone who played frost 2h since day one WOTLK I am forced to ask. Now go away and troll somewhere else, the adults are talking.

They clearly said 36 weapons, one for each spec. Have no idea where you heard 38.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    They said ONE ARTIFACT WEAPON PER SPEC. They also said there are 38 weapons. 12 existing classes with 3 specs (with the exception of druids but they use the same weapons or rather forms). 12 X 3 = 36. Add the Demon Hunter class to that which has only two specs meaning two more weapons (36 + 2) and you have 38 Artifact Weapons.

So yeah, as someone who played frost 2h since day one WOTLK I am forced to ask. Now go away and troll somewhere else, the adults are talking.
    Apparently you can be condescending like a big boy, maybe you'll mature like an actual adult someday if you really believe in yourself.

In regards to the actual issue at hand, I would not be surprised if they got rid of 2H frost for the sake of better defining class identity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldyplod View Post
    They will be removing it with any luck. They have proven time and time again that they can't balance the two subspacs of Frost. So the logical thing is to remove one and focus primarily on getting one right. If you don't like it then unfortunately you are going to have to reroll bud. I'm hoping that the question will be asked in the up and coming QA so the DK community can get a definite answer on it.
    It didn't work for enhancement it doesn't work for frost, time to move on and let things that don't work reside in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    They clearly said 36 weapons, one for each spec. Have no idea where you heard 38.
    No you are right. It was 36 on the screen. So that means they didn't count the Demon Hunters and unfortunately does not change a thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goldyplod View Post
    That's cause they are trying to promote 2 play stiles in one spec. Frost 2h and DW should be unified under one play stile and the weapon choice should be optional. It worked with monks, didn't it?

No you are right. It was 36 on the screen. So that means they didn't count the Demon Hunters and unfortunately does not change a thing.
    You must have missed math class, we have 11 classes with 34 specs right now (because druids have 4). +2 for Demon Hunters, makes 36.

Its very unlikely that any spec will get multiple weapon choices, however. But there is no point in flaming and complaining anyway, as you don't know what other changes might come to a spec to adjust/improve the new playstyle they are pushing.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2015-08-07 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    You must have missed math class, we have 11 classes with 34 specs right now (because druids have 4). +2 for Demon Hunters, makes 36.
    Well shit. What can I say, I'm tired and pissed off, apologies. Yes, there are a total of 36 specs with druids included with all the classes and that means there is still no change and each spec gets one.

Never mind! Some one pointed out the math as I was posting.

Deleted
    if youre going to do the nitpicking then there is probably way more weapons than 36 (fury warriors, rogues, windwalkers.... etc etc).

anyway i think theyll remove 2h indeed. Ive stopped maining my old dk (mained it since the day wotlk came out untill 5.3). Personally i always preferred frost 2h

Quote Originally Posted by vettehenk View Post
    if youre going to do the nitpicking then there is probably way more weapons than 36 (fury warriors, rogues, windwalkers.... etc etc).

anyway i think theyll remove 2h indeed. Ive stopped maining my old dk (mained it since the day wotlk came out untill 5.3). Personally i always preferred frost 2h
    The 2 Frost DK swords count as one weapon. Same with the Prot Warrior shield and sword. And removing 2h is plausible, but why not make everyone happy and make the damn weapon choice optional?

10+ Year Old Account
    The 2 Frost DK swords count as one weapon. Same with the Prot Warrior shield and sword. And removing 2h is plausible, but why not make everyone happy and make the damn weapon choice optional?
    Since making everyone happy is a foolish design philosophy what has not connection to reality. This is how it's going to be with the new system for a single expansion like it or not. I like it as it tries something new.

Every spec gets one artifact weapon this is fair and the only fair way to do this, it's not because your class can wear multiple different types that it means you are entitled to multiple types. Quality over quantity also come to mind.

"Go away, The adults are talking" is probably one of the most childish ways you could have responded.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    "Go away, The adults are talking" is probably one of the most childish ways you could have responded.
    Clearly this is a case of 'stop liking things i don't like!', he isn't getting his way so he's stamping his feet. The irony when speak as 'adults'.

Because those same people and then some will be even happier when frost doesn't suck anymore. 2H was holding frost back, similarly to the enhancement thing people keep bringing up, or ferals and bear, or even DKs and 3 dps 3 tank specs. It just doesn't work in the long run, and having one "playstyle" per spec makes everything easier to balance and brings back class and spec uniqueness. every class and spec needs to have it's defining features which is what WoD lacked, and what hopefully this new xpac will bring, and the new artifact weapons being 1 special unique weapon per spec will hopefully build on that idea of class and spec flavor/individuality.

Deleted

Artifacts

This is what it says at the front page of MMO-C.

•There are 36 Artifacts, one for each class and specialization.

So lets see, we have 11 classes, now 12 with Demon Hunter.

11 - 3 = 33 + 1 for druid 4th spec and then 2 more for Demon Hunter = 36.