Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

What will be survival's gap closer as melee?

I think survival will lose disengage in favor of another ability that will work in a reverse manner, sort of goblin jump and have a tier around it.
    Also I could imagine using existing/new traps to get to the target easily.
    Another possibility is to use the pet to pin the target in place or even "drag" them to you while you're trying to close in.

So what would you guys like to see?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    I think survival will lose disengage in favor of another ability that will work in a reverse manner, sort of goblin jump and have a tier around it.
    Also I could imagine using existing/new traps to get to the target easily.
    Another possibility is to use the pet to pin the target in place or even "drag" them to you while you're trying to close in.

So what would you guys like to see?
    I would like to see the idea of melee hunters completely scraped.

Who says they'll get one? Us Paladins don't have any beyond a slow (which we have to glyph for), alongside a stun. Technically they aren't even 'gap closers' in the traditional sense of Charge/Death Grip/etc.

Deleted
    Engage? /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shuken View Post
    I would like to see the idea of melee hunters completely scraped.
    Why? Do you know how good/bad the spec already is? Please tell me because I sure don't

Deleted
    Melee hunters were boring asf in vanilla imo

Dead Zone – The Hunters target is teleported back to the Hunter where they will remain in a 3yrd radius for 5 secs, during this time no ranged abilities can be used.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    Who says they'll get one? Us Paladins don't have any beyond a slow (which we have to glyph for), alongside a stun. Technically they aren't even 'gap closers' in the traditional sense of Charge/Death Grip/etc.
    Because blizz know that a melee class with no gap closers doesn't feel fun - take ret/enh as examples, and they wouldn't design one more of these. In order for people to take on a new class/spec, there must be something fun and new for people to get excited. Ret and enhance only rely on sprint-type abilities but they have a lot of utility and offhealing to partially make up for the lack of gap closers. Survival isn't as likely to have this utility (offhealing is totally out of the question) so I expect a "real" gap closer

Quote Originally Posted by tonyz22 View Post
    Thats because the original intent to make them a pure melee was scrapped during vanilla alpha/beta. Lacerate was a crappy talent that should have either been improved or removed during beta.

Deleted
    Your pet drags your target to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyz22 View Post
    In vanilla not all talent trees were supposed to be really "specs". Survival was meant to be combined with BM or MM and was not a self-sufficient melee spec. Now the intention is for it to become exactly such.

The funny thing is they might really have a "bleed-like" main attack to evoke these vanilla memories

10+ Year Old Account
    Engage, it will be a leap but instead of backwards... forwards

Quote Originally Posted by Meowzer22 View Post
    Why? Do you know how good/bad the spec already is? Please tell me because I sure don't
    I know it will be melee, that's all I need to know to know I won't want to play it in PVE or PVP. In fact, I hope it is really bad so I am not forced into playing and feel gimped if I don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    I can see a tier like the current disengage tier:
    - engage and gain speed
    - engage and root everyone around the point of landing (reverse to the current spider web talent that roots enemies around the point of disengaging)
    - reduced engage cd or 2 charges

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuken View Post
    I know it will be melee, that's all I need to know to know I won't want to play it in PVE or PVP. In fact, I hope it is really bad so I am not forced into playing and feel gimped if I don't.
    I understand that some people rolled Hunter specifically to be Ranged but are you saying you would rather have SV be left the way it is? IE: A shittier version of MM? Just roll a different class if you are going to wish for one of your specs to be bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol, blizz will give hunters a heroic leap just like warriors
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

I'm curious on what they are planning for our talents!

I.e binding shot and the other kinds of 'shot' talents.. that I cant think of right now!

as for a gap closer... since we use the pet. surely a pet 'pounce' would be best

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    Yeah you have anti gap openers. You're virtually unsnareable/unrootable. You can be specced to be at an increased speed virtually at all times. If you can't sit on a target as ret 90% of the time, you might want to reroll.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Your pet drags your target to you.
    The visual on this would be amazing.

Also, why not go all crazy with it and be chains and locking. Imagine a reverse scorpion where we throw a spear into our enemies and drag them back to us?

Or using the tether ability that's currently a leveling talent and make it part of our charge-like system? I just want it to invoke a deadly hunter of game feel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    Also lays in a new course at Warp 6.

On topic, yeah, I think a forward leap is pretty likely, since disengage might feel a little odd as a melee, and a little too Demon Hunter-ish, since they can flip out of melee and dash back in.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.