10+ Year Old Account

Oops! Shadows of Revan X-Pac

So I've been dinking around on my Shadow and Guardian the past few nights and finally noticed I wasn't gaining XP. I thought maybe I was locked out due to a bug or I had to open a quest, but then after consulting the almighty Google I found out I was a dunce and simply hadn't bought the Shadows of Revan expansion... >_>

So anyways, before I plop down $20, does anyone know if they are planning to do something similar as with Makeb and open the X-Pac up to subscribers? I'd hate to buy it and then a week later it gets given out for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will be making the expansion free to Subscribers in October when Fallen Empires comes out. So if you want to you could wait until then. Depends on your patience really, release is a couple of months away yet and you may want to have reached 60 and seen the Revan stuff before the next one comes out, so you can dive right in with the new stuff.

It will even be possible to just skip the 55-60 stuff and boost a new character to 60 in October when the expansion comes. Choice is yours!

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    So I've been dinking around on my Shadow and Guardian the past few nights and finally noticed I wasn't gaining XP. I thought maybe I was locked out due to a bug or I had to open a quest, but then after consulting the almighty Google I found out I was a dunce and simply hadn't bought the Shadows of Revan expansion... >_>

So anyways, before I plop down $20, does anyone know if they are planning to do something similar as with Makeb and open the X-Pac up to subscribers? I'd hate to buy it and then a week later it gets given out for free.
    I believe it will become free on the release of KoTFE at end of October according to a few threads on the SWTOR forums and reddit. Have not found the official statement yet. Anyway its still more than a week to October.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    They will be making the expansion free to Subscribers in October when Fallen Empires comes out. So if you want to you could wait until then. Depends on your patience really, release is a couple of months away yet and you may want to have reached 60 and seen the Revan stuff before the next one comes out, so you can dive right in with the new stuff.

It will even be possible to just skip the 55-60 stuff and boost a new character to 60 in October when the expansion comes. Choice is yours!
    This is my feeling as well, but I cant seem to track down any official word on it. The feeling from players on the SWTOR forums is that it will be like when SoR launched and RotHC was bundled in with a sub. At any rate, if you buy SoR now you can be sure that it won't pop up for free (to subs) until at least mid October.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a feeling actually. It's confirmed on the FAQ here: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/7418

5. Can I still get Knights of the Fallen Empire if I don’t have Rise of the Hutt Cartel or Shadow of Revan?
    All subscribers will receive access to Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan starting on October 27, 2015.

Oh my a whole $20 dollars...
    Sounds like a hard decision... Wait a few months or spend $20 dollars...

It's not a feeling actually. It's confirmed on the FAQ here: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/7418
    Ah I knew that I had seen it somewhere. Good, now we know for sure!

5. Can I still get Knights of the Fallen Empire if I don’t have Rise of the Hutt Cartel or Shadow of Revan?
    All subscribers will receive access to Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan starting on October 27, 2015.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    Oh my a whole $20 dollars...
    Sounds like a hard decision... Wait a few months or spend $20 dollars...
    I am stingy with my money. ^_^

Thanks for the responses guys!

SNIP...

I do want to emphasis this.

It will only boost a new toon. I do not think it will boost a toon that is already in the leveling process.

Spend $20 now, be a sub and get the 12X boost and have a couple toons level 60 before the expansion OR

Wait till Oct 27. Spend $15 a month (sub) and get it all for free (makeb, SoR, new content plus one boosted new toon to 60)) but the 12X is going away OCT 19 when the early access starts. You would miss out on that easy leveling for class story only and have to level up like it used to be.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do I need Shadows of Revan to continue my class storyline? I finished Makeb(RotHC) and kinda have nowhere to go atm.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Do I need Shadows of Revan to continue my class storyline? I finished Makeb(RotHC) and kinda have nowhere to go atm.
    yes you do

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyanide View Post
    yes you do
    Damm, but oh well the money is worth the story in this case. Bounty Hunter, been pretty good so far