Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Talking Demon Hunter - Your New Main ??

a off-topic question but is there any of you guys that will be re rolling to the demon hunter in new expansion and maybe make it your main incase your losing interest in hunter ??

or will you still make hunter your main forever because you dont fancy being melee ??

Melee will always have less raid spots.

For all bosses in this tier, our comp has been roughly: 2 Tanks, 3-4 Melee, 9-11 Ranged, 4-5 Healers. And those 3 Melee we always take consist of a mix of 2 DKs, 2 Rogues, 1 Warrior, 1 Paladin, 1 Monk, 1 Shaman. So roughly 50% of our Melee roster will sit on bench on progress. Where we maybe have to sit 2-3 ranged at best and have over 10 in the progress comp in some scenarios.

Why? Because Ranged are far better at handling nearly every mechanic and do more DPS. You only bring melee for utility abilities(eg. Mass grips, interrupts).

Therefore, Demon Hunters will have to either bring insane DPS or they must bring utility that will significantly help the raid in a raid encounter.

TL;DR: M U C K F E L E E
    Last edited by Tehterokkar; 2015-08-15 at 06:48 PM.

People will make it their "main" for a month, get tired of it and return to another class, just like the Death Knight.

Hunter will be my main, current main is monk so fortunately I already have a melee spot so if survival is viable I'll be able to play that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post

For all bosses in this tier, our comp has been roughly: 2 Tanks, 3-4 Melee, 9-11 Ranged, 4-5 Healers. And those 3 Melee we always take consist of a mix of 2 DKs, 2 Rogues, 1 Warrior, 1 Paladin, 1 Monk, 1 Shaman. So roughly 50% of our Melee roster will sit on bench on progress. Where we maybe have to sit 2-3 ranged at best and have over 10 in the progress comp in some scenarios.

Why? Because Ranged are far better at handling nearly every mechanic and do more DPS. You only bring melee for utility abilities(eg. Mass grips, interrupts).
    What? That's just utterly ridiculous. Some fights overly-punish ranged classes but go easy on melee, and vice-versa. To say ranged intrinsically do more DPS is utterly false.

As it currently stands, DPS spec balancing isn't so skewered as to place ranged ahead of melee across the board, and even in situations where ranged does pull ahead, in general most competitive specs - both ranged or melee - are balanced within a mere couple thousand DPS of one another. As I said before, on some fights melee is superior, and on other fights ranged is superior.

In fact, of the top 10 specs in HFC right now - overall data considering an average taken from EVERY boss - 1/2 of the specs are melee! This isn't simcraft data. This is actual log data taken from thousands of samples of actual player performance in real fights. You can go to warcraftlogs yourself if you don't believe me, and you can back the data up by going to other log sites, or actually joining some randoms and seeing the numbers some melee are capable of pushing.

Heck, I've seen sub rogues murder the meters on Archimonde; would a guild be wise to bench and limit the number of melee when progressing on fights that are melee-friendly?

I just get the feeling that - even though your guild is doing mythic - you're unfairly benching certain melee when you simply don't need to be doing so. It's just better to actually give players a chance to remember it's a game, a chance to enjoy the fun, rather than denying them it so the boss goes down 5 seconds faster, methinks.

Currently, 6/13 of the fights in Mythic are being topped by a melee spec.
    Last edited by Will; 2015-08-16 at 12:27 AM.

Oh you mean padding logs are a good way to determine a spec is doing good?

Must be why there are 3.2k Mythic WW Logs, 4.4k Mythic Enhancement logs. On the other hand, there are 19.6k Warlock logs, 24.8k Mage Logs, 32.5k Hunter logs, 18.7k Rogue Logs, etc. etc.

These specs are a minority, and they are a minority for a reason, they suck at progress related things(single-target burst, target switching). Only thing they are good at is AoE padding.

Deleted
    Oh you mean padding logs are a good way to determine a spec is doing good?

Must be why there are 3.2k Mythic WW Logs, 4.4k Mythic Enhancement logs. On the other hand, there are 19.6k Warlock logs, 24.8k Mage Logs, 32.5k Hunter logs, 18.7k Rogue Logs, etc. etc.

These specs are a minority, and they are a minority for a reason, they suck at progress related things(single-target burst, target switching). Only thing they are good at is AoE padding.
    God you're ignorant.

WW is in a really strong spot right now when it comes to both numbers and mechanics. The reason for its low parse count is that not many play the spec (for whatever reasons).

Deleted
    Nah, will make one like everyone else but rerolling mage so far.

I'll play one casually because it seems cool, but I'll be sticking with my hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnitDC View Post
    People will make it their "main" for a month, get tired of it and return to another class, just like the Death Knight.
    That must be why there are no DK's played anymore... /facepalm

Deleted
    Well if i rerol that will be rogue or Enh shaman
    Personally i preff enh but rogues always win at the end 2 expansions they start on bad spot then get buffed to the teeth
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2015-08-16 at 09:58 AM.

Deleted

Therefore, Demon Hunters will have to either bring insane DPS or they must bring utility that will significantly help the raid in a raid encounter.

TL;DR: M U C K F E L E E
    It's kinda sad when people give a damn about whether the class is melee or range when doing raids unless its ... a 90%/10% distribution or something like that.
    So glad not every high end guild/raid or raid in general thinks about it that way.
    Wasn't like this for me back in BC and WotLK either *shrug* - will always depend on raid design imho (and how good the player or strong a class is)
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2015-08-16 at 11:28 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    From a raiding perspective, I really really do hope that the new demon hunter class does take away from hunters being the most played class, its annoyingly difficult to join new guilds or recruit decent hunters since everyone and their mother wants to be one...

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinelol View Post
    God you're ignorant.

WW is in a really strong spot right now when it comes to both numbers and mechanics. The reason for its low parse count is that not many play the spec (for whatever reasons).
    A spec being strong isn't going to help when there are specs that are stronger. Rogues/DKs/Warriors are all incredibly strong this tier(especially Warriors). When you have to decide who gets a spot for progress, you look what each spec brings, and WW/Enha always fail to meet this check.

Looking at Warriors specifically:
    2-target Cleave: Best in game
    Burst AoE: Best in game
    Execute: Best in game

Plus they bring a Raid CD and a Tank CD. All these 3 categories are something that bring raid spots, there is not a single fight where sustained AoE is a thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Well if i rerol that will be rogue or Enh shaman
    Personally i preff enh but rogues always win at the end 2 expansions they start on bad spot then get buffed to the teeth
    Rogues just scale better when gear improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinelol View Post
    God you're ignorant.

Haha. Seems youre the one thats ignorant as he gave his reason and did so in a very easy to understand kind of way but some reason it just went completely over your head. I guess you were so focused on trying to prove your incorrect point of view that... you missed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda11 View Post
    or will you still make hunter your main forever because you dont fancy being melee ??
    This. But it sucks hunters is gonna be melee at one point aswell in Legion.

Far too early for me to tell. If it plays fun then maybe. Without knowing its playstyle or anything, I wont say its my main.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillicis View Post
    This. But it sucks hunters is gonna be melee at one point aswell in Legion.
    One hunter spec will be melee. I think its awesome to change up the class like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I think i'm staying with my shaman or going back to paladin. I'm not a big fan of energy classes, having to wait for energy while doing nothing else isn't really my thing. I'm going to have a DH alt though, 100%.

A spec being strong isn't going to help when there are specs that are stronger. Rogues/DKs/Warriors are all incredibly strong this tier(especially Warriors). When you have to decide who gets a spot for progress, you look what each spec brings, and WW/Enha always fail to meet this check.

Looking at Warriors specifically:
    2-target Cleave: Best in game
    Burst AoE: Best in game
    Execute: Best in game

Plus they bring a Raid CD and a Tank CD. All these 3 categories are something that bring raid spots, there is not a single fight where sustained AoE is a thing.
    Well Looking at top dps for each fight in mythic/hc mode according to world of logs statistics warrior is only ahead in one fight and that is tyrant as arms warrior. Sure fury is good for kormrok hands but demo lock is better. So best burst aoe - nope. Best 2target cleave - yeah possibly as arms. Best execute - possibly but why does it matter when single target dps is poor?

Hellfire Assault: Enhancement shammy
    Ironreaver: Fire mage
    Kormrok: Demonology Lock
    Hellfire Council: Shadow Priest
    Kilrogg: Enhancement shammy
    Gorefiend: Sub rogue
    Iskar: Combat rogue
    Fel Lord Zakuun: Sub rogue
    Xhul'horac: Elemental shaman
    Socrethar: Destro Lock
    tyrant velhari: Arms warrior
    Mannoroth: Sub rogue
    Archimonde: Fire mage

Not many warriors in the list. Warriors are not worst, but certainly not the best either. Fury falls behind ww monk on single target fights like zakuun and iron reaver. Arms is like the worst st spec in game after the tier nerf.
    Last edited by barackohmama; 2015-08-17 at 12:26 AM.