Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

TCG mounts: immense disparity EU vs US realms

Hey

Anyone who plays on EU realms and is interested in these mounts propably noticed a big gaping hole in their availability. Prices skyrocketed to insane levels here and mounts are almost impossible to find on AH. People expect 1500-2000k gold for epic tiger and 1000k gold for blue tiger.

Meanwhile US realms have plenty of them posted and for pennies compared to EU. Blazing and Corrupted hippogryphs are like 70k gold on US-Illidan and there's like 5 of them posted atm. I don't remember when was the last time I saw this mount on my Silvermoon-EU AH! Tigers - 230k blue, 420k epic, plenty available. The only kinda expensive mount out there seems to be White Riding Camel.

What the hell is going on with this? US realms getting dupe waves while EU does not? I could understand 100% price disparity like WoW token, but 500-1000% disparity is just silly. Granted I have all my tcg mounts already so it does not effect me personally but I'd be sad if these mounts would vanish permanently from our realms. They're already on the brink of extinction if prices on them exceed a gold cap and you can't find them on AH anymore.

The surplus was duped a while ago on the US realms and it also has to do with the card game being more popular and readily available in the US.

To be honest there are only a few US realms where those mounts are available at those prices.. I had to transfer an alt to Illidan and farm gold there to be able to afford one of those babies.. The Corrupted Hippo, bought it yesterday for 70k just like you said.. In most US realms I've been checking there's few TCG mounts available and starting at 200k.. Going all the way up to 999.999 gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    WoD is worse than leveling in Hellfire Peninsula in a PvP Server where your faction sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by This Sesshomaru View Post
    To be honest there are only a few US realms where those mounts are available at those prices.. I had to transfer an alt to Illidan and farm gold there to be able to afford one of those babies.. The Corrupted Hippo, bought it yesterday for 70k just like you said.. In most US realms I've been checking there's few TCG mounts available and starting at 200k.. Going all the way up to 999.999 gold.
    US Quantity 183
    US Median Price 510000.01
    US Mean Price 561967.73

EU Quantity 1
    EU Median Price 924000.00
    EU Mean Price 884472.29

Note particularly the quantity discrepancy. Now there's a lot of factors involved but I wouldnt be surprised if US had a dupe that wasn't shared around, and fixed before it did spread. There are ways to dupe that won't get you banned on EU/US, but naturally the trades won't be protected by blizzard and generally risky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Just wait for another dupe on EU, it may take a while, but it will come

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Cara View Post
    The surplus was duped a while ago on the US realms and it also has to do with the card game being more popular and readily available in the US.
    Not only that, but the US wow token is at 20+k, while the EU token is at 45+k, talking about the gametime token ofc. This means that people that want to buy gold, buy the TCG mounts in the US (higher availability aswell as said by sin cara above) and buy the token in the EU, and sadly... i fucking hate it cuz i play on EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulscorch View Post
    Not only that, but the US wow token is at 20+k, while the EU token is at 45+k, talking about the gametime token ofc. This means that people that want to buy gold, buy the TCG mounts in the US (higher availability aswell as said by sin cara above) and buy the token in the EU, and sadly... i fucking hate it cuz i play on EU.
    Wow, didn't know you could do that.

Some do actually appear on the BMAH as well... but if it's as bad as you say those could easily go for 954k anyhow. Truth is there was a finite amount created... and the TCG is long gone, no need to explain supply vs. demand here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    And there we go. EU dupe has begun.
    https://theunderminejournal.com/#eu/...mer/item/49290
    Time to grab one if the price drops more.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is because the dupers died and i am glad for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I, as a mount collector who isn't done yet with tcg, thank you, esubane, for making a post on a problem that doesn't concern yourself.

I have 12\17 atm and missing both tigers, rooster, blazing hippogryph and shorestrider.

And indeed, back in March-April I got several tcg mounts like mottled drake, bear, rhino etc. for around 200-250k on aegwynn, a high pop german realm, now instead those same mounts are very close to gold cap on the SAME realm, because the quantity went down a lot ofc.

Indeed there must have been dupes where you see those huge spikes in us, eu had the same in january 2.015 it seems.

But yes, looks like an eu dupe which interest 3 of the mounts I need started as of 28th August or so: roosters, blue tigers and purple tigers, if you look at the part of undermine journal which states the eu quantity, roosters reached a peak of about 60, and about 40 of each tiger, but roosters are still around 40 atm and blue tigers only 15 or so and only 2 purple tigers or so.

Why this? Difference in demand I think, caused by the RL value which is swift spectral > spectral > rooster.

However an odd thing: in us it doesn't look like the quantity is dropping a lot, does it? And they go for 300-500k (these 3 mounts), here with 700-1 mil prices they go down faster? Why are eu people so eager to buy them compared to us?

10+ Year Old Account
    They are incredibly rare even on high pop realms in EU. I'm sure even the shittiest cheapest TCG mount could sell for close to a gold cap on my server because it could be the first time it's ever been on my server's AH. I bought the first and only Corrupted Hippogryph I've ever seen on my server years ago and had to transfer for the others I've bought.

Indeed, that was what I suspected as the reason why in eu they're being bought quicker than us, rare that they appear.

I myself bought a charger skull for 1 mil on quel'thalas and a corrupted hippogryph for 1 mil on draenor, because, even though it's an extortionist's price, I often monitor undermine journal and noticed that even blazing hippogryph sold for 1 mil at the first attempt the seller did on azuremyst, which is a small realm (like quel'thalas on other hand), so people over the years made millions on those realms that they don't need, a tcg mount appears for the first time ever, they throw 1 mil rather than having someone else do it.

Same thing as with gold capping plagued proto 954k, you might as well wait and get it cheaper, but if someone else caps it, you may not see it for months or 1 year + on your realm.

Deleted
    One of the reasons I laugh each time I hear people claiming they "earned the TCG mounts ingame", almost instantly makes them out as US players. It's also extremly detrimental to EU collectors as the US ones simply assume the EU ones have it as easy as them and are just being lazy. Currently on my realm there's a single white rhino listed for gold cap. Great!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    One of the reasons I laugh each time I hear people claiming they "earned the TCG mounts ingame", almost instantly makes them out as US players. It's also extremly detrimental to EU collectors as the US ones simply assume the EU ones have it as easy as them and are just being lazy. Currently on my realm there's a single white rhino listed for gold cap. Great!
    Only 850k on our realm! But yeah getting all of them on EU nowadays is a sick feat. Apparently not so much on US.

Deleted
    I'm surprised people aren't taking advantage of this then. You can easily buy codes / cards for around £120 from ebay or that TCG loot site, which is not a lot to get gold cap considering £15 gets you 40k with the token.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Hey
    Very nice post and kind of you to make it despite the fact that you're finished with then.

However I just wanted to say that I am totally flabbergasted by your signature, I have only just breached the 1.5 mill goal and that's with WoD and a bunch of garrisons. 34 million is just beyond belief :P

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    I have 12\17 atm and missing both tigers, rooster, blazing hippogryph and shorestrider.
    Shorestrider is apparently not a popular duping subject (neither was the Battle Bear) so you're extremely unlikely to run across it.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch0s View Post
    Very nice post and kind of you to make it despite the fact that you're finished with then.

However I just wanted to say that I am totally flabbergasted by your signature, I have only just breached the 1.5 mill goal and that's with WoD and a bunch of garrisons. 34 million is just beyond belief :P
    34M gold from auction != 34M gold

Agree with the US have it easy topic, basically when I check a super mount collector in us I see they have all tcg mounts, oh, wow, some are down to 50k, nothing special.

When I see an EU collector who has all I'm impressed since most go for gold cap now, although I have to say there were FAR more tcg mounts in the past years, for example a 310 + collector I know got them all in wotlk, cata and early mop, so he actually bought most on quel'thalas which is a low pop and you're unlikely to find ONE SINGLE tcg mount now on it, there were more tcg mounts in wotlk or cata in quel'thalas than draenor (high pop) now!

So obviously if you were as strong gold-making wise, as to own several hundred thousands in mop and millions in cata, then yes, you could get all for modest prices even in eu.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Shorestrider is apparently not a popular duping subject (neither was the Battle Bear) so you're extremely unlikely to run across it.
    Unfortunately yes, was never in high quantity, take a look at january, there were like 200 tigers in eu back then but only 6 shorestriders, and it only appeared in some select realms: aegwynn is a german high pop where there were always a lot of tcg mounts, more than draenor, I know a tcg mount flipper there who has all mounts and bought like 11 spectral tigers in end of mop for 450k and is selling them at 1,25 millions now (so much profit!), but he doesn't have shorestrider cause it NEVER appeared there in the first place.

Draenor and silvermoon seem to be the best bet for it now, about 1 appears every month in whole eu, last 2 were at mid july and mid august in draenor and silvermoon for 800k and 860k, I won't be surprised if they sell for gold cap, really.