Thread: [TV] Archer

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

[TV] Archer

I started watching Archer about a year ago, after a recommendation from Netflix. After being reduced to tears from laughing to hard during the first few episodes, I bingewatched the remaining 5 seasons.

Basically, imagine if James Bond is an autistic egotistical nonchalant self-centered asshole with no respect for authority, M is his mother, drinks a lot and has a lot of the same issue, Moneypenny is a billionaire orphan with a fetish for autoerotic asphyxiation, Q is the son of an escaped Nazi scientist who has a loli fetish and is married to a hologram, Felix Leiter is a middle-aged sex addict with daddy issues and there is also an HR manager who is extremely resistant to drugs, can fight better than James Bond, AND a cyborg agent who is constantly being mortally wounded.

This probably isn't a very good description, but it's seriously hilarious.

Yes archer is absolutely hilarious. Can't wait for the next season. They'll likely have to change the name of the company though. Isis carries some bad connotations now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Krieger is definitely the star of the show in my book. A shame the voice actor of Woodhouse passed away though- he was a great character as well.

I started watching like 6 months ago. He's funny because he's egotistical, but the side characters get annoying. Worst part though is that you have to watch sequentially or you just don't know who the characters are talking about or why they're in the situation they are.

15+ Year Old Account
    Watched since it came out, no other animated show comes close to how epic and awesome Archer is. Everything about it is just amazing.

Rick and Morty is my second favourite animated show but it doesn't come close to this.
    Last edited by Solidito; 2015-09-08 at 01:53 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Phrasing"

Best show! Love it! Pam wins, closely followed by Woodhouse.

Sad about his voice actor George Coe though, hope they find someone equally awesome or replace him completely. Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Watched since it came out, no other animated show comes close to how epic and awesome Archer is. Everything about it is just amazing.

Rick and Morty is my second favourite animated show but it doesn't come close to this.
    This is exactly how I feel. Archer is favorite animated show and the show I'm always excited for a new season. Rick and Morty quickly became my 2nd favorite animated show surpassing Bobs Burgers which the Bobs Burger Archer cross over is one of my favorite episodes out of the entire series (Doctor Krieger with the Jazz Hands being the 2nd).
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

I've only watched the first 3 episodes but loved it.

can't believe people actually think this show (or bob's burgers) is funny, i am just so fucking tired of brendan smalls
    Happy new year to all, and to all a good night!

Archer is definitely a show I like and follow. It is actually one of the few shows(probably about 5 currently) that I try to keep up with.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Coward View Post
    can't believe people actually think this show (or bob's burgers) is funny, i am just so fucking tired of brendan smalls
    People like different things, it's popular and highly rated for a reason. If you don't like it though that's totally fine, there are some mainstream and popular things I don't like, such as The Walking Dead.

I love Archer but the Venture Bros. just edge it out as my favourite cartoon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got bored when they went Breaking Bad, but before then, it was the funniest show on TV.

Not that it isn't obvious, but did they ever reveal that Lana's kid was Archer's?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I started watching Archer about a year ago, after a recommendation from Netflix. After being reduced to tears from laughing to hard during the first few episodes, I bingewatched the remaining 5 seasons.

Basically, imagine if James Bond is an autistic egotistical nonchalant self-centered asshole with no respect for authority, M is his mother, drinks a lot and has a lot of the same issue, Moneypenny is a billionaire orphan with a fetish for autoerotic asphyxiation, Q is the son of an escaped Nazi scientist who has a loli fetish and is married to a hologram, Felix Leiter is a middle-aged sex addict with daddy issues and there is also an HR manager who is extremely resistant to drugs, can fight better than James Bond, AND a cyborg agent who is constantly being mortally wounded.

This probably isn't a very good description, but it's seriously hilarious.
    I was the same - the first episode got me hooked. Very very funny

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

Not that it isn't obvious, but did they ever reveal that Lana's kid was Archer's?
    They did the episode after it was born, in the season finale.

Deleted
    Adult toons is some of the best tv we have currently imo. I love that they are so different - like for example Archer, Rick and Morty and Bobs Burger. My favourite is probably Bob`s Burger - Tina is epitome of subtle humor. Archer have incredible dialogue and actual pretty welmade animation, for example car chases looks really great for such a show.
    Rick and Morty is just a big acid trip - the fact that the writers manage to keep the stories and points so tight is incredible considering whats actual going on.

Bet they have a blast writing those shows.
    I wonder what it would take to make a animated pilot - in time, skills and staff.

Archer season 8 premiers in...50 mins.

Gotta be honest, not sure what to expect. The commercials already put me off.

Its a dream as the real Archer lays in a coma its basically a season no one needs to watch at all.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    Its a dream as the real Archer lays in a coma its basically a season no one needs to watch at all.
    Has archer ever actually been for the story though? It's all self-referential humor in the most literal sense where the viewer is essential in on inside jokes amongst the characters.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    That's the most accurate description that I've ever heard anyone use to describe anything.

It really does feel like you miss out on a ton if you don't remember everything. The continuity in this show is ridiculous. And I haven't even seen all the episodes, just scattered episodes here and there...