Platformer Games

My wife and I LOVE playing platformer games together. I've done quite a bit of research, and when i try new ones that I see recommended, they are sometimes hit or miss. Rayman Legends is the gold standard to us, and from research, we also ran across puppeteer, which is amazing. However, alot of other ones we've tried are either "too puzzle, not enough action", don't have the collectibles, etc.. One thing we love is being able to beat each world, then having to go back to get all the coins, or all the heads (puppeteer), or all the souls, etc...

Anyone have a good recommendation for another platformer (PS4) that would be similar to puppeteer or Rayman Legends in these regards? Currently trying one called "the cave", but it seems more puzzle than action. which is ok, but no our favorite.

Thanks!

Super Meat Boy comes out on PS4 next week. Tearway is somewhat of a platformer but more adventure like. Other then that not much really on the platformer front for PS4 until Ratchet and Clank next year.

But if you're that into platformers I would just recommend a Wii U. Between Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Super Mario 3D World, New Super Mario Bros U, Mario Maker, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse and the Virtual Console it's pretty much the definitive platformer machine on the market.

Thanks Tech...unfortunately a new console isn't an option right now, but I will keep that in mind for the future!

Donkey kong tropical freeze is just the most fantastic platformer I've played in years and with rayman being such a high watermark that's saying a lot.

Trine and the sequel, Trine 2, come to mind.

If you haven't already, you should definitely, definitely play Ori and the Blind Forest. It's a marvellous game - fast-paced, but deep and intelligent. It also has an enchanting visual style and a beautiful soundtrack. A true gem that really upholds all the lasting values of gaming that today are neglected so often in favor of eyewash and fluff.

Shovel Knight is a good platformed. It play like a classic NES but with some added feature so it doesn't feel too outdated.

Deleted
    i would also say Wii U is the way to go. a fantastic exp for us. i dunno about the ps version but you can use the gamepad to play as the fairy thing in rayman..

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    If you haven't already, you should definitely, definitely play Ori and the Blind Forest. It's a marvellous game - fast-paced, but deep and intelligent. It also has an enchanting visual style and a beautiful soundtrack. A true gem that really upholds all the lasting values of gaming that today are neglected so often in favor of eyewash and fluff.
    Was going to say this - Couldn't recommend a platformer higher than this one (and i'm an avid fan of the genre).

If you love platformers this game is absolutely a must play (Hell, i'd say give it a go even if you generally don't like this type of game).
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2015-09-30 at 10:15 PM.

Thomas Was Alone. Single player. Story driven. Simple. Short game. I enjoyed it.

Started playing ori and the blind forest. What a beautiful and well crafted game!