Poll: Are you afraid of a BIG change in gameplay?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

No BIG gameplay changes since WotlK

Wrath of the Lich King was the expansion when Blizzard decided to try make ALL Spec's and Talent Trees viable for every class.
    Huge revamps and changes in gameplay were in order and every class suffered BIG changes for better.
    Subpar specializations and underpowered talent trees became viable (retribution paladins changed from one of the worse specs to one of the best in the whole game)

Since then we have only seen aditions of ONE new spell, maybe TWO for each expansion. The whole gameplay remains the same for over 5 years.

Nowadays we reached a balance and it seems Blizzard is afraid to mess with said balance.

What do you guys think? There should be a massive gameplay change in future expansions or things are better to remain the same?
    (one new spell maybe two each expansion)
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2015-10-07 at 08:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? In Cata they redid most classes (DK's completely rewritten). In MoP they redid talent trees. In WoD they squished everyone and revamped abilities and most of the stats on gear.

Not to mention Warlocks were more or less completely changed with MoP, and the massive changes to every tanking class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    Not to mention Warlocks were more or less completely changed with MoP, and the massive changes to every tanking class.
    Yeah tanking has evolved multiple times due to both class and gear changes. Vengeance threat mechanics, then AM on all classes and dropping of def.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    What? In Cata they redid most classes (DK's completely rewritten). In MoP they redid talent trees. In WoD they squished everyone and revamped abilities and most of the stats on gear.
    A lot of old talents were incorporated in the new talents of MOP.
    Overall the gameplay and rotations of DPS remains the same since then.

Has a rogue i have been doing the same rotation since WotlK. Dont know if it changed that much for other classes.

There has never been a "omg this class feels new to me" kind of feel since then.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2015-10-07 at 04:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mastery, holy power, shadow orbs, reworked totems, soul shards, eclipse bar, new abilities (multiple) to every single specialization, completely reworked talent tree system. All this hasn't happend since Wrath?

Oh yeah, and tanking has stayed the same right... right?

I think you're specifically referring to the lack of game play changes in WoD.
    <Entropy>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    A lot of old talents were incorporated in the new talents of MOP.
    Overall the gameplay and rotations of DPS remaines the same since then.

Has a rogue i have been doing the same rotation since WotlK. Dont know if it changed that much for other classes.
    You're just basing it on your class, which isn't really going to be accurate. It's true that rogues haven't changed as much as some classes.

Deleted
    Nowadays we reached a balance
    lol?
    I don't think we're playing the same game.

Every expac has changed gameplay drastically - these days even their goddamn hotfixes mid-tier change gameplay :-(
    The 180-design thing they have going on is very, very tiresome.
    Wish they'd stop messing with the systems, I'm sick and tired of going from "godmode" to "sorry no raidspot for you" every other tier (Hi fellow Guardians).

Quote Originally Posted by xxxDkDkxxx View Post
    lol?
    I don't think we're playing the same game.

Every expac has changed gameplay drastically - these days even their goddamn hotfixes mid-tier change gameplay :-(
    The 180-design thing they have going on is very, very tiresome.
    Wish they'd stop messing with the systems, I'm sick and tired of going from "godmode" to "sorry no raidspot for you" every other tier (Hi fellow Guardians).
    And you are saying Wrath/Cata was balanced? BM Hunters, Frost Mages, Sublety Rogues, Arms Warriors were never even close to viable in PvE.

Think they implement too much change. Sure it keeps the game fresh but at the same time if you remove elements of things that people enjoy and they start to dislike/hate it, you're stuck with it or re-rolling until hopefully the next xpac -- since they refuse to acknowledge any mistakes in between and throw in the tandem "WE didn't like how xxx was working..so we are changing it."

That's not even what bothers me though, tbh. It's the fact they try to implement a change and when it goes live -- if they notice people are enjoying too much, they nerf it or remove it and force people into other facets that they may not enjoy.

i knew that OP played a rog. but saying that rogs are the same as they are in wotlk shows you dont know what youre talking about imo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    i knew that OP played a rog. but saying that rogs are the same as they are in wotlk shows you dont know what youre talking about imo
    Oh no my kind sir, you didnt just go there.
    If you are implying the rogue rotation is different since WotlK you are very much mistaken.
    Please feel free to enlighten me

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    OP must not have actually launched WoW since 2009, or must have only ever played a combat rogue.

If you are implying the rogue rotation is different since WotlK you are very much mistaken.
    Did I call it or what? And combat's the only one.

Legion is redoing specs so calm down
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath of the Lich King was the expansion when Blizzard decided to make ALL Spec's and Talent Trees viable for every class.
    I imagine there would be a lot of disagreement with this.

My impression is that they can't resist fiddling with classes and specs nearly every expansion. It's not something I really like. A great deal of class flavor has just gone missing over the last few years due to their need to constantly mess with specs and classes.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

If Blizzard had stopped dicking around so much and revamping and change things during 3.2. That's when they should've said. "There! All the classes are fun to play, talent trees is in a nice place, the catch up machanics are good, the raid system is pretty much perfect. Let's not do anything drastically to any systems now."
    But noooo, they added LFD, removed threat, threw the talent trees in the shitter, added LFR, added ten more raid difficulties, and generally didn't to do anything to improve the game.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

10+ Year Old Account
    This poll looks a bit in favor a change to me...

I hope that they have just given up on WoD and work their asses off trying to succeed in Legion, I don't know how since I don't claim to think what's best for the game but personally I'd like to see more options regarding talents. At least as a rogue. (It has come to my mind that many classes have no choice in talents if they want to progress, while this is OK since there will always be one better than the other, diversity is still nice, like "Talent 3 is better on boss X than talent 2" instead of just the same throughout the raid).
    im cool pls respodn

10+ Year Old Account
    A hunter's role completely changed when Mop launched. What you're saying isn't true at all.

What a loaded poll. I'm afraid of a revamp, who's going to pick that option.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    OP must not have actually launched WoW since 2009, or must have only ever played a combat rogue.

Did I call it or what? And combat's the only one.
    Assassination Combat Subtlety

I played it all. You are free to proove me wrong.
    "Rogue gameplay is the same since WotlK." It is in fact simpler (less spells than before)

But rogue is probably an extreme. I can imagine other classes have changed in the past 5 years
    Never suffured a huge revamp like in WotlK though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assassination Combat Subtlety

I played it all. You are free to proove me wrong.
    "Rogue gameplay is the same since WotlK." It is in fact simpler (less spells than before)

But rogue is probably an extreme. I can imagine other classes have changed in the past 5 years
    Never suffured a huge revamp like in WotlK though.
    Warlocks are the other extreme. We change every expansion. And we're gonna change the next one too. I remember logging into to MoP and wondering where the hell all my DoTs went to (To a lesser extent in cata as well). My Demo lock has 2.