Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Crithto's Farewell

Sad to know he's going away. Is he joining riot as well?
    My name is what makes me so manly.

I also cried when a Marketing manager for my company left for a competitor because they offered him more money.

Wait... What?

I really want to know what's going on at Blizzard... There's no way it's a coincidence so many well known members of the company are leaving one after another, especially in the current state of WoW. We've lost Ghostcrawler, Rob Pardo, Bashiok, Paul Sams, and now Crithto.... Although there was a bit of a pause between Ghostcrawler and the next one, it was still pretty close...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's sad that blizzard has lost several CMs and Devs over the last few months, but I feel like blizz is at the stage of expanding their workforce that some of the older members can either find a better place, or they simply don't enjoy what they are doing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    It's sad that blizzard has lost several CMs and Devs over the last few months, but I feel like blizz is at the stage of expanding their workforce that some of the older members can either find a better place, or they simply don't enjoy what they are doing anymore.
    With how toxic the wow community has been to anyone from blizzard saying anything publicly i'm surprised more CM's haven't quit to be honest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    I really want to know what's going on at Blizzard...
    Old people leaving to pursure new opporturnities, because there's not enough career steps in Blizzard's org (and all the steps above are taken).
    Just like in any other company of that size.

It happens all the time in companies...people get,bored,restless,want more money,life change etc.
    The reason a lot of people stay is sometimes "for their friends" some noble greater cause thinking.
    When one or more of those people leave,the ones you made magic with so many times, making it work with new people is a daunting task...some just take it as time to move one to new things.
    Also when you "hit the ceiling"..no more upward mobility in a place...you can stay OR leave for new places.

Kind of how it works all round this funny little world

Pick one or a few....or add your own!

Conspiracy theories excluded

OR....

They are all leaving and going to Temp places to work until all the main players are gone from blizz....then they will make a mega design company named"In From the Cold" then dominate the industry with amazing games of wonder like we have never seen before.
    Until they all get bored again.
    Last edited by enragedgorilla; 2015-10-07 at 05:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let the conspiracy theories begin!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    With how toxic the wow community has been to anyone from blizzard saying anything publicly i'm surprised more CM's haven't quit to be honest.
    This is very true, I'd imagine it could be pretty depressing spending all day reading all these negative posts, and people calling you an idiot or whatever all day since you work for blizz. I haven't ever really seen someone actually call out a CM and insult them, but I'm sure that just dealing with all that negativity must be pretty brutal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quass View Post
    Let the conspiracy theories begin!
    *grabs popcorn*
    Conan! What is best in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZweiHandler View Post
    *grabs popcorn*
    You should've just asked Quass to pass some of his, he came ready with popcorn and 3D classes! For the INTENSE conspiracy theories!

This is very true, I'd imagine it could be pretty depressing spending all day reading all these negative posts, and people calling you an idiot or whatever all day since you work for blizz. I haven't ever really seen someone actually call out a CM and insult them, but I'm sure that just dealing with all that negativity must be pretty brutal.
    I've seen some odf the shit that gets posted on their twitter before they delete it, its pretty insane.

They are public faces of the company, anything wrong gets thrown at them like it was their job to do it, when all they do is community relations.

Deleted
    I've seen some odf the shit that gets posted on their twitter before they delete it, its pretty insane.

They are public faces of the company, anything wrong gets thrown at them like it was their job to do it, when all they do is community relations.
    Not everyone can be a PR person. You should not underestimate what you're up against.
    Honestly, if you can't stomach criticism (yes even death threats), you don't belong there.

7+ Year Old Account
    You should've just asked Quass to pass some of his, he came ready with popcorn and 3D classes! For the INTENSE conspiracy theories!
    I noticed that right after I replied.

I mean my theory is these guys have created a monster of a game for 10+ years and the new companies and MMO's coming out want to be the next best thing. So why not higher the guys from the most successful.

I don't think anyone would turn down that type of offer....

Or, its aliens....
    Conan! What is best in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

All these Blizzard employees are so sad to leave. Stockholm syndrome alive and well.

10+ Year Old Account

I feel like the Blizz devs and CMs having a twitter account outside of work with their dev/CM name is kind of asking to get some targeted remarks. All their twitter accounts aren't supported by blizz, but yeah people do really go over the top on what they say on there. Anymore Twitter is just being used by angry people, in the gaming community, to vent out of those they are angry at it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Not everyone can be a PR person. You should not underestimate what you're up against.
    Honestly, if you can't stomach criticism (yes even death threats), you don't belong there.
    The fact that you think dealing with death threats is normal for a PR person makes me thing you are insane.

Quote Originally Posted by ZweiHandler View Post
    I noticed that right after I replied.

I mean my theory is these guys have created a monster of a game for 10+ years and the new companies and MMO's coming out want to be the next best thing. So why not higher the guys from the most successful.

I don't think anyone would turn down that type of offer....

Or, its aliens....
    But it's like, what does blizzard pay them for a lesser company to offer them MORE?
    My name is what makes me so manly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beat me to it.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that you think dealing with death threats is normal for a PR person makes me thing you are insane.
    A lot of CEOs and PR people for large companies get death threats often simply because they do something a person doesn't agree with. Not saying it's okay for that to happen, but it's kind of a common thing now with the internet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    is there any proof of this?
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/389577-what-a-long-amazing-trip-its-been/

Don't cry Bjoramier, it'll be okay, we will all miss the Pugman!