Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Any SV Sad Hunters?

As some one who has really enjoyed SV for so long I am sad about it going melee ... Wouldn't have been much of an issue but as it stands I don't enjoy MM or BM ... Don't get me wrong I really like the idea of BM but don't like how Blizzard translated it to live and would like to see it ability-pruned ... I'd like to see BM turned into a pet-centric DoT and control ranged build rather than a CD based burst DoT-free build..

I'd like to see MM be the DoT-Free heavy burst-CD-Based build with Aim-shout requiring setup and hitting like a 10 ton truck...

BM to function on DoT's and heavy control...

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    As some one who has really enjoyed SV for so long I am sad about it going melee ... Wouldn't have been much of an issue but as it stands I don't enjoy MM or BM ... Don't get me wrong I really like the idea of BM but don't like how Blizzard translated it to live and would like to see it ability-pruned ... I'd like to see BM turned into a pet-centric DoT and control ranged build rather than a CD based burst DoT-free build..

I'd like to see MM be the DoT-Free heavy burst-CD-Based build with Aim-shout requiring setup and hitting like a 10 ton truck...

IDK if you saw but theres plenty of whiny posts like yours already dont need another one.

I'm welcoming this change. Sure SV was a cool spec and had some interesting abilities but who cares? We've complained about all specs feeling the same for so many years now. There were times when our specs felt pretty different but overall there have been way to many threads about hunter specs feeling the same. Blizz is now finally changing it, and if you're the type of person that gets bored of a certain dps style like ranged, you dont have to reroll you can just play survival now. For example, if I got bored of being a ranged, I'd normally just roll my alt warrior to change it up but with this change i'll just be rolling surv instead. Can't wait for it.

We also have no idea how any of the specs will play at this point so why even worry about it now? We will have plenty of time for complaining once we get to play the specs.

Sure many people will make some snide comment, but yeah I'm going to miss Survival. I've enjoyed it through the years. Played Survival since Day 1 of being a hunter in Vanilla, mainly for the buff it provided to the raid group. Loved it when they changed it to what it is roughly now and will miss it when they go to melee.

Who knows, maybe it'll be better than the Vanilla version, but at this point I have a ton of other melee I can play instead and like my hunter for being ranged.

They'll probably change BM and MM a lot as well, so the changes may even make you like those specs somewhat more. Maybe Blizzard even lets some talents make one of those specs feel more like old Survival.

Don't complain too much until there's more light shed, on the new and improved SV.

Having BM focused around DoT's sounds terrible, imagine the micro management needed to play the spec optimal in a 1+ target fight. Does the connection between DoT's and pets make sense to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    They'll probably change BM and MM a lot as well, so the changes may even make you like those specs somewhat more. Maybe Blizzard even lets some talents make one of those specs feel more like old Survival.
    This is really the only way I main hunter in Legion. I play hunter for ranged DPS and mostly I have played SV. If I want to melee I have a rogue, a DK and, if I wanted to spec feral, a druid - not to mention there will be Demon Hunters that can start at a high level. There's zero reason for me to play hunter melee.

For people who don't have high level melee characters, yeah, maybe this will be a good thing. To me, it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    This is really the only way I main hunter in Legion. I play hunter for ranged DPS and mostly I have played SV. If I want to melee I have a rogue, a DK and, if I wanted to spec feral, a druid - not to mention there will be Demon Hunters that can start at a high level. There's zero reason for me to play hunter melee.

For people who don't have high level melee characters, yeah, maybe this will be a good thing. To me, it's not.
    I think it'll be fun. This is the first time I've ever felt compelled to really play two Hunter specs. Always loves MM, tried the other two and never felt like they were different enough to switch. I'll probably play MM/Surv, with Surv mostly for fun, but also for when the raid needs melee (something that happens often in my core group).

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Sure many people will make some snide comment, but yeah I'm going to miss Survival. I've enjoyed it through the years. Played Survival since Day 1 of being a hunter in Vanilla, mainly for the buff it provided to the raid group. Loved it when they changed it to what it is roughly now and will miss it when they go to melee.

Who knows, maybe it'll be better than the Vanilla version, but at this point I have a ton of other melee I can play instead and like my hunter for being ranged.
    Which raidbuff are you talking about? pretty sure survival didn't have expose weakness until the burning crusade prepatch came out (it was modeled after the dragonstalker set bonus)

Quote Originally Posted by Derian View Post
    Which raidbuff are you talking about? pretty sure survival didn't have expose weakness until the burning crusade prepatch came out (it was modeled after the dragonstalker set bonus)
    I don't recall the exact name, but it was where the hunter would shoot and it would put a debuff up on the target that increased the amount of damage by a % of the agility of that hunter or similar. If you had more than 1 Survival hunter it would overwrite each other's. It might've been during one of the Vanilla patches as I was using it in Molten Core / Blackwing / Zul'Gurub before AQ / Naxx came out.

I tried looking for names but look like most calculators are showing talents near the start of BC.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly im excited
    Loved the idea of Being a rexxar hunter up in the flurry with my pet
    I also love the fact that they are diversifying the specs

Reminds me of the change to Blood DKs, making them Tank only. As a Blood DPS at the time, I recall being unhappy with the announcement.

Half a decade later and I can honestly say it was for the best. Only time will tell if the same is true here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicer View Post
    Reminds me of the change to Blood DKs, making them Tank only. As a Blood DPS at the time, I recall being unhappy with the announcement.

Half a decade later and I can honestly say it was for the best. Only time will tell if the same is true here.
    Why did you have to remind me of the sadness of losing DW Frost Tanking :P

Figured the first response would be a useless remark and some over used meme, but personally I don't see BM becoming my main spec (Unless some major changes being made to BM to lessen the KC as it's heavy hitter) I never really like MM but could stand it if as a replacement for SV if it still had it's pet (not like it but stand it at least) for the most part I've written off Legion entirety and already cleared the WOW install off my gamer's PC HD (I really don't have much hope in blizzards current class design skills to come though) It will be a bit strange I've played WOW in every expansion (started about a month after launch) so it's a bit of a bummer.

I don't really understand why anyone who played SV couldn't also just play MM. Essentially, it's the same friggin' thing. That's exactly the problem of that class right now. Taking one of those specs and making it into something completely different is absolutely the right decision. Don't understand the whining. WoW players often are so goddamn anal about everything.

Im sad, I love surv, but change it so ill live and roll with it. Im hoping for two things for Legion;

The removal of MM mastery

Surv staying somewhat range; though melee based, more hybrid like unholy dk playstyle vs warrior.

I'm actually excited for this change. Sure, I'll miss survival, but if you take a look at it, theres barely anything seperating the playstyle from MM. It's mastery is boring and its cooldowns are lacking. It needs a change.

I'm sure they'll incorporate some of SV's ranged stuff into MM anyway, and really make SV unique. It's really not something to be upset over, rather its moving in the right direction.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's a shame, as I really enjoyed playing SV on my hunter alt. I will try the other two specs to see if they are any fun, but I can't imagine I'll play melee SV as I already play an enhancement shaman as my main. Legion may yet be the first expansion where I bench my hunter and replace it with another ranged class, probably mage.