Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

[Leak] Legion Secret Feature

Legion,

It's going to be pretty epic, I got wind from a friend at blizzard that the following is the secret feature:

- A Guild Hall Type Area

He couldn't say much, but this is one of the most long awaited hyped features out there. They are to coincide
    with Order Halls, and exploration inside of Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 'leak' threads are starting early then

Great name. I give you that mate....

But sadly, my friend which is the CeO of Blizzard said your friend is wrong...

Oh, and my friend is stronger than yours.

Madness will consume you!!!

I'm not going to give you any credit for a big scoop yet MrOnePost, but if true, a Guild hall will be great.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

Oh the titans, the Forums are leaking again.

Deleted
    You gotta take a leak on a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    They started before Legion was announced and were...interesting...
    Think he meant the pre-blizzcon leak threads that suddenly sprout up the day before.

Such a secret that Victoria Secret doesn't even know

7+ Year Old Account
    If it's true, then it's cheezy....Didn't GW2 just release the feature called guild halls in their new expansion? Blizz needs to come up with some unique ideas instead of shoplifting everyone elses if this is true.

Or it's Adventure Mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekz View Post
    If it's true, then it's cheezy....Didn't GW2 just release the feature called guild halls in their new expansion? Blizz needs to come up with some unique ideas instead of shoplifting everyone elses if this is true.
    Blizzard doesn't really do many new ideas; more often they take a preexisting idea and make it work how they like it.

Transmogrification was existent in any number of other MMOs, the follower system and missions could be said to come from SWTOR's companion system, the WoW token could be seen as a modification of Wildstar's CREDD, the PvP prestige system coming with Legion existed in some form in Rift for ages, the garrison isn't unlike SWTOR's personal ships (though more customizable, but I can't call either of them housing), and if we entertain the possibility the OP isn't just as bored as the rest of us and actually knows something, Tera has its own guild halls just as you stated for Guild Wars.

I've probably missed some and could likely extend this to other Blizzard IPs, but the point gets across; most gameplay features Blizzard add in are less them coming up with something new and more them making things around the market work in their games.

Disappointing if true.

What is a "guild hall", other than a room you can stand in? What purpose does it serve?
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2015-11-05 at 12:16 AM.

I know it's a bs leak, but man would I love guild halls

So instead of running shitty chores in your own garrison you get to run shitty chores for the guild in a social environment that will help you bond with your fellow guildies and make the GM a rich motherfucker, as if the current design wasn't.

I've never understood why people want guild halls so much. Maybe they're all in RP guilds or something?

If this leak is true, (grain of salt taken of course), then this could be exactly what I had said they should do.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    "Guild Housing" or "Guild Garrison" would help some. Bringing back the perk/leveling system might be annoying for people who already did that like someone said, but implemented in a slightly altered way might work. Imagine the garrisons from WoD, but the entire guild has access to it. Guildmaster can control buildings that are created for use by the guild members. I could see it being pretty damn fun to be honest.
    and

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    The way I see it, and just brainstorming here... WoD had a garrison that leveled up and changed over time. Lvl 1 was small and basic. Lvl 2 added more space and buildings. Lvl 3 added even more. A Guild Garrison could work the same way. WoD garrisons have everything a person could need from a basic city, but you can't have everything of course due to lack of space/plots. They even have the "Hero's Call Board". A GL could use that for communicating with the guild members. Hell, even create a vote system for voting on what buildings are built. Members don't want an herb garden because they can easily go pick herbs on their own? Ok sweet. Members hevaily vote for an Enchanting Shack so they can DE shit? Hell yeah, go for it. Does this give a GL a lot of power? Yeah, I guess it does. But maybe some system could be put into place to avoid issues. And someone else mentioned "Mass Summon"? Yeah that was pretty damn nice. But who's to say you can't have guild members turn in some items or collect resources and build a Mage Tower complete with a portal leading just outside of the raid zones? Same effect. And since everyone is leaving from "most likely" the same area (the guild garrison), Noone has any excuse to not be repaired, fooded, flasked, and all of that jazz. You could do a lot with the system in theory. I'd enjoy it a lot.
    From this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...eant-again-How

If it truly IS guild halls, I wonder if it's anything like this. Although I'm still leaning toward the "Adventure Mode" theory.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's adventure mode. But I am not saying no to guild housing. That would fit with the theme of players raising their own army.
    Protect the weak. Punish the wicked.
    If you have something bad to say about Blizz, come at me bro.

Except the feature is adventure mode you brain damaged cuckold poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

7+ Year Old Account
    My uncles half sons fucking dog told me that The new feature is this
    No joke

The new feature is a boob slider!

what else could get a bunch of gamers excited!