Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    It always does, because that's what it is: a symbol of racism and treason.

Plus some other stuff according to you guys.

- - - Updated - - -

That I agree with.
    And that is all I said till 2 guys saying these 6 guys were "the good guys" and are not thugs but vigilantes.
    Which is bullshit.
    Because in their reasoning I can hunt down every guy that still uses the swastika symbol and beat them to an inch of their live because something that happened to my grand parents and get away with it because it would make me a "good guy".

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Criticize it all you like. You never have the right to attack someone over a flag. THAT should be the issue you have, not some redneck's views that you keep agreeing are marginalized anyways. Being so disdained by mainstream society and so marginalized, you'd think there'd be less impetus to attack them over a less and less potent flag. If anything they need special protection.
    Why is this so hard to understand? Noone has said the attackers are right in their use of violence, all we are saying is if you represent the flag, chances are someone will most likely harass you. If you put a sticker on your car that says "Fuck Twinkies", don't be surprised if a 400 lb man swings at you. The fat man has no right to attack you and is a dangerous thug, but some people take shit seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyclone View Post
    Sure it does, water is the enabler of transporation for slavery which can be considered racist. And we succeded from England, partially due to the existance of a large body of water. /sarcasmoff

The confederate flag stands for treason and southern pride, not saying that it is a good thing, but the majority of people who carry it, follow that belief. Who gives a fuck what you believe, they are carrying the flag for that reason. So when you ask why are they carrying the flag. That would be their answer. Not some affirmation to your preconceived notion.

Lastly, yes, there are racists who carry it. There are racists who carry the american flag as well. There are also racists who carry the Miami Dolphins flag (Why in gods name would they do this, hell if I know)...
    The difference is, once again, those things do stand for other things.

This symbol? Always stands for racism and treason. You could also be a racist or a turtle.

The Dolphins flag stands for being a fan of the Dolphins. You could also be a racist or a turtle.

I can make a youtube video with a white board and some images if it would help.
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; 2015-11-05 at 05:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Criz View Post
    2 white men beaten for having "Racist" bumper sticker ---- the 2 men should not have had the bumper sticker.

Minority beaten for ANY reason ---- the racist bastards that beat them should be executed.

Woman raped while wearing revealing clothing ------ ??????

Logic I guess I don't get it.
    It's called hypocrisy and double standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Criz View Post
    2 white men beaten for having "Racist" bumper sticker ---- the 2 men should not have had the bumper sticker.

Minority beaten for ANY reason ---- the racist bastards that beat them should be executed.

Woman raped while wearing revealing clothing ------ ??????

Logic I guess I don't get it.

To me it seems that anyone committing a crime against anyone for any reason should not have the public's support and defense no matter the race / religion / sex / ect. Society is not going to hell, it is already there and not coming back.
    The people who scream the loudest about social justice and equality are the ones who most facilitate the destruction of it.

They're self centered spiteful individuals who human shield causes in order to have an iron clad defense for their hypocritical bullshit.

Burn a Bible = freedom of speech.
    Burn a Koran = hate crime.

These people have their opinions like anybody else but they believe anything they say or do to be justified even if it is the exact mirrors edge reflection of the very thing they're speaking against.

Somewhere along the way we lost the power to call hypocritical bullshit out for what it is.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    This is the product of encouraging violence in the name of "equality" or "justice" and the justification that people have to assault each other over political issues.

Like it or not that is the climate we're in right now and its only going to get worse.

See the man's comment in bold, next time he'll bring a gun.

Next time a pack of thugs might attack a man who already has his gun.

Next time it could be a shooting instead of a fist fight.

And over what?

A fucking sticker?

I think the people who created this flag hysteria have a duty to walk it back.

And yea, this is a hate crime and should be charged as such.

Hope the thugs are caught.
    Like it or not this is the climate we've been living in for 170 years. Ever hear of the Civil War? That was over politics. Jim Crow laws, lynchings, black on white violence in response. This has been happening for a very long time.

I for one think we should be working to eradicate the symbol of hatred. Remember that prior to WWII the swastika was used as a symbol for luck and happiness. The Confederate flag (people call it the rebel flag to separate it from what it was used for) has always been a symbol of slavery, but people use it as a means to say "fight for what you believe in." There are two flags better for that -

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...n_flag.svg.png

http://www.usaflagsupply.com/media/c...i/file_3_3.jpg

Both were the original "fuck off Brits" flags.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Why is this so hard to understand? Noone has said the attackers are right in their use of violence, all we are saying is if you represent the flag, chances are someone will most likely harass you. If you put a sticker on your car that says "Fuck Twinkies", don't be surprised if a 400 lb man swings at you. The fat man has no right to attack you and is a dangerous thug, but some people take shit seriously.
    Not explicitly. Again, it's like rape victim-blaming. "You shouldnt have worn that dress" is their main focus. And their denunciation of the attacker is always brief and hollow - "Im not blaming her, but..."

Saying someone will likely harass you is pointless, you need to address the cause of the harassment in order to prevent more of it from happening. Like addressing rape culture. All I'm saying is that person should feel free to present that flag without fear of being attacked, and deserves special protection since they are a minority.

And wth? Has anyone ever been attacked because they put a sticker on their car about twinkies? I would be surprised if that happened, but I do live in what is now rated as the most free country in the world. How's the US doing in that regard?
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2015-11-05 at 06:07 PM.

The difference is, once again, those things do stand for other things.

This symbol? Always stands for racism and treason. You could also be a racist or a turtle.

The Dolphins flag stands for being a fan of the Dolphins. You could also be a racist or a turtle.

I can make a youtube video with a white board and some images if it would help.
    Actually this argument is quite ridiculous because until the KKK, and honestly the Civil Rights movement, the flag in question was used to simply identify where ones unit was....It could have been a dick on a flag....but then that would be racist today because it was used by a particular civil war unit.

I guess all flags from the south in the civil war are just plain out racist then.
    Last edited by Titan2k10; 2015-11-05 at 06:05 PM.

They decided they didn't like the United States of America and championed the defunct Confederate States of America. Then they go whining about the Bill of Rights? As far as I'm concerned, the traitors waived those rights the moment they decided to betray. I don't feel any sympathy whatsoever.
    They're still American citizens with American rights under the constitution and are protected under them just as much as people who burn the American flag.

I think they're idiots too, but that doesn't change their rights and the fact that they were essentially assaulted for expressing themselves in the form of a bumper sticker.

The authoritarian Left in this thread are far and away scarier than the authoritarian Right has been in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan2k10 View Post
    Actually this argument is quite ridiculous because until the KKK, and honestly the Civil Rights movement, the flag in question was used to simply identify where ones unit was....It could have been a dick on a flag....but then that would be racist today because it was used by a particular civil war unit.

I guess all flags from the south in the civil war are just plain out racist then.
    So...yes to the video?

Quote Originally Posted by GG you got me View Post
    The authoritarian Left in this thread are far and away scarier than the authoritarian Right has been in a long time.
    That is why I am a fan of a Sith Lord-like plan, where we systematically apply a few standard deviations to gather the balanced together. And remove the remnants from society.

Extremists all around the world need to be removed before they destroy our world. We don't have enough rings left to summon Captain Planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Umm... if you really believe "if you represent the flag, chances are someone will most likely harass you" then you should be taking a stand against the people that assault and harass them perhaps?

Like I said, liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins View Post
    The hate that black people have for white people is far greater than the reverse... they may not have a symbol they can stick to their cars, but it is there.

This sticker/flag shit is just a convenient excuse for them to act out this hate.
    W-we don't all hate you

In a lot of cases this is all that it boils down to, though. You're not wrong.

So...yes to the video?
    Haven't watched the video I am just replying to your silly comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan2k10 View Post
    Haven't watched the video I am just replying to your silly comment.
    Apparently you didn't even read my comment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Umm... if you really believe "if you represent the flag, chances are someone will most likely harass you" then you should be taking a stand against the people that assault and harass them perhaps?

Like I said, liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds.
    Remember that as much as these gentlemen had the right to put their flag on their vehicle the men that took offense have as much right to complain about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Remember that as much as these gentlemen had the right to put their flag on their vehicle the men that took offense have as much right to complain about it.
    Minus the violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Minus the violence.
    Agreed....

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post

Alot of people see that flag and only think of racism. What I said is factual, it's not my fault you are being harassed/assaulted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.