Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Frost 4 pc W/O class trinket

I just got my 4 pc yesterday finally I'm wondering if I should build my FoF up to 4 and just blow them all, or would the rotation of weaving frost bolt still be the better choice. (current trinkets heroic Gaze, normal PoF). I also have logs that I'd love to have looked at for help improving because i feel i should have much higher DPS. However I can not post links yet. Also I unfortunately only have heroic Iskar logged with the 4 pc because Gorefiend dropped my pants (on a bonus roll). Should have some more tonight depending how far we/I get.

I'd post my armory, but again I can not. If your ambitious enough to look, it Yodawan on Zul'jin US.

Thank you

Deleted
    There is no reason to weave without the trinket.

Just shoot the lances as they come. The real strength of the 4p is felt with the class trinket, but even so, 2.5 times longer water jet is superb too. Dunno if it's optimal, but I guess during water jet you should always try to get 4 FoFs and then weave any remaining duration of the jet. Once the jet is over, just use the 4 lances.

Yea that's pretty much what I thinking build up 4 FoF>weave until WJ ends> burn the FoFs and by then WJ will be close to coming off CD.

Deleted
    Yes. I took your question more simplistically since you didn't mention if it's during water jet. Since you meant what to do after you're already capped during water jet, weave, if water jet is up barring situational exceptions.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't want to build 4 FoF before you start weaving as that means you potentially lose procs. At the very latest, start at 3.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    You don't want to build 4 FoF before you start weaving as that means you potentially lose procs. At the very latest, start at 3.

On 4XFoF the Ice Lance goes off before the frostbolt hits because frostbolt has a travel time while the cast of Ice Lance itself doesn't have a delay.

Deleted
    Yeah and if FB procs a FoF itself or another BF you start to munch.
    Allways start to weave atleast at 3 stacks. If u want to get sure you can cast 2 FBs follow each other near the end of WJ to get up to 4 FoF.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Just shoot the lances as they come. The real strength of the 4p is felt with the class trinket, but even so, 2.5 times longer water jet is superb too. Dunno if it's optimal, but I guess during water jet you should always try to get 4 FoFs and then weave any remaining duration of the jet. Once the jet is over, just use the 4 lances.
    Dont build 4 and then start weaving. Ur frostbolt can also proc an FoF which means when u have waterjet and 4 FoF procs and your frostbolt procs a nee FoF u will lose one proc. Just try keeping them at 3 so u have room and wont lose proc.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    On 4XFoF the Ice Lance goes off before the frostbolt hits because frostbolt has a travel time while the cast of Ice Lance itself doesn't have a delay.
    the travel time of the frostbolt is irrelevant, since fof procs on frostbolt cast, not on frostbolt spell impact - the ice lance cast after frostbolt hits the target first, but the proc is still wasted since you gain the proc before you cast the ice lance in the first place

back when the frostbite proc root talent was tied to fingers of frost activating, you had 1 second or so of prewarning before your frostbolt rooted a target, since you would get the fof proc before the spell hit the target and procced the root
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2015-11-05 at 07:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    the travel time of the frostbolt is irrelevant, since fof procs on frostbolt cast, not on frostbolt spell impact - the ice lance cast after frostbolt hits the target first, but the proc is still wasted since you gain the proc before you cast the ice lance in the first place

back when the frostbite proc root talent was tied to fingers of frost activating, you had 1 second or so of prewarning before your frostbolt rooted a target, since you would get the fof proc before the spell hit the target and procced the root
    Thats right for FoF procs directly from FB. But we are discussing FoF procs from WJ and they are gained when FB hits a target where WJ is channeled on. So its after the "flighttime"

He's saying it's the FB proc you potentially munch not the WJ one; making flight time irrelevant which is correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    We know that the Frostbolt that hits during Water Jet will proc Fingers of Frost. What I was implying, and I thought it was obvious, was that the Frostbolt cast itself can also proc Fingers of Frost. This means that you can get 2x Fingers of Frost from one Frostbolt cast when the Frostbolt hits a target which is currently affected by Water Jet.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

You don't have your trinket but you have 4P? You lucky, lucky, SoB you... I was the complete opposite for the longest time >_>;

OT: You don't need to weave, save, or not save your FoFs. Use them as you see fit. Once you get trinket, you have to weave and it blows balls. Praying that doesn't turn into a baseline mechanic because it's absolute shit.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Praying that doesn't turn into a baseline mechanic because it's absolute shit.

Absolutely. Also Prophecy of Fear. Why do people want those effects baseline?

Because they enjoy the fun part of it: When it perfectly lines up and you get those explosions.

(Incoming stupidity) Prophecy of Fear is like playing a Sonic game. There are those really really fun moments that are far and few between, but the majority of the time, it's just a broken mess.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Because it doesn't have to be a .7 ppm chance ability passive. They can always turn it into a smaller damage aoe effect per missile (since we don't really use AE currently).

Agree on frostweaving... bleh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NetflxNChill View Post
    it doesn't have to be a passive

That's a different thing. I'm talking about those talking generally and leaving it at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I like weaving. It wouldn't bother me if it became baseline though I think that's unlikely. I would not however be surprised if it was a talent choice for Legion. That would fit well into the design choice they say they want where base rotations are simple and talents add complexity or change them in different ways.

Deleted
    It can't be random. It wouldn't even be reliable. Some fights require to NOT dps in AOE.

- - - Updated - - -

Talent, maybe, not baseline though.