Page 1 of 493
... LastLast

Arms Legion Discussion

With all the information that surely will come within the foreseeable future it would be best to have all the relevant information going in a single thread, rather than in a thousand different ones. Let's make sure we keep as much of the discussion regarding the Arms specialization in this thread.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack.

Time for salt and popcorn. Seperate tho because toffee popcorn is the shit.

Going to leave this here - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/19288190389

Also, I don't expect to see anything in Blizzcon, to be perfectly honest. This thread might be completely useless for a month or two.

Also Sept release date? /wrists

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaljurei View Post
    Going to leave this here - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/19288190389

Also, I don't expect to see anything in Blizzcon, to be perfectly honest. This thread might be completely useless for a month or two.

Also Sept release date? /wrists
    Implying Blizzard will give us Strike instead of Heroic Strike after all the complaints from people who's names aren't exclusively Matt and Rossi in that order.

Gonna call BS on that one.

If they will make current 4p tier bonus a base line to arms there still might be a chance.

I'm more inclined to believe that they'll redo arms, once again, from the ground and up. I think they're smart enough to see when somethings a failure.
    In regard to the release date, the September date that can be seen on the Legion thingy on the front page is a deadline that they have to meat, not something that they're aiming for. If they take longer than that they'll be in a lot of trouble legally and PR wise. I'm still believing in a summer release.
    Also, I'm quite certain that there will be a playable Legion Alpha/Beta servers set up for the people who attend Blizzcon, meaning that if it's not only Demon Hunters that they let us test we'll be able to see what their plans are for all the other classes as well.
    My Stream

Honestly, anything done to arms will be an upgrade from here.

Unpopular opinion time; I actually like Colossus Smash being the kind-of 'centerpiece' to our rotation, I think thoughtful planning of rage spending suits the spec's theme. Although they seriously need to iterate on it further, cuz the current kit of Arms is not doing their idea justice at all.

Don't get me wrong, I take no issue with the CS play-style, in fact I've quite liked the way CS made warriors (both Fury and Arms (and prot when they could use it)) play, and it gave us an entire new thing we had to consider. CS is what brought the "golden age" of DPS warrior for me. The issue I take with Arms is more with the fact that with no gear we can only fill one global inside of CS, and with full gear we pray the the heavens and we may fill all globals, or just one if we're deemed unworthy by the divine spirit.
    My Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Exhil View Post
    Implying Blizzard will give us Strike instead of Heroic Strike after all the complaints from people who's names aren't exclusively Matt and Rossi in that order.

Gonna call BS on that one.
    I don't really care about Strike, but the new Precision system as well as Overpower coming back - OH YES! Will actually not only introduce some complexity into the spec, but also some nostalgic flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by CSINada View Post
    If they will make current 4p tier bonus a base line to arms there still might be a chance.
    Can we leave Fury as the maximum RNG spec please? Thanks. I'd rather Arms was more just traditionally linear.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    I'm more inclined to believe that they'll redo arms, once again, from the ground and up. I think they're smart enough to see when somethings a failure.
    In regard to the release date, the September date that can be seen on the Legion thingy on the front page is a deadline that they have to meat, not something that they're aiming for. If they take longer than that they'll be in a lot of trouble legally and PR wise. I'm still believing in a summer release.
    Also, I'm quite certain that there will be a playable Legion Alpha/Beta servers set up for the people who attend Blizzcon, meaning that if it's not only Demon Hunters that they let us test we'll be able to see what their plans are for all the other classes as well.
    I think, at the very best, Blizzcon will show a very vague outline for all of the spec revamps that they are planning, but no more than that. But yes, if the leak is true, this "precision" revamp sounds very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I take no issue with the CS play-style, in fact I've quite liked the way CS made warriors (both Fury and Arms (and prot when they could use it)) play, and it gave us an entire new thing we had to consider. CS is what brought the "golden age" of DPS warrior for me. The issue I take with Arms is more with the fact that with no gear we can only fill one global inside of CS, and with full gear we pray the the heavens and we may fill all globals, or just one if we're deemed unworthy by the divine spirit.
    Agreed 100%.

MoP Fury Warrior was one of the specs that was very well designed. So was Arms 4.3. However I have faith in this precision remake. If not that, then some kind of remake that is as far as away as possible from current Arms design is fine with me too. Time will tell.

Arms Warrior in MoP back, thank you!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19942707/
    Arms - Stromkar, the Warbreaker

This greatsword was borne into combat by the barbarian warlord who first united humanity under a single banner, founding the nation of Arathor. A master tactician and strategist, King Thoradin went on to play a critical role in ending the Troll Wars. Later the sword was lost while it was being used to subdue a C'Thraxxi monstrosity in a forgotten tomb beneath Tirisfal. Abandoned and all but forgotten, Stromkar has been slowly drinking from the shadowy power there over thousands of years.
    My Stream

Since it's still called Arms in the Artifact preview, while Combat for Rogues is referred to as "Outlaw," i think it's safe to say that "leak" is 100% BS.

not sure how I feel about it tbh

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, at least we know what the unknown evil under Tirisfal is now...

I'm a bit disappointed that the Arms artifact is explicitly a barbarian's sword. I already felt the Warrior DPS specs needed some serious differentiation, and treating both of them as barbarian themed isn't going to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    I'm a bit disappointed that the Arms artifact is explicitly a barbarian's sword. I already felt the Warrior DPS specs needed some serious differentiation, and treating both of them as barbarian themed isn't going to help.
    But Arms isn't Barbarian themed? Pretty sure Arms is slow, heavy 2 hander hits while Fury is fast dual wielding?

If anything, Titan's Grip was the source of homogenization between the 2 specs. Glad to see it go.

Though I agree that the Arms weapon would have been much cooler if it had been Broxigar's axe or something. All 3 Warrior Artifacts being swords is not very cool.

Deleted
    Not a single .... thing was given about Arms rework.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixistillixi View Post
    Not a single .... thing was given about Arms rework.
    Thought the same. If it's being revamped they must not be content with it enough to be given any foundation yet. If it's not being changed, they must know the rage is coming.