Page 1 of 203
... LastLast

[HOLY] Holy Sh*t!: Legion Edition

Fucking finally, no more holy power \o/

This is further reinforced by the addition of a row of Aura talents that provide a variety of localized beneficial effects.
    This will be really interesting.
    I love holy paladin and holy paladin culture.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leefa View Post
    Fucking finally, no more holy power \o/
    Wait that's what you post?

What about:

Mastery: Lightbringer

Proximity to your target causes your spells to heal for up to 30% (with Mastery from typical gear) more.

+

Beacon of the Lightbringer

Passive
    The maximum bonus from Mastery: Lightbringer is increased by 24%, and it now increases your healing based on the target's proximity to either you or your Beacon of Light, whichever is closer.

No more holy power makes me so happy for the spec.. though there are so many confusing things in the preview about holy. I mean are HPaladins considered melee now? Isn't the talent mandatory if they are not? what happens to Beacon of Faith? so many questions in my head after reading that.

Quote Originally Posted by Narsilon View Post

What about:

Proximity to your target causes your spells to heal for up to 30% (with Mastery from typical gear) more.

+

Passive
    The maximum bonus from Mastery: Lightbringer is increased by 24%, and it now increases your healing based on the target's proximity to either you or your Beacon of Light, whichever is closer.
    I already feel like a fat kid running around whenever I have to move and now I'm going to be a fat kid chasing a box of smarties.

What about:

+

Passive
    Seems strong but we have no idea what the other talents looks like. I like the LoD change the most.

The positioning thing sounds a bit messy, but if you can take a talent that makes it measure either from you or the beacon it could be pretty strong. That essentially covers ranged (close to you) and melee (close to the beacon).

I wonder if beacon of faith is sticking around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Virsta1 View Post
    Were joking about trying to change LoH right?
    Not at all, something that you use once per fight is just not fun. A 3min cd would be a lot more or just remove it.

What about:

+

Passive
    What is the point of the new mastery if it also works with range from beacon? You will always beacon a tank so he will have melee covered while you stand in range. So our new mastery is basically just a healing increase, that is "fine" but also very boring.

Seems strong but we have no idea what the other talents looks like. I like the LoD change the most.

Definitely. The only thing is I hope they fix the issues it had in Cata when on Spine that animation would randomly go upwards and and at weird angle.

Also interested to see what happens with lvl 45 talent row which was a culprit of many issues in the past - what happens to eternal flame?

The range thing also means mouseover healing friendly nameplates will be way more optimal compared to healing with raid frames... it's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Not at all, something that you use once per fight is just not fun. A 3min cd would be a lot more or just remove it.

What is the point of the new mastery if it also works with range from beacon? You will always beacon a tank so he will have melee covered while you stand in range. So our new mastery is basically just a healing increase, that is "fine" but also very boring.
    Maybe Beacon of the Lightbringer will share a talent tier with Beacon of Faith.
    Moving around for mastery sounds really clunky with our kit though.

The Sergeant Hammer of healing.

Deleted
    10 seconds cd on HS sounds disgusting :/

Deleted
    I'm really interested by our new spell

---

Light of the Martyr

2.5% Mana, 40 yd range, Instant
    Sacrifices a moderate amount of your own health to instantly heal an ally for a moderate amount.
    Cannot be cast on yourself.

---

Wonder if there will be any synergy with this and a beacon placed on ourselves, could be a viable option and switch the other beacon between the tanks (assuming we still have double beacon, maybe not)

Deleted
    The numbers i don't care about right now. But as good as it sounds having the mastery. I think it would also be very frustrating when you do get that boss fight and tactic where you can't stand near the melee.

But i'm very glad that absorb shields(mastery) and holy power are both gone. The numbers can be adjusted. But now that i think about it. Being free from the prison that is holy power i should not have made my previous post :P Like OMG! no more HoPo limitations. No more fixed damn rotation.

What about:

Proximity to your target causes your spells to heal for up to 30% (with Mastery from typical gear) more..
    We already knew about the mastery change from tweets during Blizzcon, so it's not exactly news.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Just remove it at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by twackycats View Post
    Maybe Beacon of the Lightbringer will share a talent tier with Beacon of Faith.
    Moving around for mastery sounds really clunky with our kit though.
    Agree, unless they give us an instant or two to make moving less painful. Running around to kick your mastery in sounds odd.

I will say this: no more holy power, and bringing back some auras to the toolkit - both are win I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Velv View Post
    Its not something we will spam anymore. Might actually heal for a decent amount now. Also LotM has no CD and is an instant cast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
    Also interested to see what happens with lvl 45 talent row which was a culprit of many issues in the past - what happens to eternal flame?
    Considering that holy power is gone I would asume that that EF is too, I would also asume that HR is gone considering LoD would basically do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Velv View Post
    Oh god... to be fair if we go by the wording it says "moderate healing" just like FoL and HL so it will probably do the same amount of healing as those spells.

Light of the Martyr together with bubble creates a pretty cool dynamic atleast for pvp and 5 mans. Critting may be an issue if you can crit on yourself but I doubt you will be able to do that.
    Last edited by mmocaa84e3d5fa; 2015-11-10 at 01:35 AM.