Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Link Sunstrider View Post

Thaat looks insane. How did you make it, or would you mind sharing it? I'd like to work with something like this in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by xdunpealx View Post
    Burning Legit! Love it.. it's fresh simple nice looking UI man/woman
    Thank you sir, fellow male Rogue-Graphic Designer here. That was my goal, to make it very Legion themed since the game story is heading there, along with the Blizz-like bulkiness and a very dynamic and simplistic look at the same time. Trust me, I've tinkered with WoW's UI for over 6 years now jejeje.

This would be my 4th full custom UI, my prior one was very Warlords oriented, lots of spikes, black-redish iron borders but I was using centered arc bars for me and the target and eventually felt cluttered all in the middle, this position setup is much more like what Blizz is doing with Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Thaat looks insane. How did you make it, or would you mind sharing it? I'd like to work with something like this in the future.
    Thanks sir! Well, is mostly Photoshop, some Illustrator too for the crystals and a few other parts but they were later Photoshoped too to achieve the right Blizz look. All the textures are .targa files with their respective alpha channel and the dimensions are a power of 2: 64x64, 128x512, 1024x512, 256x256... etc.

I've been following the Legion website for a bit now and there is all the graphic style I wanted for my UI, even stole a couple sprites for my minimap hehe.

Fresh new Legion inspired UI, frame positioning ideas from Diablo III for console
    and Heroes of the Storm, dynamic display of the elements.

Yay! Something not perfectpixel! Always nice to have more guys creating this kind of UIs around :3 Looks good!

Just my thoughts, you can ignore them, but I'd tweak/change button borders, they kinda lack details... Tooltip border looks a bit off, there's nothing rectangular with square corners in you UI besides tooltip, cropped corners would look nicer, IMHO.
    Last edited by ls-; 2015-11-20 at 06:07 AM. Reason: I need some coffee...

Fresh new Legion inspired UI, frame positioning ideas from Diablo III for console
    and Heroes of the Storm, dynamic display of the elements.

Id be interested to know how the offset/angled health bar is achieved when the UI is live (assuming its dynamic and fills/depletes at the same angle as a regular bar would). Without the need to delve too deeply into LUA coding or photoshop of course

Quote Originally Posted by Snichy View Post
    Id be interested to know how the offset/angled health bar is achieved when the UI is live (assuming its dynamic and fills/depletes at the same angle as a regular bar would). Without the need to delve too deeply into LUA coding or photoshop of course
    It would just be an image with the full health and then cut off to whatever percentage your health is. Really easy.

Thank you sir, fellow male Rogue-Graphic Designer here. That was my goal, to make it very Legion themed since the game story is heading there, along with the Blizz-like bulkiness and a very dynamic and simplistic look at the same time. Trust me, I've tinkered with WoW's UI for over 6 years now jejeje.

This would be my 4th full custom UI, my prior one was very Warlords oriented, lots of spikes, black-redish iron borders but I was using centered arc bars for me and the target and eventually felt cluttered all in the middle, this position setup is much more like what Blizz is doing with Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm.

Thanks sir! Well, is mostly Photoshop, some Illustrator too for the crystals and a few other parts but they were later Photoshoped too to achieve the right Blizz look. All the textures are .targa files with their respective alpha channel and the dimensions are a power of 2: 64x64, 128x512, 1024x512, 256x256... etc.

I've been following the Legion website for a bit now and there is all the graphic style I wanted for my UI, even stole a couple sprites for my minimap hehe.
    Super cool UI! What others have you worked on?

Deleted

Semi idle with some weakauras.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindriel View Post

Semi idle with some weakauras.
    would like to see bigger images, raid, groupe and combat SS plz, looks great!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mikkis2k View Post
    would like to see bigger images, raid, groupe and combat SS plz, looks great!
    Here: http://imgur.com/a/naOn7

Joined random pug just to get screenshots.
    Still needs some perfecting and goal is to change nameplates more to my liking. At the moment its just default tidyplates.

Still needs some perfecting and goal is to change nameplates more to my liking. At the moment its just default tidyplates.
    Is that mostly done with a UI package? You know, like for example there are LUI, ElvUI, oUF Karma, etc. .
    If not (actually, even if it is mostly a UI package), what addons are you using? For instance, those circular buttons for your action bars, your player/target frames, party/raid frames, what is that texture you're using for Skada, and what is the font in your chat?

Sorry if I'm too nosy =D

10+ Year Old Account

That's quite a nice looking take on the default UI style. My main suggestion is that the raid frames look out of place because everything else has a nice, clear border with gradient textures on the bars, and the raid frames are basically just green boxes. Giving the raid frames at least the same sort of textures as your unit frame health bars, if not also a border like on your unit frames, would give your UI a more cohesive look, IMO.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smothered Hope View Post
    Is that mostly done with a UI package? You know, like for example there are LUI, ElvUI, oUF Karma, etc. .
    If not (actually, even if it is mostly a UI package), what addons are you using? For instance, those circular buttons for your action bars, your player/target frames, party/raid frames, what is that texture you're using for Skada, and what is the font in your chat?

Sorry if I'm too nosy =D
    I'm glad to share!

Unitframes/castbars = oUF Abu.
    Actionbars = Dominos with Masque: Diablo III - Circle skin.
    Party/raid frames = Compactraid, but I'm about to change that one.
    Damage meter = is not Skada, its actually an addon called ''Details! '' With that addon, you can choose an animated 3D effect for bars. You can basically pick any spell/particle effect in game. Think mine is some monk spell :]
    Chat = Chatter. Font is Expressway Free, which I use in other parts of UI aswell.
    Map = Sexymap

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    That's quite a nice looking take on the default UI style. My main suggestion is that the raid frames look out of place because everything else has a nice, clear border with gradient textures on the bars, and the raid frames are basically just green boxes. Giving the raid frames at least the same sort of textures as your unit frame health bars, if not also a border like on your unit frames, would give your UI a more cohesive look, IMO.
    I agree you on that 100%. I just recently threw ElvUI to trashcan, and started to build this new UI with more default taste on it. So I'd say the raidframes are still unfinished work, but getting there. :]

Hello All. New to the forums and recently back to the game, looking forward to some good fun again, its been awhile ! I was always very much into UI customization so before even hitting 100 things started to come to mind and eventually i just had to finish. Of course it is always a constant work in progress as I am changing things for every little thing I notice, but I do enjoy it ! Here is the current setup on the mage im using as my main now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dolicioso View Post
    Hello All. New to the forums and recently back to the game, looking forward to some good fun again, its been awhile ! I was always very much into UI customization so before even hitting 100 things started to come to mind and eventually i just had to finish. Of course it is always a constant work in progress as I am changing things for every little thing I notice, but I do enjoy it ! Here is the current setup on the mage im using as my main now.
    Now that's minimalism!

Unhappy

Would you mind sharing your UI to us? Pleeease.

Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    Now that's minimalism!
    We seems to have our own meme now, the UI being "minimalist" when the image disappears due to insufficient posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

lol was trying to get enough posts !

Clean

Frames

Battle

Addons

Here is a link to the album with more screenshots:
    http://imgur.com/a/DXZHa

Any questions or comments are encouraged & appreciated !

Thanks

That UI looks like it is taken straight out of 2005. Default Xperl, massive box on bottom blocking nearly half the screen, oversized actionbars and don't forget titan panel! I don't get how you can enjoy playing like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Inactive View Post
    That UI looks like it is taken straight out of 2005. Default Xperl, massive box on bottom blocking nearly half the screen, oversized actionbars and don't forget titan panel! I don't get how you can enjoy playing like that.
    to each their own ;D .. and it is .. this is similar to what i used back when i played ! haha .. like i said ill be doing a lot of editing as i go along and what not, taking stuff out and what not .. i do a lot of chatting just a big thing for me so thats why i like the box on bottom .. and it all actually fits nicely for my eye vision, monitor, and positioning to keyboard in person .. n cmon titan panel aint that bad ;D

Work in progress here

Working on an clean and hopefully minimal UI, mainly for DPS classes, tried to come up with an UI I could also use for my leveling alts - pretty happy with the result so far, thought I could share this for inspiration

The video is mainly so I can check for some weird overlaps and gaps (like BigWigs is too near to the ShortBuffs Raven Group and the tooltip could also be moved a bit to the right & top).
    Base is ElvUI (Skullflowers), a bunch of WeakAuras, Gnosis for the castbar and GCD, Raven for the ShortBuffs (left) and Cooldowns (right)
    ActionBars on mouseover (although shown on alts while leveling)

The space between the target info and the castbar is used to show class specific stuff like the shards in the video, but also for runes, holy power, combo points, eclipse bar etc

On top of that are class specific and situational WAs - like Dark Soul, interrupt, flask reminder, life tap, low health warnings - those also need strata reordering, some text from below shows up on top...

Under the castbar are rotation priority WAs
    Player health is shown as a vertical bar near the target health (~2:25 after I double life-tapped)

youtube. com /watch?v=KBU6dgyahKU

still cant post links, sry