Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

[Spoilers] Real mad about the artifact weapons now

Knowing that Varian died now I think it is absolutely silly to give us random garbage artifacts instead of Shalamayne. I really have no clue what is going through Blizzard's heads on that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizzakid2093 View Post
    Knowing that Varian died now I think it is absolutely silly to give us random garbage artifacts instead of Shalamayne. I really have no clue what is going through Blizzard's heads on that one.
    You don't know how he died. We can't pass judgement yet.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Varian is most likely only presumed dead. Just a hunch. Too many big changes in leadership all at once for it to be set in stone as the facts at this point.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Privs View Post
    Varian is most likely only presumed dead. Just a hunch. Too many big changes in leadership all at once for it to be set in stone as the facts at this point.
    If he only was presumed dead, he´d be missing in action as voljin is. It most likely has a reason why voljin is flagged missing in action and varian is flagged as dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    If he only was presumed dead, he´d be missing in action as voljin is. It most likely has a reason why voljin is flagged missing in action and varian is flagged as dead.

Vol'jin is flagged as missing in action cause no one knows where the hell he went. However, Varian can be "presumed" dead because he may have had to stay behind and sacrifice himself so others can escape. Seems like a Varian thing to do. So as the troops leave they see Varian fall in combat.

Besides that little theory of mine, there can be countless reasons someone can be presumed dead over MIA.

Yeah, if he was presumed dead, Anduin of all people would refused to be crowned King until he was found dead. It's totally in his character. Varian has got to be dead.

It seems like a real waste after the cutscene. Honestly I hope they are just pulling the silly "prophecy" like tricks where the wording ends up being true in a way we don't expect. Maybe "Varian" died and Lo'Gosh is back or something. That is like the only thing I can think of that I would be alright with for not getting Shalamayne. God forbid Anduin gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Yeah, if he was presumed dead, Anduin of all people would refused to be crowned King until he was found dead. It's totally in his character. Varian has got to be dead.
    How do they get back to see if there is a body? They had to escape and just barely. We already know it didnt go well the first attempt at attacking the pillars. So read my above example of how he can be presumed dead.

How do they get back to see if there is a body? They had to escape and just barely. We already know it didnt go well the first attempt at attacking the pillars. So read my above example of how he can be presumed dead.
    Orrr.... read my exact reasoning for why i went against what you said.

Orrr.... read my exact reasoning for why i went against what you said.

Anduin wanting to see a body doesn't change the fact that Stormwind and the Alliance need a king. Your point is moot.

Sylvanas is acting Warchief and Vol'jin is only MIA. Why wouldn't there be a new king?

Anduin wanting to see a body doesn't change the fact that Stormwind and the Alliance need a king. Your point is moot.

Sylvanas is acting Warchief and Vol'jin is only MIA. Why wouldn't there be a new king?
    Moot? They would have a stand in, much like Bolvar was, except it would be Anduin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzakid2093 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. I also had a glimmer of hope when the only class that didn't get one of their Artifact weapons shown was Warrior. Maybe with Varian dead they're reconsidering Artifact weapons for Warrior? Maybe? I hope so? Please?

Shalamayne for Arms!

Shalla'tor and Ellemayne for Fury!
    Last edited by Kethro; 2015-11-24 at 04:07 AM.

Moot? They would have a stand in, much like Bolvar was, except it would be Anduin.
    That is the exact point I am making. Anduin is the acting king, regardless of seeing the body, there needs to be a king. So as far as we know, Varian is only presumed dead.

The Alliance does not need a "King", never did.

Neither does Stormwind, they had Bolvar look over Stormwind for years.

But hey, what do I know? Dave Kosaks writing is obviously grand.

Deleted
    Real mad about the artifact weapons now
    I agree, we get an ugly ass claymore which looks like shit (in every aspect), meanwile paladin and DK get some legendary lore weapons with a nice look

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Bolvar was never labelled 'King of Stormwind.' He was only 'Regent of Stormwind', because it was never confirmed Varian was dead.

Anduin is 'King of Stormwind', not 'Regent of Stormwind.'
    Anduin also had the title "King of Stormwind" in Classic/BC while Bolvar was doing the work. He stood there in the throne room with click quotes asking about Varian.

I know there's supposed to be a bunch of lore or whatever behind Shalamayne, but it's ugly and tiny.

It looks like the horde 2-hander from vanilla pvp rewards.

Inb4 Bolvar raises Varian as a DK and that's why his weps aren't artifacts.

7+ Year Old Account
    i really dont think Anduin is ready to be a king besides he kinda has a crush on jaina also how would he fare around any the other leader ladies.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Maybe the swords get destroyed? Maybe Anduin wields them.