Thread: Yugioh Thread

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Yugioh Thread

So we have Pokemon and Magic the Gathering, I figured it was high time someone create a Yugioh community on this forum. This is a place to talk about all things Yugioh! So whether you want to discuss the latest TCG/OCG news, talk about the anime/games, come do it here!

I'll get it started with some TCG news, the new Structure deck: Master of Pendulums released today! It is one of the better structure decks to come out and you can actually make a decent deck just from buying 3 of the structure decks. The deck is largely based off the protagonist from the current anime series, Arc-V(which is surprisingly good for a yugioh series). Obviously the SD by itself isn't super competitive, if you want to make a more complete version of the deck, you would need to shell out some extra cash for cards like Xiangke Magician, Apex Avian, and Odd Eyes Rebellion Dragon. Still though, if you are looking for a budget option to playing yugioh, you could certainly do worse than picking up the SD.

I'm just really looking forward to the movie, haha.
    Blackout Kick now causes the victim to wake up the next day and question their life choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonfalora View Post
    I'm just really looking forward to the movie, haha.
    Yup, not to mention the new support we are getting in the tcg/ocg because they are giving the old characters some new toys.
    We've gotten Red-Eyes, Buster Blader, BLS, Blue-Eyes, and now Curse of Dragon support, all in the span of a few months

Really not looking forward to the clowns ruling the tcg competitive then again maybe Kozmos can actually do something against them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Yup, not to mention the new support we are getting in the tcg/ocg because they are giving the old characters some new toys.
    We've gotten Red-Eyes, Buster Blader, BLS, Blue-Eyes, and now Curse of Dragon support, all in the span of a few months
    Don't forget the Exodia support we also have gotten and soon Dark Magician Girl

True, true. We have until Breakers of Shadow drops in just over a month. Then we have Pepe, Dinomists, and Cyber Dragon Infinity to look forward to. I mainly play Psy-frames irl, so I am not as worried, the only deck that flat-out counters me is Majespecters, and we already got those in DOCS.

True, true. We have until Breakers of Shadow drops in just over a month. Then we have Pepe, Dinomists, and Cyber Dragon Infinity to look forward to. I mainly play Psy-frames irl, so I am not as worried, the only deck that flat-out counters me is Majespecters, and we already got those in DOCS.
    Havn't played irl for years since the start of 5ds actually but the Monarch structure deck is making me want to come back

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    Havn't played irl for years since the start of 5ds actually but the Monarch structure deck is making me want to come back
    Yup, it is pretty strong. One of those decks where you can just buy 3 copies and make a decent deck out of it. They especially have a lot of special summon hate, which is good for the upcoming tier 0 meta with pepes

Last time I played, Dark World was just becoming a thing and now I have to deal with overlays and tuners and now pendulum.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Last time I played, Dark World was just becoming a thing and now I have to deal with overlays and tuners and now pendulum.
    Welcome back friend. Yup, the power creep is real, although I do have a dark world deck that isn't completely awful. The best advice I can give is play some decks that use the new mechanics like synchro, xyz, and pends. That is what I did when I got back into the game, and it really helps you learn the mechanics and what decks you will see do.

Welcome back friend. Yup, the power creep is real, although I do have a dark world deck that isn't completely awful. The best advice I can give is play some decks that use the new mechanics like synchro, xyz, and pends. That is what I did when I got back into the game, and it really helps you learn the mechanics and what decks you will see do.
    Yeah I have a decent Dark World deck (Grapha for the win!) and it does decently.

O i've been playing online since zexal but not in real life so i know how the mechanics work
    Than i realize this was comment wasn't met for me...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    The only one that may cause u a bit of trouble would maybe be synchros but that really is just math
    Last edited by ChronoSul; 2015-12-05 at 02:47 AM.

Do any of you play on DN or YGOpro?

YGOpro here. Only way I can play anyone around here (mostly AI though).

YGOpro i used to use DN but it got really bad

We should all play on ygopro. If I can host on the EU server, since it is less busy. The note will be mmoc and the pw will also be mmoc.

I use DevPro over YGOPro. Devpro is just so much nicer and easier to use imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I use DevPro over YGOPro. Devpro is just so much nicer and easier to use imo.
    I could never get Devpro to actually work for me :/

I could never get Devpro to actually work for me :/
    its worth it imo. The differences are staggering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mmm...

Never played the card game or any of the video games. Only really got into the original series. While it's still good, I can't go back and watch it since I've seen Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged. It's hilarious, and it cuts out some the more drawn out crap. Five episodes for the duel against Pegasus? Why?

You should give Arc-V a try Pendulous, it is actually pretty good, plus duels last 2 episodes max. It is also a good way for you to learn about the game as they use all the different mechanics (fusion, synchro, xyz, pend)