Page 2 of 131 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    it's 8 yards.

also it's irrelevant because chi-ji beats everything on that row (with the exception of statue for levelling)
    What exactly does Chi-Ji do? How does that talent work?

Sheilun's Gift (the new artifact starting skill for MW) is weird. I don't know what they thought when designing this skill. It doesn't fit in our toolkit, it's no HoT and it's not even a strong CD heal. It's a 2sec "good" ST heal without any special effects but a 30 sec CD. Quite unnecessary.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2015-12-05 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    it's 8 yards.

also it's irrelevant because chi-ji beats everything on that row (with the exception of statue for levelling)
    Why do people deem specific discussion points "irrelevant" because X currently trumps Y? Need I remind you we're in alpha and discussion based solely on numbers/mechanics that are inevitably going to change is rather silly.
    Last edited by xdmemes; 2015-12-05 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What exactly does Chi-Ji do? How does that talent work?

Sheilun's Gift (the new artifact starting skill for MW) is weird. I don't know what they thought when designing this skill. It doesn't fit in our toolkit, it's no HoT and it's not even a strong CD heal. It's a 2sec "good" ST heal without any special effects but a 30 sec CD. Quite unnecessary.

Chi-ji
    http://www.twitch.tv/signabb/v/28427959

and sheilun's gift dont even proc mastery

and RJW is shit because its costs so much mana, you wont use it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    Chi-ji

A talent that costs mana could NEVER be balanced with those FREE talents.

Then why do you care about the range of , esp when it says it on the tool tip?

Something that's been concerning me is the interaction of Summon Jade Statue with Soothing Elegance. Both offer ways to significantly improve your Soothing HPS, but I really doubt if you'd ever pick one without the other. If I ever had one without the other, I'd feel like I was being punished for not having them both. Soothing Elegance is a significant buff to Soothing's HPS and utility, but knowing that I've almost halved my Soothing HPS because I didn't pick JSS on the tier before makes me that much more unlikely to use it. I'm not really sure what the solution to this is. Maybe roll JSS and the movement into the same talent? Make the movement during Soothing baseline? I'm not really sure, but I do feel like there's a poor interaction between these choices as they are now.

Chi-ji

Oh my gosh this looks atrocious. Hopefully they redo the skill, it's embarrassing (not the effect but the animation).

Yeah so what the hell did they thought when they brought into Sheilun's Gift?

And I am insecure about Mistwalk. How useful is that skill?

7+ Year Old Account
    Then why do you care about the range of , esp when it says it on the tool tip?
    Because I'm too lazy to change my RJW addon. :P

(RJW is my favorite spell.)

Gift is good for level i guess, cast it while running to the next mob, ez.

And chi-ji's animation is most likely not finished like half the shit in the game atm.

Gift is good for level i guess, cast it while running to the next mob, ez.

And chi-ji's animation is most likely not finished like half the shit in the game atm.
    So it's castable while moving? That's at least not in the calculator tooltip. I could understand it as an instant cast with a 15 second CD or another strong initial heal with HoT component but as it is right now... useless.

Full gear

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Naked

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Artifact
    340 mast
    2925 sp
    511 int

Artifact and trinket

All mastery pces avail atm "4". no other gear
    Cloak/wep/744 trinket/ 253 mastery trinket

Mastert is going to be insane. Here is a log of a shitty run, we kept crashing on first boss so we killed it and stopped.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...oss=0&source=3
    Last edited by Entropy; 2015-12-05 at 10:02 PM.

You can ... jump off dalaran and go quest that way.
    Not really, no. You can't start the quest chains. Just a few odd quests here and there that aren't part of the main zone storyline, I hear. I went to every single flight path and saw no quests :-/

- - - Updated - - -

Mastery is going to be insane. Here is a log of a shitty run, we kept crashing on first boss so we killed it and stopped.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...oss=0&source=3
    Nope, sadly that puts it at a weight of 0.56 to Crit's 0.8, when on even footing for DR (1000 rating of each stat). 1467 Mastery accounted for 62.5% of your 16.16% Mastery healing. That accounted for 10.11% of your healing, for +11.25% HPS. An equal amount of Crit would have increased your HPS by +12.70%.

Though perhaps my reliability penalty of 90% for Mastery value is harsh; I made it so because it does not affect some of our more powerful spells that we'll be using in high-demand situations, such as EF. However, as you can see, it's worse even without the penalty.

Mastery also loses value due to not affecting Revival or DPS.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2015-12-05 at 10:48 PM.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Some classes can start the chains when they swim out there. I don't know why. druids and warriors are the only ones i know of.

What do ratings look like.
    Just playing the game it feels like
    spirit "if it's still in the game">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>crit/mastery > everything else

Mastery also has that free hidden mana value. Sure crit does too but it can crit so. You will get to a point where you can effuse someone and it will hit for a total for like 200k for the low low non crit.

I think that is where the value of it comes from and what will make it so good.
    Last edited by Entropy; 2015-12-05 at 11:03 PM.

haste seems incredibly strong imo

haste/crit for raids and haste/mastery for 5 mans imo

Mastery also has that free hidden mana value. Sure crit does too but it can crit so. You will get to a point where you can effuse someone and it will hit for a total for like 200k for the low low non crit.

I think that is where the value of it comes from and what will make it so good.
    I don't understand what you're saying here. Want to elaborate?
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

For example my effuse hits for 12k.
    Mastery 14k.

As it stands if you ever cast effuse it is for mastery.

Dats free mana

For example my effuse hits for 12k.
    Mastery 14k.

As it stands if you ever cast effuse it is for mastery.

Dats free mana
    You're saying that it makes your most efficient spells disproportionately more powerful, and thus have much more HPM? Okay, but judging from your log, Mastery is disproportionately less powerful for Vivify, EM, ReM, all the other spells basically :P I don't think that affects the stat weight. Mastery's value is fully in its healing. Any other healing bonus could also be reworded to be a mana-saver too. Now, if every spell scaled with Mastery percentage-wise like Effuse does, this would be a totally different story. Effuse heals for ~150% of spellpower; Vivify heals for 750%, EF heals for ~2484% (and doesn't proc Gust), ReM for ~740% spellpower (before Haste).

Deleted
    I think something you should consider is that the mastery is 100% reliable

I'm trying to avoid spoilery content but there's very few looks at the class skills other than Fatboss's guide that doesn't say spoil the Legendary chain. So the real question is, does Celestial Breath look cool?
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.