Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

[Megathread] Conan Exiles

It is available on Steam for $39.99. Also now live on Xbox One and PS4 for $39.99. NOW OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED

Website for full details: http://www.conanexiles.com/

Steam Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/440900/

Official Discord: https://discord.gg/EGGhMjc

Official Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/ConanExiles/

Description:

Conan Exiles is an open-world survival game set in the brutal lands of Conan the Barbarian. Survive in a savage world, build your kingdom, and dominate your enemies in brutal combat and epic warfare.

Start with nothing but your bare hands and forge the legacy of your clan, building anything a small home to gigantic fortresses and entire cities. Wage war using swords, bows, siege weapons, and even take control of giant avatars of the gods and lay waste to enemy cities.

Explore a vast, seamless world full of challenge and opportunity. Hunt animals for resources, slay monsters for treasure, and delve deep underground to discover the secrets of ancient civilizations.

Trailer:

Launch trailer:
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2018-05-09 at 02:19 AM.

Today Funcom
    /runs far away
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I'm cool with this, will likely pick it up when it launches. Would be the first of the survival genre that I actually bother with.

Kinda odd title. I think it's gonna cause some issues- Funcom have a very tough time marketing their games.

Looks cool. Funcom is one of those companies who dont afraid to innovate. Maybe they add a new flavor to survival genre

Wait wait wait...

Is this a AAA Minecraft game?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Wait wait wait...

Is this a AAA Minecraft game?
    No. Seems like a higher budget (though definitely not AAA) Rust/name your survival game of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No. Seems like a higher budget (though definitely not AAA) Rust/name your survival game of choice.
    Most of those survival games were born out of a combination of Minecraft and Day Z. Funcom is certainly higher up on the rung than most of the developers who have put forth such a game.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Most of those survival games were born out of a combination of Minecraft and Day Z. Funcom is certainly higher up on the rung than most of the developers who have put forth such a game.
    Yet at the same time they have a long string of financial misfires. I think it's in the execution, not the budget. I also think Funcom can do it, but can they outclass existing titles? Not so sure.

Shame about age of conan, some of the best raids and classes ive seen in a mmo.

Hmm, I don't really trust Funcom due to how Age of Conan was handled. I'm also not sure if there's room in the market for another one of these games.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

> multiplayer

> open-world survival

> early access
    those are all trigger words for me

so - BIG NOPE

not touching this same as I didnt touch Ark or Rust or any of that

hm, not a big fan of survival games but this one kinda interests me - especially because of single player/private servers.

Put on "keep to look at it" list.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Funcom.....ill pass.

Wasn't it funcom who ran the mmo that was shit imo.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Yet at the same time they have a long string of financial misfires. I think it's in the execution, not the budget. I also think Funcom can do it, but can they outclass existing titles? Not so sure.
    I like Funcom though. I hope they pull this off and it's a success and it puts them back on track.

But this genre of game... How many of them actually finish development? Serious question, I honestly have no idea. There's tons of these games that popped up after Day Z became popular and that game is supposedly having its final release version this year (I'll believe it when I see it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Funcom.....ill pass.

Wasn't it funcom who ran the mmo that was shit imo.
    If you only know Funcom from mmo's your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    hm, not a big fan of survival games but this one kinda interests me - especially because of single player/private servers.

Put on "keep to look at it" list.
    This was my thought as well, Not really into survival games, but one set in one of my favourite fantasy universes and with the possibility to play single-player might be interesting.

Oh hell yeah, survival game number 3427, I cant wait...

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they pull it off but after the blunder that is AoC I am not optimistic. The game will probably never make it out of early access and first person melee combat sounds pretty lame.

Deleted
    my guess itll use the aoc engine ...which makes them save money on that part. but yeah ...game prolly gonna suck