Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Hunters look like a complete mess...

Ive been watching vids and reading up on new abilities. Holy cow.

MM looks awkward. Like they threw darts at a wall to pick the abilities, and they don't even sync well or go with the class fantasy.

SV = I DONT WANT TO BE MELEE! I'm a hardcore raider, and if it's the top spec, then thats what I'll have to be. I will punch a fucking baby if I have to raid as melee.

BM = hated it before, still hate it in legion.

All of my favorite tools in the toolkit are getting raped: camo, cheetah, defensives. Everything... bent over and prison-raped.

The ONLY positive that I can see is an instant cast generator for MM.

Maybe I'm a pessimist, but this looks very very bleak and horrid.

Deleted
    So if you have to play SV when it does the most damage does that mean you also change class when hunters don't do that anymore?

Deleted
    Imo, for me there is only one hunter: Marksmanship. If it's gonna suck at 1v1 pvp in Legion, I'm done with hunters and probably with the expansion as well, unless I find some other ranged class to be fun.

"I'm a hardcore raider"

Sure you are.

"BM = hated it before, still hate it in legion"

The spec isn't even released yet on the Beta, how can you say you hate it if you haven't played it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    "I'm a hardcore raider"

Sure you are.

The spec isn't even released yet on the Beta, how can you say you hate it if you haven't played it?
    Quoting for truth. OP you have no clue what you are talking about, clearly a poorly thought out bitchfest post for no logical reason.

Hunters are getting the usual paladin treatment, welcome to the club. Grab you ankles at the door.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    "I'm a hardcore raider"

Sure you are.

Dog bited me year ago, now i hate all animals, so i cant play bm! I will hate it even if the spec is deleted!

Well i dont have alpha access but from videos etc i dont like mm right now, i am not going to play melee too, so i hope BM will be better. Last time when i played BM for whole xpac was on TBC but its too soon to say anything till 7.0 come out.

Deleted
    This is pretty much my struggle. I really like fire mage. I have always loved this class/spec. The thing is that there's always a chance that one of the specializations will be bad. Fire this expansion and many others scaled the best, so only really end game this specialization is useful which is sad. Probably it's easier to roll hybrid with one dps specialization if you really enjoy it. So far balance druid looks really nice and they have always been one of my favorites.
    Anyway, probably this could be shock for some hunter lovers if melee specialization will be the most useful.

Quote Originally Posted by NoShelter View Post
    SV = I DONT WANT TO BE MELEE! I'm a hardcore raider, and if it's the top spec, then thats what I'll have to be. I will punch a fucking baby if I have to raid as melee.
    Haha, yeah sure. Sucks for you. I hope SV turns out to be the strongest hunter spec by far. Hilarious. Prison-raped!

10+ Year Old Account
    I played BM since I can remember. Respecced to SV or MM if it was 'expected' in the raid because of maximum damage.

I have not watched videos, just read about the planned changes to the hunters on the official website. I'm waiting for Legion to go live and see how it turns out to play as BM. If I think/feel that BM is crap, I might change my favorite class to something else. I don't like hunters without pets (MM) and melee is not my favourite playstile either.
    I think, at the moment all I can do is waiting how it turns out in Legion. I don't want to get myself irritated on something that isn't finished at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of people who rerolled warrior for PvP in TBC and cried blood tears when stunherald was fixed. Lol.

Also, you are not forced to reroll anything, DPS difference is neglectable (and often irrelevant) for raid; if SV "happens to be the best DPS spec" - keep it to your MM or whatever you play, or do like big boys do - reroll the whole class (yes, "hardcore raiders" do that, if you don't have a boomchicken on your acc - you are not hardcore WD raider) instead of nitpicking these 2k DPS difference.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-01-30 at 10:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Marksmanship looks horrible, a combination of hard-casts and instant casts for very little focus, with a bad attempt to bake SV into it. Both myself and my Little Miss' prefer to have our Pets with us. For LGN, I've always been BM so it won't matter to me very much but for her, she's SV, so she's literally losing her favorite spec entirely for some melee spec and the worst part is, it isn't even dual wield, when that's where all the cool weapon models are (Icecrown Axes anyone?)

It's either ..
    1: Melee.
    2: Awkwardly bad.
    3: BM.

So both of us will be BM next expac. No change here but she's said she's stuck as BM if she wants to be ranged and still have her Pet. I'm sure the guy who runs the one big Hunters' site is having a fit, too, since I think he plays SV on live, currently and said once: "Fuck Lone Wolf, a Pet is a core component of being a Hunter, I'll take the damage nerf thank you."

Now he won't have that choice, period.

Right now, you can atleast CHOOSE Lone Wolf .. or not, and have alternatives. But BLIZ isn't giving you much in the way of that, just three hard-line paths.

Easier solution woulda' been to leave the specs as they are and add a 4th melee spec, like: Savagery, or something .. for a name, and leave the other specs alone .. rather than killing SV and trying to bake it into MM, making it some terrible amalgamation of both MM and SV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh, it seems i'm only one who actually like MM changes. I love the idea of marking targets (yay, hunters mark is back) and rapidly snapshooting multiple targets. And volley is back too *drool*. Also i have no issues with standing still while casting aimed shot. I mean, back in vanilla it was one of the best things - FD>shadowmeld warrior into frost trap, walk away, cast aimed + multi and watch him die from huge crits, and having to stand still and cast to see a huge numbers on your screen is fine to me
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Huh, it seems i'm only one who actually like MM changes. I love the idea of marking targets (yay, hunters mark is back) and rapidly snapshooting multiple targets. And volley is back too *drool*. Also i have no issues with standing still while casting aimed shot. I mean, back in vanilla it was one of the best things - FD>shadowmeld warrior into frost trap, walk away, cast aimed + multi and watch him die from huge crits, and having to stand still and cast to see a huge numbers on your screen is fine to me
    I'm not a fan of the new implementation of the "Hunter's Mark". Its a chance to apply only on our focus builder or our weak as hell AoE ability. Unless the chance to apply is high enough that its guaranteed to be up, the playstyle will be incredibly awkward at best, and if even if it is, why bother having it in the first place?
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    I'm not a fan of the new implementation of the "Hunter's Mark". Its a chance to apply only on our focus builder or our weak as hell AoE ability. Unless the chance to apply is high enough that its guaranteed to be up, the playstyle will be incredibly awkward at best, and if even if it is, why bother having it in the first place?
    So, you are not happy with numbers on an alpha test? I mean, that's what i get from "chance to apply" and "weak as hell".
    Keeping up hunters mark on a target and utilizing marked shot debuff to fit in strong aimed shots is quite nice gameplay and new iteration of hunters mark is way better than any iteration of hunters mark so far.

I understand people being not happy with basic rotation being just 3 buttons, but stuff OP complains about is just makes no sense, as well as complaining about AoE damage being too low or stacks applying too rare
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-01-30 at 07:51 PM.

Deleted
    So, you are not happy with numbers on an alpha test? I mean, that's what i get from "chance to apply" and "weak as hell".
    Keeping up hunters mark on a target and utilizing marked shot debuff to fit in strong aimed shots is quite nice gameplay and new iteration of hunters mark is way better than any iteration of hunters mark so far
    Unless the chance to apply is high enough that its guaranteed to be up, the playstyle will be incredibly awkward at best, and if even if it is, why bother having it in the first place?
    Clearly not a question of numbers but rather the mechanic being fucking pointless regardless of what the numbers end up being.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Keeping up hunters mark on a target and utilizing marked shot debuff to fit in strong aimed shots is quite nice gameplay and new iteration of hunters mark is way better than any iteration of hunters mark so far.

I understand people being not happy with basic rotation being just 3 buttons, but stuff OP complains about is just makes no sense, as well as complaining about AoE damage being too low or stacks applying too rare
    The actual damage of the AoE ability is irrelevant. What matters is that the 'chance to apply' is less than 100%. If it later does become 100%, why bother having it? As it stands, Marked Shot should apply Hunter's Mark instead of Vulnerability, and Hunter's Mark have the effect of Vulnerability. No sloppy need to have Debuff A to use ability B to apply Debuff C to increase the damage of Ability D.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erica View Post
    Clearly not a question of numbers but rather the mechanic being fucking pointless regardless of what the numbers end up being.
    I would agree with you if chance to proc would be 100%, but with current iteration it gives you debuff to maintain on target and a debuff to consume on target, which is decent enough mechanic

I dislike MM currently on live servers, but I absolutely love how it plays on the alpha. It can dish out a hell of a lot of damage really fast and the first couple of artifact abilities are amazing.

SV is extremely fun too but I can see why people wouldn't want to play melee.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    The actual damage of the AoE ability is irrelevant. What matters is that the 'chance to apply' is less than 100%. If it later does become 100%, why bother having it? As it stands, Marked Shot should apply Hunter's Mark instead of Vulnerability, and Hunter's Mark have the effect of Vulnerability. No sloppy need to have Debuff A to use ability B to apply Debuff C to increase the damage of Ability D.
    chance to apply and vulnerability stacks to 3 is there to punish you for letting them (vuln stacks) fall down over time (by being too sloppy, paying no attention, switching to another target for too long, or whatever), as long as a chance is high enough (and not like with current fire mages, where you have to pray to RNG gods to bless you with decent DPS this pull) to let you stack vulnerability to 3 (aka "i couldn't get 3rd stack because i had no hunters mark proc") - it's fine and from this point it's about hunter managing hunter marks on targets to keep vulnerability stacks running and veaving in aimed shots for sick deeps.

If chance would be 100% - yes, the mechanic is pointless. But there should be (and there is?) a cooldown to give you an opportunity to really quickly stack your shit and start actually do damage