Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

"Well this rumour didn’t take long! As ever from The Mirror:

BBC bosses expect Peter Capaldi to leave Doctor Who after the next series – when writer Steven Moffat also steps down.

The 57-year-old’s tenure as the 12th Doctor is likely to end in 2017.

When new chief Chris Chibnall, who created Broadchurch, begins a new era in series 11, it is thought he will also get to choose his own Time Lord.

A source on the BBC show said: “Bosses are already discussing a fresh start when Steven leaves.

“They’ve been happy with what Peter has brought to the role but some think it might make sense to give Chris his own choice of actor to play the Doctor.

“They hope he will be able to find someone who can have the same impact as Matt Smith did when Steven Moffat kicked off his run as executive producer.”

The move would mirror what happened when Russell T. Davies – who brought the sci-fi series back in 2005 after 26 years – departed at the same time David Tennant left as the 10th Doctor.

A BBC spokesman said Capaldi was signed up for the 2017 series but beyond that said: “We don’t discuss contracts.”"

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/rumour-...s-10-79636.htm

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Matt Smith said it best. "Times change and so do I."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Sad, I'd love to see a Doctor run for longer than a few seasons... especially one as good as Capaldi.
    Honestly? I am not sure if it is him or the writing, but I don't like it. The show needs a new breath of air. It has gotten stale.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    i wan't capaldi to stick around for the next show runner. i want to see what he's capable of.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    BBC bosses expect Peter Capaldi to leave Doctor Who after the next series – when writer Steven Moffat also steps down.
    The 57-year-old’s tenure as the 12th Doctor is likely to end in 2017.
    Oh no you don't.

Please no, seriously.
    I'd love for Capaldi to stay a couple more season

Deleted
    As much as I'd love Capaldi to stick around for 4 or even 5 seasons, it makes sense that he's leaving. Chibnall deserves to start off his tenure with a new Doctor which he can mould as he wants. And you know, Capaldi will have had a good run, about the same length as Smith. I think it feels bad now because we're not getting DW for a year, and as of yet we've only had two seasons of him. So talking about him leaving now feels too early. But remember he's leaving in two years time. By then I think we'll be ready to usher in a new Doctor.

Even if Capaldi is leaving soon, he can always look back on the fact that he did Heaven Sent, one of the finest performances as the Doctor.

im still full of feels

- - - Updated - - -

"A bearded Peter Capaldi has today been speaking to Doctor Who fansite RadioTimes at their swanky cover party and talked a little about what’s ahead.

On preparing for Series 10:

“You have to be fit to do Doctor Who and so I’ve just been getting myself ready and I’ll be getting into training to start the show. When we start, it’ll run for nine months and the most important thing is to be there and to be fit and be on top of everything. I’m looking forward to starting.

“There wasn’t really anything else around that I particularly wanted to do [until Doctor Who filming begins]. I’m really looking forward to it. We’ve got, great writers. And some fabulous exciting stories.”

On the new companion:

“We’ve just had some brief talks about it, we haven’t actually chosen someone yet — that I know of. Perhaps someone has been chosen but I would expect that I would meet them before we finalised all that. So we’re looking for someone different.”

On Chris Chibnall taking over (No mention of the leaving rumours):

“I think Chris is a wonderful writer, so that’s the exciting thing about Doctor Who — I don’t really know what he’s going to do with it. It’s going to be different and he’ll take it in a direction that is his… and that’ll be very exciting. That’s the lovely thing about Doctor Who, it keeps changing. Steven’s been fabulous but it will be very exciting to see what Chris does.”"

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/capaldi-on-readying-for-series-10-different-companion-chibnall-79656.htm
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

I suspect Chibnall might be the showrunner to wrap up the new series.

Doctor Who has a MASSIVE amount of lore. If you aren't a huge fan of the show, its actually very intimidating to be the producer of something like this. Its going to be nearly impossible to attract good talent to run it. Once Chibnall exits, I think the BBC will probably either reboot or cancel Doctor Who. I'm not sure anyone else is really up to the task. A big job for Chibnall is actually to start grooming successors as soon as possible from the writers that get hired for stray episodes.

But for now, the show should be in good hands for years to come.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Mmm, I'm not sure how I feel about Chibnall being the next guy in charge. I'm not familiar with much of his other work, but nothing he's written for Doctor Who has ever stuck out to me. RTD and Moffat, for their varying strengths and weaknesses, both clearly had a huge amount of passion and enthusiasm for the show, and all of their episodes gave off a distinct sense of personality. I feel like that kind of quirkiness is very important to something like Doctor Who, and I question whether a writer like Chibnall can really bring the same sense of energy to things, given the episodes he's penned in the past.

I am excited to be getting a new showrunner, though. I'm a big fan of Moffat, and overall I think he's been the most consistently good writer on the show by a significant margin, but he never really seemed to capitalise on the strengths of his first season and build upon them. He's had a good long run to do what he wants with the show, and I think now's a good time to bring in a fresh lead writer.

So while new things are always exciting, I'm not really filled with hype the way I was when RTD left. Chibnall will certainly have to work to win me over when he takes the lead, but I'll be happy to go into his first series with an open mind.

I hope he does a full series with Chibnall, ending on Xmas show 2018.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I suspect Chibnall might be the showrunner to wrap up the new series.

Doctor Who has a MASSIVE amount of lore. If you aren't a huge fan of the show, its actually very intimidating to be the producer of something like this. Its going to be nearly impossible to attract good talent to run it. Once Chibnall exits, I think the BBC will probably either reboot or cancel Doctor Who. I'm not sure anyone else is really up to the task. A big job for Chibnall is actually to start grooming successors as soon as possible from the writers that get hired for stray episodes.

But for now, the show should be in good hands for years to come.
    its 50 years old, they arent going to cancel it because of how much lore there is.

doctor who doesnt need a reboot because everytime theres a new doctor or companion it reboots itself.

next series anyone could jump on watch doctor who and not be lost because everything that needs explaining will be explained to the new companion

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know why Netflix just cut Doctor Who? I loved having older episodes running in the background while doing things.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Anyone know why Netflix just cut Doctor Who? I loved having older episodes running in the background while doing things.
    contract with beebs probably ran out, netflix loses things all the time. might be back, or maybe amazon or hulu will snatch it up

Deleted
    Not going to presume how good Chibnall's version of the series will be until we actually see it, which will be a long while. I thought Moffat's episodes during RTD's lead were the highlight of each series, but I started to dislike his story arcs after Matt Smith's first series.

However, I think Chibnall's previous work has been fairly decent, and I thought The Power of Three was an excellent episode, and could have been a much better end to Amy and Rory as companions. So somewhat optimistic for when he eventually takes over.

I would really like Capaldi to stay, but I see why they might start with a new Doctor for a new head writer. At least he will get one more definite series.

Deleted
    Moffat Confirms 14 Episodes For Series 10

When Steven Moffat’s Doctor Who departure was first announced there was some question over whether he will end his tenure with the Christmas special in 2017. Well it looks like we may now have an answer.

Speaking in an interview following his OBE ceremony: “Ahead of me this year I have 14 Doctor Whos and 3 Sherlock films, so the last thing I’m doing is contemplating work beyond that. But the day’s coming when I’ll have to.”

So we can reasonably infer that the schedule for the next couple of years should be: the 2016 Christmas special, the 12 episode series the following Spring, and finally, the 2017 Christmas special. Which means if Capaldi is leaving with Moffat as rumoured we may have another Christmas regeneration to look forward to before Chibnall takes over in 2018.
    http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/moffat-...s-10-79824.htm

Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

beautiful

10+ Year Old Account
    So, question for you all, what is the Doctors real name, my friend seems to think it's Basil just because he said it was in ONE episode.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    So, question for you all, what is the Doctors real name, my friend seems to think it's Basil just because he said it was in ONE episode.
    His actual real name has never been revealed.