Page 1 of 31
... LastLast

Kosak bombarded with "World of PeaceCraft" on Twitter. Thoughts?

@DaveKosak http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17289172085 … will there be more peaceful story to Warcraft? Garrosh is dead, let faction war die with him. FOR AZEROTH
    @IronHellscream I worry that "PeaceCraft" wouldn't prove to be as popular and enduring. Then again - maybe it's the game the world needs.
    @DaveKosak What I also believe, Red vs Blue doesn't make any sense any more. The fight is settled down in SoO. Why continue?

remove hackneyed barriers preventing communication, allow cross faction rep building.
    The tired, forced bi-factional warfare is played out. It no longer makes any modicum of sense.
    @DaveKosak @IronHellscream It is way past time to put the faction war behind us. Mechanically, we should all be able to play together.
    The minor disagreement with the Old Gods and Deathwing?

If your definition of "War" is AvH, you need a new one.
    @DaveKosak @IronHellscream I find peacecraft far less annyoing than "eternal conflict without anything happening, because game mechanics"
    @DaveKosak @IronHellscream after recent events it'd be a discredit our faction leaders' intelligence if they fell back into faction wars ='(
    @DaveKosak @IronHellscream The faction war just doesn't even make sense anymore, it's just essentially boils down to racism...
    DUUUUUUH

@DaveKosak The war between the Alliance and the Horde is not interesting anymore. There's no story development or change in territories.

What is it with this opinion becoming more and more shared among the fans recently? Do people really want the pivotal driving force of the Warcraft IP, the "Orc vs. Human" precedent established since WC1 to die? What does MMO-C think?
    To me, sounds like more propoganda from the high elf loyalists <.<

I don't really get it either.

He is right

It no longer makes sense for Alliance and Horde to be at war. We have banned together to fight Deathwing,Lichking,Gorrash and now Legion. This put ur shit aside for 2 moments thing is worn out.

I mean really there is no more story to build on the AVH and there can never be a ending where one side wins. Ether both sides lose and kill each other off or there is peace and we fight other more important things.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Hey, I love High Elves but I still want to bash orcish heads!

Because it makes no sense how every expansion we make peace just to go back to war the next expansion, The story is going nowhere and it makes no sense at this point, we could get much more interesting story development from it.

Yes, I think the faction conflict is stupid and only serves for the wannabes who think PVP is still serious business. It's about time to get rid of it similar to how Rift did: Factions are at war, players are not. BGs still exist, you can't go into Horde territory as Alliance or vice versa without getting attacked by guards, have open world PVP areas that are still free for all, but let cross-faction communication and grouping happen. Basically win-win. If they must, only keep things as they are on pure PVP servers; PVE, RP and RP-PVP would be open (RP-PVP is a weird option here but the idea is that RP would want it open, but PVP is still an option for those who want to play like that e.g. a Human whose family was killed by Orcs and hates them).

If people gravitate towards PVP servers, they want to keep it alive. If they leave, they do not. Simple way to gauge it.

Having a faction war is fine, if your game has an interesting, evolving story to back it up that makes sense within the game world. WoW hasn't had that for ages. As many of those tweets reflect, it's largely just an old gameplay mechanic that, if anything, is in opposition to the vast majority of the narrative we've been shown over the years. It makes both factions come across as ignorant, idiotic xenophobes when there's no substance to back their conflict up.

If there's going to be a perpetual Alliance/Horde conflict, then write a good story to justify it. Otherwise it just feels arbitrary and forced. "Because Warcraft" is not a sound justification for stilted storytelling.

Maybe they aren't in active war, but they are still natural enemies. That's what the whole game is founded on.
    It wont change.
    Combining the factions would not be the right idea for the game. They have established too much difference inbetween the two factions, but what I WOULDNT mind is some way that you can play any race as either faction like in Everquest.
    That sounds like a good idea.

But suddenly alliance and horde being able to raid together? That sounds way too much like a private server idea to me.
    Its done there because population is so small. If the population gets like this in WoW I suppose we can talk again but until then its not a healthy idea.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Yes, I think the faction conflict is stupid and only serves for the wannabes who think PVP is still serious business. It's about time to get rid of it similar to how Rift did: Factions are at war, players are not. BGs still exist, you can't go into Horde territory as Alliance or vice versa without getting attacked by guards, have open world PVP areas that are still free for all, but let cross-faction communication and grouping happen. Basically win-win. If they must, only keep things as they are on pure PVP servers; PVE, RP and RP-PVP would be open (RP-PVP is a weird option here but the idea is that RP would want it open, but PVP is still an option for those who want to play like that e.g. a Human whose family was killed by Orcs and hates them).

If people gravitate towards PVP servers, they want to keep it alive. If they leave, they do not. Simple way to gauge it.
    Pretty much this. Was thinking the same myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    That sentiment has always been an undercurrent among the WoW player base, especially as it became an increasingly-glaring hindrance to both the story and the gameplay. Constant tit-for-tat wins and losses that keep the factions locked in an eternal status quo, characters being shoehorned into undisputed leadership roles solely to keep the war ongoing, utterly illogical bordering on suicidally-stupid actions that (again) exist only to keep the war ongoing (Broken Front, Twilight Highlands Horde intro, and Faction Champions, anyone?), and the lack of any real gains or losses in the lore since the Cataclysm update (the Alliance pulled out of Orgrimmar overnight upon deposing Garrosh) have all done more damage to the Alliance-Horde war dynamic than ending it ever could.

It's become obvious since WotLK that they'll put an unqualified berserker in charge of an entire faction for no other reason than "Because war," whereas the tension and subtle hostilities erupting in border skirmishes back in Vanilla actually felt like an acceptable representation of the two factions' relations after the Battle for Mt. Hyjal. It only gets worse in Legion, where the Alliance and Horde are so focused on fighting each other in the face of a global Burning Legion invasion that's been name-checked as bigger than the War of the Ancients, which broke the world that the class orders and Dalaran end up doing all the heavy lifting. I'm not surprised that undercurrent of resentment for the PvP B-Plot has spilled over after over a half-decade of handling it with all the grace of a defective howitzer and it proves to be nothing but a detriment to the story.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Because it makes no sense how every expansion we make peace just to go back to war the next expansion, The story is going nowhere and it makes no sense at this point, we could get much more interesting story development from it.
    Because this is the world you choose to play in. No matter what greater conflict arises, the races simply cannot and will not remove their racist attitudes and forget their past aggressors. You're asking for Worgen and Forsaken to be friendly among one another, for Goblins and Gnomes to get along, for Humans and Orcs to shake hands. The world may be in constant state of armageddon but these two factions are too caught up in their ways to see the greater bad. Its interesting story telling.

Pivotal driving force? Anything but. Alliance vs. Horde is boring, and Orcs vs. Humans is the even more lame version of it. Why should anyone care? Gameplay-wise, everything is mirrored anyway and as a player, you don't have the slightest thing to do with the other faction. The factions might as well not exist. And nothing ever changes anyway. It's hard to take this "conflict" seriously when it has no impact on anything, not even the lore. Nothing to win, nothing to lose, nothing to care about.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would love it if the war stopped. We don't need to anymore. Talking to the other faction in /say would be nice, they do it in SWTOR. It may end the dumb ass Alliance vs Horde crap you see on forums all the time and it would be nice to see us team up to fight real enemies like what they seem to be doing in Legion. So ya we don't need the Alliance vs Horde thing anymore.

Peacecraft line is click bait.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

The faction war is stupid and has conflicted with almost every major plot point in WoW since they actually started trying to have major plot points. It just doesn't mesh, at all. Even the "natural enemies" argument falls apart when you examine things like Night Elves vs Tauren, and Orcs/Humans really kinda settled their shit at the end of Warcraft 3. That was the whole point of Rexxar's campaign and Jaina helping Thrall against her own dad, who was basically a time capsuled human from the previous era.

Also, the Ahn'Qiraj war effort set a HUGE story precedent for the Alliance and Horde co-operating that, for some reason, was summarily ignored in its entirety as the story moved forward. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't keep on flicking the "we're besties against a greater evil" switch every second patch, but that's exactly what they do.

I've said it a billion times, but there are WAY better ways to implement fulfilling world PvP, and the division of the playerbase is both unnecessary and damaging. The "Orcs versus Humans is integral to the story" thing is just a load of hogwash, and I can't express that opinion strongly enough.

Keeping your playerbase split in half in a 12 year old game is stupid.

Deleted
    How am I going to gank people then ?
    Anyway, it makes perfect sense that relations between Horde and Alliance fluctuates between friendly and hostile, I mean, that's just like in real life, whenever two countries have the same interests they're going to ally but whenever it's no longer the case they're going to be ennemies. Why would you expect the Horde and Alliance to be friends for ever ?
    The Alliance and the Horde needed to group to beat forces that were a threat to both of them, but as soon as it's over, they're still battling to have their piece of the cake whenever we discover a new continent, because they don't share interests anymore. They don't "like" each other, they just don't have the choice but to ally when the whole world is threatened. "The ennemy of my ennnemy is my friend", that's all it is about.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2016-02-13 at 03:41 PM.

It doesn't make sense now, but that is Blizzard's fault.

If you guys get this Peacecraft.

PvP will be removed from the game. Battlegrounds will no longer be relevant, and will not make sense to continue to develop. Arena will be the only PvP. PvP servers will need to be removed, or changed, as they no longer serve a purpose.

You guys are asking for something that doesn't make sense in reality. Horde v Alliance need to be a driving force for the continued development of the game as a whole. Asking Blizzard to end the conflict is asking for the end of Warcraft.

It's the ever running arms race that drives the story and the progression. If that is not the case anymore, then I really don't see the point of the Lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

make LFR and LFD crossfaction

Honestly, it's rather true. The banding together for WC3 was awesome, against Illidan and Kael Thas was pretty neat, Lich King was a no brainier, Deathwing, Garrosh, Archie...

When you think about it, that kind of story of banding unlikely allies against a common Big Bad can really only be told so many times before it goes really stale and to be fair, it's not like people are asking to abolish factions either - merely to have the war actually make sense without some arbitrary reason tacked on (seriously WoD's sole reason for faction war was Ashran. The hell).

For example, Wrath had a great take on it. They worked together and it backfired on them at the Wrathgate, and the consequences of that even stretched into Icecrown Citadel. The gunship battle was an excellent indicator of how bad relations had gotten at this point, and even though both factions tried to save Bolvar, the one person who could have quelled the tensions between both factions, in the end, all that effort was almost for naught.

That was an excellent way to segue into the full on faction war that Cataclysm brought us, but if the story keeps pitting us against the Big Bad of the expansion and making peace, I would honestly rather do the Peacecraft thing.