Page 1 of 52
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Pokemon Sun & Moon

So before the special Nintendo pokemon direct celebrating the 20 years of pokemon (god that makes me feel old),tommrow.
    A leak has appeared Nintendo trademarked new names and put up even logos of the new main series of pokemon.

http://nerdleaks.com/videogames/nint...n-tomorrow-157

gamexplain video on new region and concept

new concept art about Sun and Moon

from what others think it seems its based around china singapore and south pacific regions
    I know I'll be getting the Moon version and looking foreward to a new pokemon game to sink my teeth in.
    Last edited by Karamaru; 2016-02-26 at 11:30 PM.

Well considering how new Pokemon game leaks (Pokemon leaks specifically) have always turned out in the past, I'll just wait until tomorrow to see what happens. Because history says this is 99.999% likely to be a fake.

Ooh, I'd like those. Def getting Moon

"A European Trademark site has added new listings today for two new possible game titles, complete with logos. These logos are Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon. It is not currently known if these are to be the games revealed in tomorrow's Pokémon Direct or if this is just a placeholder like many game titles that have come before such as Pokémon Brown, Pokémon Amethyst and so forth. We'll bring more news as it comes. Please note, this is currently unconfirmed
    Edit @ 20:01: Various domains have been registered by Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe for these games in various different languages, all of which currently redirect to the official site, Pokemon.com. This doesn't confirm this news yet, but does add possibilities."
    On http://www.serebii.net/

I know the Zygard stuff had everyone expecting Z but i wonder if sun/moon could just be X/Y 2 or OR/AS 2 ala B/W 2. Same region but a time skip and story progression with new sub systems with things like Zygards new forms added in, maybe finally expand on all the things teased in X/Y like the guy from "a new region" and the notes around the train stations hinting at another story we never got any real resolution on.

I mean i hope its a brand new region. Hell if its naming convention is space based maybe pull a fairy and introduce a 'space' type for all the pokemon they keep adding that come from space like solrock and lunatone, staryu, elgyem and so on. I mean its 3 years after gen 6 was revealed with a short nintendo direct message, and that was 3 years after gen 5. Its certainly in keeping with the trend.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I know the Zygard stuff had everyone expecting Z but i wonder if sun/moon could just be X/Y 2 or OR/AS 2 ala B/W 2. Same region but a time skip and story progression with new sub systems with things like Zygards new forms added in, maybe finally expand on all the things teased in X/Y like the guy from "a new region" and the notes around the train stations hinting at another story we never got any real resolution on.

I mean i hope its a brand new region. Hell if its naming convention is space based maybe pull a fairy and introduce a 'space' type for all the pokemon they keep adding that come from space like solrock and lunatone, staryu, elgyem and so on. I mean its 3 years after gen 6 was revealed with a short nintendo direct message, and that was 3 years after gen 5. Its certainly in keeping with the trend.
    A space type would be really cool imagine the move Supernova or Meteor rain I doubt they would have moon powers since the Moon has been linked to the Fairy type.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Well considering how new Pokemon game leaks (Pokemon leaks specifically) have always turned out in the past, I'll just wait until tomorrow to see what happens. Because history says this is 99.999% likely to be a fake.
    If its fake then Il PM edge to close this thread but I really like these names tough.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanBread View Post
    A space type would be really cool imagine the move Supernova or Meteor rain I doubt they would have moon powers since the Moon has been linked to the Fairy type.
    Well it could be more literal and sun and moon references the night and day system having a big comeback. Imagine a new mega evolution system where you can mega evolve things like solrock/espeon in the day but lunatone/umbreon at night.

Maybe they take a leaf out boktais book with a daylight sensor

They feel real. I really hope they're real

Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    The logos certainly could pass for official box art.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well it could be more literal and sun and moon references the night and day system having a big comeback. Imagine a new mega evolution system where you can mega evolve things like solrock/espeon in the day but lunatone/umbreon at night.

Maybe they take a leaf out boktais book with a daylight sensor
    you mean like a mega umbreon that evolves at night and can use the move Eclipse that deals more damage at night if so that would be awesome also points for that Boktai reference :P

Yes me too I love the names already and I am a sucker for new starter pokemon.

Well the other leak was the fall pokemon release to be under the project working title "rainbow", a rainbow being made of 7 colours would suggest its a 7th generation pokemon rather than another iteration on the gen 6 games we got 3 years ago.

*I really just want some cool new ghost pokemon and a new region to explore.

you mean like a mega umbreon that can use the move Elclipse that deals more damage at night if so that would be awesome also points for that Boktai reference :P
    Well im only half joking about the boktai thing. The big problem with night and day systems before was depending on when you played you were screwed. God knows back in like 2001 trying to get home from school for things like the goldenrod pokemon groomer to try and get a happiness evolution was tedium. But in a night and day themed game with a solar sensor-which lets be honest could just be the cameras built into the 3ds you could base it on light level, not chronological time of day. And nintendo has always been big about giving kids a reason to play games outside. Might not be so crazy.

I would be disappointed if we found out tomorrow that weren't getting a third version or a sequel; X/Y left so many plotholes and cliffhangers it's feels unfinished. What about the new Zygarde formes? If a new generation is announced tomorrow, this will be the first time in the twenty years of Pokemon history that a new forme for a Pokemon was introduced in the anime that didn't make it into the games during it's own generation. What about Malva? Looker let her off the hook for the time being but nothing more about her backstory was revealed. Looker's amnesia? What happened to Lysandre after the events of a 'X? Did he survive (thanks to his newly found immortality)? Sycamore's mega evolution research storyline had a compelling beginning and... was completely forgotten about and never ended.

thought we would get the original games on our handhelds, shouldn't take too long so maybe there will be another series soon

Hopefully a massive improvement over X & Y which were utter bollocks.

So what do you think?, will it be a sequel to X and Y will this be this be the much rumored Z version?,or will it be a new generation for the NX coming soon?
    Doesn't matter what gen they are, they're 3DS games.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    I would be disappointed if we found out tomorrow that weren't getting a third version or a sequel; X/Y left so many plotholes and cliffhangers it's feels unfinished. What about the new Zygarde formes? If a new generation is announced tomorrow, this will be the first time in the twenty years of Pokemon history that a new forme for a Pokemon was introduced in the anime that didn't make it into the games during it's own generation. What about Malva? Looker let her off the hook for the time being but nothing more about her backstory was revealed. Looker's amnesia? What happened to Lysandre after the events of a 'X? Did he survive (thanks to his newly found immortality)? Sycamore's mega evolution research storyline had a compelling beginning and... was completely forgotten about and never ended.
    Well with most pokemon games they sorta let plot holes open for a few games and fill them later like with the Rival from Gold and Silver you learn 2 games later hes related to Giovanni and even then its rumored and it was till the remakes that they confirmed he had a relation to Giovanni and even then its not said what that relation is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Doesn't matter what gen they are, they're 3DS games.
    If thats true we might get them even sooner than expected
    Last edited by Karamaru; 2016-02-25 at 10:20 PM.

If thats true we might get them even sooner than expected
    Not really. Black & White came out on the DS like a month before the 3DS launched, Black and White 2 came out on the DS already a good ways into the life of the 3DS.

The Pokemon Company is not wholey owned by Nintendo, and operate much like a 3rd party in that it's not their job to move hardware. They won't move onto the next system until it has a significant install base.

IDK, most gens have the "extra" game that adds a bit from the previous ones based on the same region.

R/B had Y.
    G/S had C.
    R/S had E.
    D/P had Pt.
    B/W can be considered the breaking away but still had B2/W2. I would be surprised if X/Y didn't get Z. Too much history and logic dictate it to be so.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    IDK, most gens have the "extra" game that adds a bit from the previous ones based on the same region.

R/B had Y.
    G/S had C.
    R/S had E.
    D/P had Pt.
    B/W can be considered the breaking away but still had B2/W2. I would be surprised if X/Y didn't get Z. Too much history and logic dictate it to be so.
    As with B/W, I think they may actually do some variation here. Like you said, there is history - the said history proved that they can do plot twists. We just have to see if they'll follow a past formula, or go original with something we've never seen.

Maybe no direct sequel to X/Y, skiping to a new setting already?
    Maybe they'll do Delta Emerald instead!

The possibilities.

7+ Year Old Account
    This actually looks pretty cool, I love the way the logos look. If this is real (Which it hopefully is!), I can definitely see a lot of people being interested in the Moon, it looks very nice. Hopefully the Gen. 7 Pokemon will look good too, because I can't imagine what they could possibly come up with design-wise at this point (What with 700 Pokemon already) without perhaps creating a new type, like people have said.