Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Apparently you can fly in Tyria now...

In Central Tyria *** sorry for the title error

Someone wil probably make a winter patch thread, but while this doesn't happen, there you go.

In our very first quarterly update of 2016, you’ll be able to take to the skies of Central Tyria, do battle against a deadlier Shatterer, organize your squad with map markers and promotions, summon an old friend to fight beside you in Stronghold, celebrate traditional Lunar New Year festivities, and more!

Yeah, we seem to have lost Karizee to make dedicated threads.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I want to know how they are flying so darn high over Divinity's Reach and Lion's Arch in the video when they just said in the dev blog that they wouldn't be adding any updrafts to Central Tyria...

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    I want to know how they are flying so darn high over Divinity's Reach and Lion's Arch in the video when they just said in the dev blog that they wouldn't be adding any updrafts to Central Tyria...
    Dev hax : P

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    that seems like "gliding",. not flying ?
    "Falling with style"

Ok, ressing a bit of an old thread. It seems like flying doesn't work around jumping puzzles. It makes sense but there is nothing that quite beats that feeling when you are 3/4 of the way through a high jumping puzzle and decide to just glide across a bit and find out that gliding doesn't work

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Ok, ressing a bit of an old thread. It seems like flying doesn't work around jumping puzzles. It makes sense but there is nothing that quite beats that feeling when you are 3/4 of the way through a high jumping puzzle and decide to just glide across a bit and find out that gliding doesn't work
    there should be an indicator among your boons/conditions strip. It's a symbol of a glider with and X I believe that shows you can't glide in the area

Did some research. It's a symbol of a basic glider but no X on it. Source: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gliding_Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    there should be an indicator among your boons/conditions strip. It's a symbol of a glider with and X I believe that shows you can't glide in the area

Did some research. It's a symbol of a basic glider but no X on it. Source: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gliding_Disabled
    Cool, thanks. It makes a lot of sense not to allow gliding around jumping puzzles but you can imagine my panic when the gliding didn't kick in. The worst part is that as an engineer, I could have just done a shotgun jump if I was even a little bit worried about the jump.
    Last edited by Gray_Matter; 2016-05-09 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Cool, thanks. It makes a lot of sense not to allow gliding around jumping puzzles but you can imagine my panic when the gliding didn't kick in. The worst part is that as an engineer, I could have just done a shotgun jump if I was even a little bit worried about the jump.
    There are a few random jumping puzzles where you can use your glider which is sometimes good and sometimes a problem >< Also some jumping puzzles have gliders disabled for certain parts, so it's always a good idea to keep an eye on your boon bar.

I can imagine that some puzzles would be harder with a glider than just normal jumping.

Gliders have been pretty fun overall. They disable them in certain areas like jumping puzzles. It's a nice mix of experiencing the world from above but not disconnecting you from it.