Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I made an Idea for a Starwars MMO

First of all: I was bored so I made this. I have had photshop for 1 day so don't judge. Im very bad with it. This is just the rough concept, I expect the combat to be Skyrim like/ish. What do you think?

An'u belore delen'na

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Except the fact that Swtor is garbage, Shit engine, Reskinned wow, 0 new inovative or original ideas, The game looks like it came out in 2005 and runs badly on a 980
    An'u belore delen'na

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Overmind View Post
    Except the fact that Swtor is garbage, Shit engine, Reskinned wow, 0 new inovative or original ideas, The game looks like it came out in 2005 and runs badly on a 980
    Well it came from EA.

Reskinned WoW? How so?

Where are your innovative/original ideas?

This is a total bait thread... is it closed yet?

Well it came from EA.

Reskinned WoW? How so?

Where are your innovative/original ideas?

This is a total bait thread... is it closed yet?
    Why are you such a doucebag either way? I'm not forcing you to be here
    An'u belore delen'na

They have one already and it sucks like most Star Wars games which is too bad because I love Star Wars.

Alright folks, let's keep things respectful and on-topic. If you have nothing to contribute but a snide remark, rethink posting.

SWToR isn't that bad, and it's definitely more original than the 500 other WoW clones out there. If only for the story telling alone already, the latest expac was one of the most enjoyable games I've ever played.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    He's a forum troll, he goes around pretty much every thread and insults people just for having an opinion that differs from him. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought it was Det on a new account.

OT, i would like a different MMO that isnt SWTOR, but sadly EA has the "rights" to Star Wars for another Decade, don't get your hopes up any time soon...
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    You might want to check yourself. Your first reply was off the chart on the d-bag scale.

If you want to share your ideas where the only responses are unanimous agreement and praise for your wonderful thoughts and ideas, perhaps you should start a blog. But if you are going to post in forums people are going to have different opinions and you need to develop a thicker skin.

I mean I quite literally only pointed out the obvious, which is that a Star Wars MMO already exists.

You snapped back with your asshole statement, and I replied to your own douche baggery.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    He's a forum troll, he goes around pretty much every thread and insults people just for having an opinion that differs from him. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought it was Det on a new account.

OT, i would like a different MMO that isnt SWTOR, but sadly EA has the "rights" to Star Wars for another Decade, don't get your hopes up any time soon...
    Oh the irony of YOU calling ME a forum troll is just juicy.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-03-07 at 06:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh? Is there something big man with the right opinions about everything has to say because I called him out?
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Deleted
    SWToR is reskinned WoW but with a bad engine resulting in a nightmare in fps making PvP and PvE unbearable. I still play it for leveling and lore/character story, but after that I just stop for a while till more quests are revealed.

As for OP post, if they made a SW MMO again I'd prefer something like Star Citizen where you have the chance to get your own ship aswell as first-person/third-person action. Star Citizen seems like a great idea minus the buying ships for real cash. Having 5000 planets is too many to be honest even if we the technology, a handful of greatly designed planets would already be something.
    Last edited by mmoc1647d17dd8; 2016-03-07 at 07:03 PM.

Final warning because I hate handing out infractions. Stay on-topic and respectful (even if you disagree) or the infraction train starts up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a generic idea to me under the guise of claiming 'This feature will be good' without any details.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh? Is there something big man with the right opinions about everything has to say because I called him out?
    Ya there is this little story of the pot calling the kettle black you should look into.

You make it sound as if I'm the only one on these forums that posts their own opinions as if they are right. Wouldn't that describe every post here? Unless of course you are insinuating that I am posting things contrary to my own opinion just to provoke a negative reaction... that would be trolling. Which btw I hope you enjoy your ban because I am quite certain calling someone a troll... is an actionable offense.

Please post productively and on-topic. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2016-03-07 at 07:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh.... I thought you were talking about OP for a second there......

OT: This is basically SWToR
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

You might want to check yourself. Your first reply was off the chart on the d-bag scale.

If you want to share your ideas where the only responses are unanimous agreement and praise for your wonderful thoughts and ideas, perhaps you should start a blog. But if you are going to post in forums people are going to have different opinions and you need to develop a thicker skin.

I mean I quite literally only pointed out the obvious, which is that a Star Wars MMO already exists.

You snapped back with your asshole statement, and I replied to your own douche baggery.

- - - Updated - - -

An'u belore delen'na

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphalitz View Post
    SWToR is reskinned WoW but with a bad engine resulting in a nightmare in fps making PvP and PvE unbearable. I still play it for leveling and lore/character story, but after that I just stop for a while till more quests are revealed.

As for OP post, if they made a SW MMO again I'd prefer something like Star Citizen where you have the chance to get your own ship aswell as first-person/third-person action. Star Citizen seems like a great idea minus the buying ships for real cash.

I'm the type of person that generally despises in-game shops that sell items that change gaming experience.
    The story in phenomenal and a "huttball esque" PvP game is probably the number one requested PvP development item for WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

I would hardly call that a "reskin"

Character archetypes are borrowed across MMOs. You could make that comparison for just about every MMO on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Oh.... I thought you were talking about OP for a second there......

OT: This is basically SWToR
    You can't travel between planets or visit 6000 planets in shit swor, there are no classes in this game either

- - - Updated - - -

The story in phenomenal and a "huttball esque" PvP game is probably the number one requested PvP development item for WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Character archetypes are borrowed across MMOs. You could make that comparison for just about every MMO on the market.
    Give me a fucking break, those abilities are a blatant ripoff you troll

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Can you ban this troll moderators
    An'u belore delen'na

10+ Year Old Account
    Give me a fucking break, those abilities are a blatant ripoff you troll
    Alright well enjoy your ban too I guess.

Lightning as a theme embodied dark side characters since 1983 (Return of the Jedi) that later became "Sith" with the prequels. When it comes time to make Star Wars into an mmo there are going to be strong resemblances to existing archetypes in other games. SWTOR does have unique and interesting elements, such as ranged tanks, energy based healing, flexible party sizes.

Whatever man its clear you're not really looking for discussion. I strongly encourage you to take my advice and start a blog.