Page 58 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    They are basically identical rights.
    Only when you choose a very screwed "basic of comparison".
    Read: No. They are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Only when you choose a very screwed "basic of comparison".
    Read: No. They are not.
    Yes, they are basically identical rights, which is why a lot of arguments against echo the anti-abortion stance.

It allows the same rights to both the man and the woman with regards to the responsibility of children. At the moment who has all the choice in the matter? While this would still give the advantage to the woman its as close to equal as currently possible.

Also: "Regardless of the semantic nonsense you're trying to hide behind?" is not a question. I'm not sure why you put a question mark at the end.
    They already have the same rights. Abortion is completely different and unrelated to parental responsibility.

It was a typo thanks for pointing it out. Although I am not sure why you needed to.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Trap them? Did they rape them? Nope.
    If they did the father still has to pay child support, even if he himself is a minor.

Yes, they are basically identical rights, which is why a lot of arguments against echo the anti-abortion stance.
    They already have the same rights.

men have all of the same rights that allow abortion.
    In case they had an unterus, just as women used to have in case they had a penis.

- - - Updated - - -

That you have to include "basically" should be a hint to you that it really, really is not.

Including "basically" there is just a more formal way of saying "if you squint" or "if you do not look to closely".
    In short: "basically" in that kind of sentence means "not".

7+ Year Old Account
    Wrong. Women can't force their partner to have sex with them, legally.
    And men can't force women to have sex with them, legally. Do you even hear yourself speak? Seriously, do you?

People like you make it sound like men are the sole perpetrators of sex and pregnancies, and women are completely without blame for an unexpected/unwanted one. It's such bullshit...

"Rabble rabble rabble! It's all men's fault! As such, women have should have COMPLETE AND UTTER CONTROL over the man's life, whether he steals their child and murders them or force them into a life of financial servitude! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE! Men are the evil, women are saints! Which is why they get to choose between extortion or murder!!!"
    "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through out political and culture life, nutured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" —Isaac Asimov

They already have the same rights.
    No, they do not. A woman has the right to abort a pregnancy or not. The fetus belongs to both parents.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    They already have the same rights. Abortion is completely different and unrelated to parental responsibility.

It was a typo thanks for pointing it out. Although I am not sure why you needed to.
    We have already established in this thread that abortion is linked to parental responsibility.

Based on your concerns with the word "imply" I felt you would welcome the correction.

No, they do not. A woman has the right to abort a pregnancy or not. The fetus belongs to both parents.

- - - Updated - - -

We have already established in this thread that abortion is linked to parental responsibility.

Based on your concerns with the word "imply" I felt you would welcome the correction.
    No. The fetus doesn't belong to both parents, and even if it did it would be immaterial to the discussion, because the fetus doesn't threaten the mans bodily autonomy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ol Scratch View Post
    And men can't force women to have sex with them, legally. Do you even hear yourself speak? Seriously, do you?

People like you make it sound like men are the sole perpetrators of sex and pregnancies, and women are completely without blame for an unexpected/unwanted one. It's such bullshit...

"Rabble rabble rabble! It's all men's fault! As such, women have should have COMPLETE AND UTTER CONTROL over the man's life, whether he steals their child and murders them or force them into a life of financial servitude! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE! Men are the evil, women are saints! Which is why they get to choose between extortion or murder!!!"
    You are objecting to my description of female on male rape as illegal? What?

Who is "we"? Repeating something erroneous does not make a fact.

Well at least you've got one thing right in this thread. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    In case they had an unterus, just as women used to have in case they had a penis.

- - - Updated - - -

That you have to include "basically" should be a hint to you that it really, really is not.

Including "basically" there is just a more formal way of saying "if you squint" or "if you do not look to closely".
    In short: "basically" in that kind of sentence means "not".
    No the man has he same right: the right of bodily autonomy.

- - - Updated - - -

Well at least you've got one thing right in this thread. Well done.
    He thinks if he just repeats something over and over it becomes "established" and he no longer has to make an argument for it.

life is hard don't have a baby if you can't provide for it.

I don't understand why a man can't decide that the cost of raising a child is to great and give up his rights and responsibilities to the child. It would then be the womans decision weather she could provide for the child if she couldn't then she should give the child up or abort.

more and more people(Single and married) are living off government welfare because they decided to have children that they couldn't provide for.

It is my belief that this irresponsible behavior is what is eroding america and breeding more and more irresponsible people who have grown accustomed to government support and aid.

I also know that this is not the case in every occurrence and is my own personal opinion. I just honestly think there is a growing trend of self irresponsibility. example you shouldn't take a loan to open a business if you know its doomed for failure and had no intention in paying back the loan only to file bankruptcy. maybe bad example but my brain can only express so well.

He thinks if he just repeats something over and over it becomes "established" and he no longer has to make an argument for it.
    When both sides agree to something I assume it is established within the confines of the thread. I realize it hurts for me to point out your hypocritical position but I hope you eventually come to terms with it.

Quote Originally Posted by drivec View Post
    life is hard don't have a baby if you can't provide for it.

I don't understand why a man can't decide that the cost of raising a child is to great and give up his rights and responsibilities to the child. It would then be the womans decision weather she could provide for the child if she couldn't then she should give the child up or abort.

more and more people(Single and married) are living off government welfare because they decided to have children that they couldn't provide for.

It is my belief that this irresponsible behavior is what is eroding america and breeding more and more irresponsible people who have grown accustomed to government support and aid.

I also know that this is not the case in every occurrence and is my own personal opinion. I just honestly think there is a growing trend of self irresponsibility. example you shouldn't take a loan to open a business if you know its doomed for failure and had no intention in paying back the loan only to file bankruptcy. maybe bad example but my brain can only express so well.
    Rates of small business entrepreneurship are actually higher in countries with stronger social safety nets,and intergenerational poverty is also lower in those countries, so your theory doesn't make sense.

Do you disagree with this statement:

Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    NEITHER parent keeps parental responsibility in the case of an abortion...
    An abortion and the parental responsibilities are absolutely linked together.

When both sides agree to something I assume it is established within the confines of the thread. I realize it hurts for me to point out your hypocritical position but I hope you eventually come to terms with it.
    Repeating that I'm a hypocrite over and over won't make it true, and since that's all you've done I'm assuming it's all you've got. Both parties have identical rights.

Repeating that I'm a hypocrite over and over won't make it true, and since that's all you've done I'm assuming it's all you've got. Both parties have identical rights.
    Repeating that both parties have identical rights does not make it true. You have already demonstrated in this thread that you are a hypocrite.

Do you disagree with this statement:

An abortion and the parental responsibilities are absolutely linked together.
    You can't have parental responsibilities when you never became a parent.

- - - Updated - - -

Repeating that both parties have identical rights does not make it true. You have already demonstrated in this thread that you are a hypocrite.
    What right does the man not have? They both have a right to bodily integrity.

You can't have parental responsibilities when you never became a parent.
    Exactly and aborting your parental responsibilities and rights before birth means you never became a parent.

- - - Updated - - -

What right does the man not have? They both have a right to bodily integrity.
    The ultimate decision of whether they will be a parent or not.

Exactly and aborting your parental responsibilities and rights before birth means you never became a parent.

- - - Updated - - -

The ultimate decision of whether they will be a parent or not.
    Nobody has that right.

What you are calling aborting your parental responsibilities just means putting the burden on everyone else. Those responsibilities don't go away. You just want me to pay for your shortly decision making.