Poll: What do you think of the Ashbringers current talent tree/skills?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deathtrigger View Post
    Wrath of the Ashbringer seems really cool tbh. All those abilities seem better than what we currently got. The main issue atm is animations.

https://youtu.be/mRxsYLyeVrg?t=622 (this ability could be cool) - Darion vs Lich king

https://youtu.be/mRxsYLyeVrg?t=687 (same again) - Tirion vs Lich King part 1

https://youtu.be/ExQT_31qRBs?t=188 (similar ability) - Tirion vs Lich King part 2#

This leaping strike have been referenced AGAIN and AGAIN with ashbringer wielders. THERE is there gap-closer we are crying out for.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, you notice Tirion's Ashbringer lighting up on the 3rd video? That could be what it looks like when we have 3HP+ to show its EMPOWERED with light.
    I like the Cone attack idea for Wake of Ashes but a thought hit me.

-Wake of Ashes: Make it a leap to the target like Heroic Leap right? Have the same CD, same effect but a leap into battle and you target the enemy to leap at them. Once you do it ignites them and the things around them in a blaze of that holy fire we so love.

-Divine Tempest: I swear this needs to be a talent.

-Righteous Fire: The hat tip to Mograine's signature ability and the old Ashbringer proc.

-Seal of the Ashbringer: The lightning effect that was mentioned before but it should be activated by Judgment.

-Wrath of the Ashbringer: We all can agree on this one.

-Echo of the Highlord: Now this one is interesting, personally I believe that what you do should echo in a remnant of a past wielder. For Damage it would be Mograine and for healing it should be Tirion. So lets say you do a damage dealing holy power consumer the Echo of the Highlord activates and you can do another Holy Power consumer that deals damage for free right after but the free one doesnt proc it. For Tirion it would be when you do any healing spell you can cast it against instant and free immediately after. So Blaze of Light followed by instant Blaze of Light etc. The Animation should make your weapon blaze with light.

Current crap like slam Ashbringers into the target and what not... no. They have cool things in the datafiles ffs

- - - Updated - - -

But without a shadow of a doubt those animations need to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zartorus View Post
    Echo of the Highlord: Just the same as with WoA. The dancing Rune weapon model , lack of any sound effect or any additional effect is screaming placeholder. But most importantly for the Talent in itself , the lack of real damage from the abilite. As it is , the damage it is inflicting is just pathetic and with this i question if it is going to be replaced by something different or if at some time there will be an actuall visual added into it and the damage will be adjusted later in the Beta. - The latter is somewhat questionable from a logical point of view for the sake of rets balance. So i wonder.
    ya was thinking just change or even leave the name echo and just give us a free Tv/DS buff 2 seconds after we use the skill there its not to bursty that its unhealable and it would gain from our mastery as well still stays with what it does but it isn't ashbringer using the skill

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/search?q=ashb...pells:0+1+17+2

Look at all these spells that were added into a prior build in the Alpha however they havent seen the light of day at all.

Notable ones
    -Seal of the Ashbringer
    -Wrath of the Ashbringer (An exact copy of your Wrath of the Ashbringer)
    -Fury of the Ashbringer
    -Ashbringer's Judgment

I love your variant of Wake of Ashes. If they do Seal of the Ashbringer it needs to function to where your Judgment activates it for X seconds or something. The rest of it plug in where ever but this stuff IS in game files.
    All of those abilities sound amazing , why the feck didnt blizz give us to us? Oh wait now I know, blizz fecking hates ret.

Deleted
    Wrath of the Ashbringer seems really cool tbh. All those abilities seem better than what we currently got. The main issue atm is animations.

https://youtu.be/mRxsYLyeVrg?t=622 (this ability could be cool for us) - Darion vs Lich King

https://youtu.be/mRxsYLyeVrg?t=687 (same again) - Tirion vs Lich King pt1 (my favourite one, I like the flash on strike)

https://youtu.be/ExQT_31qRBs?t=188 (and same again) - Tirion vs Lich King pt2

This leaping strike have been referenced AGAIN and AGAIN with Ashbringer wielders. THERE is there gap-closer we are crying out for.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, you notice Tirion's Ashbringer lighting up on the 3rd video? That could be what it looks like when we have 3HP+ to show its EMPOWERED with light.
    https://youtu.be/mRxsYLyeVrg?t=1132 AND ANOTHER ONE!

Deleted

https://youtu.be/mRxsYLyeVrg?t=622 (this ability could be cool for us) - Darion vs Lich King

https://youtu.be/mRxsYLyeVrg?t=687 (same again) - Tirion vs Lich King pt1 (my favourite one, I like the flash on strike)

https://youtu.be/ExQT_31qRBs?t=188 (and same again) - Tirion vs Lich King pt2

This leaping strike have been referenced AGAIN and AGAIN with Ashbringer wielders. THERE is there gap-closer we are crying out for.

- - - Updated - - -

The last 2 do look very cool , something we need to work properly imo. The animation on the ashbringer in the last link looks so damn GOOD!

- - - Updated - - -

I had to mute that one instantly;/

Quote Originally Posted by Enril View Post
    All of those abilities sound amazing , why the feck didnt blizz give us to us? Oh wait now I know, blizz fecking hates ret.
    Someone needs to bring this stuff up on the Alpha forums at least and ask why these are not in yet.

It would make more sense to turn into Alexandros the original Ashbringer, but I wouldnt want that , a cool animation for being empowered by the holy light would be much better.
    Agreed, really hope we get that but I have that feeling that we might not, although frost DKs have that frost patch that grows under them so maybe we will get something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulthane View Post
    wowhead.com/search?q=ashbringer#spells:0+1+17+2

Look at all these spells that were added into a prior build in the Alpha however they havent seen the light of day at all.

Notable ones
    -Seal of the Ashbringer
    -Wrath of the Ashbringer (An exact copy of your Wrath of the Ashbringer)
    -Fury of the Ashbringer
    -Ashbringer's Judgment

I love your variant of Wake of Ashes. If they do Seal of the Ashbringer it needs to function to where your Judgment activates it for X seconds or something. The rest of it plug in where ever but this stuff IS in game files.
    Yeah, That's where i took allot of inspiration and ideas, because i want to stick as close as possible to Blizzard current ideas.
    Nice of you to notices, that means you really dig and care about this class.

Would u mind to leave your thoughts about this one to?

mmo-champion.com/threads/1963742-By-the-light-we-shall-prevail!

Greetings, Baltimus(bruh).

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimus View Post
    Yeah, That's where i took allot of inspiration and ideas, because i want to stick as close as possible to Blizzard current ideas.
    Nice of you to notices, that means you really dig and care about this class.

Would u mind to leave your thoughts about this one to?

mmo-champion.com/threads/1963742-By-the-light-we-shall-prevail!

Greetings, Baltimus(bruh).
    Will do, and yea i have been following every patch note and i have to shake my damn head at half of the crap.

Overall i think it's "ok".
    There four traits that could/should be changed:

Echo of the Highlord:
    It's more like an additiona Autohit, and not a copy. Also a copy would also copy the heal (from Divine Storm). If not, the damage must be copied by the same amount (i'm ok it a critical strike doesn't).

Divine Tempest:
    It does only throw 2 small Storms away from you, they do a good amount of damage, but that's all. It's not like the tooltip says, kinda weird.
    Why not really throws DS 20y away from us (with it's 8y range)?

Deflection:
    Buff it to 30 seconds, and it'll be fine. They Artefact-Power isn't worth spending it on this trait.

Protector of the Ashen Blade:
    Buff it to 1/2 min and it'll be fine. Same here for the Artefact-Power.

For the visuals part, we need the WotLK DS animation back in all its glory. Also, some kind of mechanic that sets the target on fire with silver flames. The Cata TV animation was good too, use it for something.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone made a post about Alexandros Mograine in one of the other threads. That pretty much nails it on the head.
    Patience is a virtue. I never claimed to be virtuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Dremall View Post
    Someone made a post about Alexandros Mograine in one of the other threads. That pretty much nails it on the head.
    Which thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dremall View Post
    This perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    From the SM Cathedral event:

"A knight of unwavering faith and purity... In its infancy, the Crusade was a noble order. The madness and insane zealotry that you see now did not exist..."

"Mograine was called the Ashbringer because of his exploits versus the armies of the Lich King. With only blade and faith, Mograine would walk into whole battalions of undead and emerge unscathed - the ashes of his foes being the only indication that he had been there at all. Do you not understand? The very face of death feared him! It trembled in his presence!"

"Would you believe that there were a thousand or more Scourge? ... This was the Ashbringer, fool! As the Scourge began to materialize around us, Mograine's blade began to glow... to hum... A thousand came and a thousand died. By the Light! By the might of Mograine! He would smite them down as fast as they could come."

+ + +

And the comics...

"There are those who believe that master dwarven blacksmiths possess the ability to impart emotions into the blades they shape. Magni Bronzebeard never too much stock in the claims. Nevertheless, as he stands now holding the orb, thinking of the brother he will never see again, Magni harnesses all of his rage, his fury, his desire for vengeance. He calls upon them, wills them into being. He bellows a warcry that echoes in the vastness of the Great Forge... and he brings the hammer down. Again, and again... and again."

"The knights of the once proud Order of the Silver Hand exact a furious retribution across the Plaguelands. And riding foremost among them is Alexandros Mograine: Vanquisher, Crusader, Deliverer. Scourge of the Scourge. The Ashbringer."

"Tell your master that a thousand of his minions will not suffice! I will deliver you all... and when I am done, I will stand... against a thousand more!"

+ + +

Not sure I've seen much of that in Ret for a good while TBH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Not sure I've seen much of that in Ret for a good while TBH.
    I totally agree. Ret is not a support spec and has never had any lore to say it is. It's always been presented as important role and brutal force in battle.

Deleted
    I totally agree. Ret is not a support spec and has never had any lore to say it is. It's always been presented as important role and brutal force in battle.
    Holy is a support not bloody ret , damn blizzard *shakes head*

Deleted
    Holy is a support not bloody ret , damn blizzard *shakes head*
    This is 100% true. Ret is a pure dps spec with some unity/healing. Holy is a support/healer (with some damage) spec according to lore. So much for "class fantasy"

This is 100% true. Ret is a pure dps spec with some unity/healing. Holy is a support/healer (with some damage) spec according to lore. So much for "class fantasy"
    Agreed 100%

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldon View Post
    Just like fire mages turn the corpses into smoldering corpses, the ashbringer should have a chance to turn your corpse into a pile of ash.
    That would remove some of the uniqueness of fire mages. But ashbringer should have some cool effect. The problem is, that since classic everyone have been ashbringer fan boys, and perhaps they expect it to be *more* than just a artifact. That it is more unique than the other artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    That would remove some of the uniqueness of fire mages. But ashbringer should have some cool effect. The problem is, that since classic everyone have been ashbringer fan boys, and perhaps they expect it to be *more* than just a artifact. That it is more unique than the other artifacts.
    Well if it does that it has to be against Undead, Demons etc only. Also I think another issue that you find is the fact as mentioned they are trying to force heavy support on ret where that is Holy job.