Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    I played roughly 3-4 hours, never played again. Didnt like it either.
    I think FF8 really got better with more hours playtime. While 7 was engaging from the first moment, 8 really took a long time to take off. The first hours with Balamb Garden are terribly boring.

@zealo: It's quite nice now. Not mindblowing amazing or anything, but it's definitely in a good state.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. All the Steam sale games that I never even installed.
    2. CoD Blackops. Made the same mistake with CoD A.W.
    3. Medal of Honor - Rising Sun it was called I believe? The one and only PS2 game I bought and returned 2 hours later because it was so bad.
    4. I could say WoW, for it has been part of my life for 10 years but next to all the stuff I turned away from I also had a lot of awesome moments. Love/Hate relation right here. Poor time management :-P
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Dragon Age 3. The only game I have preordered, and even got collectors edition. I even bought the books to read to get my DA fix while they were working on the third game. The first 2 I loved. The 3rd one was so far from the first two in terms of combat and the skill trees were pathetic. I was so excited for that game for so long, I don't know if I have ever been so disappointed by a game.

FF13... I think. The first one with lightning. I loved the ff games growing up but I missed out on 10-12 during my time in the service. My spare time was so rare I did not devote any of it to gaming. Needless to say I was not happy with the direction the series went.

Any number of games could take the third spot here, but none of them would come close to the first two in terms of regret/disappointment.

10+ Year Old Account
    GW2 - couple of friends persuaded me to buy it, even though I wasnt keen in the first place, said we would all play it together - I think I ended up playing about 5 minutes and got bored - and never got invited by those friends to play it anyway - was a waste of £20

Hunter| Warlock | Shaman | Paladin
    "In the light.. We are one"

Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    DARK SOULS 2. Complete and utter trash.
    Your opinion is low-quality, you shouldn't have it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Titanfall (used Origins 48 hour refund policy to get my money back)

Battlefield Hardline (again, used Origins 48 hour refund policy - or in this case, after one hour initiated the refund process)
    Titanfall was an awesome game, how didnt you like it (considering every other fps stole its idea of mobility)

Deleted
    There is only one game I paid full price which made me regret of the purchase.

Sim City

Then I also have a special Steam category for bad games, but thankfully these are all from sales or humblebundle.
    Just a few names:

Confrontation
    Democracy
    Dungeons
    Pix the Cat
    Star Ruler

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Brink - Almost unplayable due to the bugs and poor optimization.
    Brink was fun... but then after few weeks it was unplayable because of all the autoaim hacks. :/

Didn't have issues with bugs or optimization on my system (nVidia card.)

nearly every game in the last 6 years or so. only exceptions were: darksiders1, batman arkham assylum, driver san francisco and maybe gtaV.

games like battlefield4, ghosts, blackops, diablo3, tomb raider, mafia, deus ex, warlords of draenor, duke nukem forever and many many others are either hillarious loveless shit and easy as hell, with fun lost after 1-2 weeks, or full of bugs while laughable short and absurd overprized. or both.

game industry became a pile of shit since 2007+.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2016-03-15 at 11:31 AM.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ori and the Blind Forest. Beautiful game, but I find it a little boring by today's standarts. Dust is better in some aspects for me.
    Ori is still cool, though. By no means its a bad game, its just not a game for me.

Deleted
    Final Fantasy XIII. It represents everything a game shouldn't be. I can't take anyone who likes it seriously.

The Sims 4.
    I gave this a shot, I really did. The benefit of the doubt and all.
    But alas, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Legend of Zelda

I only regret it because the series is the best ever made and nothing has a chance of competing

I can only name two.

Dragon Age: Inquisition - I got it with a discount, and I think it still wasn't worth that price (gonna look up what's with the 48h return policy of Origin, if I buy anything from them yet). Since I heard Mass Effect 4/Andromeda is going to use the same engine, I'll be at least reluctant to buy it.

And WoD, ok, not a game but expansion, but whatever. First blizzard product I preordered. And a last one, ever.
    If I could get a refund for it and all the gametime I bought during, even losing all the WoD stuff, characters reverted to level 90 (60 in case of a boosted one) etc etc., I'd take it in a heartbeat (even though I'd also lose not just WoD only stuff like Archimonde HC mount, but also the green fire title "of the Black Harvest", as I boosted a warlock I was levelling).
    Last edited by Demoneq; 2016-03-15 at 11:49 AM.

1. Xenoblade Chronicles: Didn't like the combat and all the missions there were to do. Lesson learned, do your research before buying something.

2. Final Fantasy XII: Story was meh and overall the gameplay wasn't that good in my opinion. Lesson learned, just because parts of a franchise is to your liking, doesn't mean all the games are your cup of tea.

3. Guild Wars 2: Not sure if I did something entirely wrong, might be the case, but after finding everything (except maybe a couple events) in the first human zone, I still had to grind a couple levels to be properly set for moving on. Lesson learned, grinding mobs for levels still sucks hard in the bad way.

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls.

I bought this game for the story (yeah I know >.<) and that was over in 4 hours, killed Malthael as lvl 67 and havent logged in since.

Honorary mentions would be all the steam games I have bought in the past which I have never played nor intend to play, which includes: Frontlines: Fuel of War, Alien vs. Predator and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. All of those were on sale though, so it doesn't matter that much.

In the late years.. only Titanfall and Evolve came close to buyers regret.

Age of Conan.. I used like 2 hours in that game..
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

FFXIII and anything related to the brand poison that was 'the decade of lightning' that followed for the entirety of the PS3's lifespan.

Guild Wars 2 for being the most vapid, souless mmo experience i have ever played.

Amnesia the dark descent for being a linear series of hubs with one solution no fail state puzzles that wasnt scary or atmospheric in the slightest.

Easily the most disappointing games ive played in recent memory.

Fallout 4 - I really enjoyed it for the first 10 or so hours then I just stopped playing. It's not that I disliked the game I just think I am past playing open world adventure games like that.

Diablo 3 - I played a lot of D1/D2 back in the day. From the moment I started leveling I could tell this was different. I love the rune/talent system and being able to swap and how it changes the play style but got board of it very quickly. Again I think I just grew out of this, I have tried similar games and have not been able to get into them.

Guild Wars 2 - I got about 30 levels into this and then got turned off. What really bothered me about this was how your abilities changed based on what weapon you had equipped. The story didn't do very much for me either.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Stanley Parable.

It's not a game.