Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticusw View Post
    Every single streamer that has played the alpha has unrepentantly said the game is nowhere near beta. Nowhere. Near. Beta. There's still untextured areas, for god's sake.
    Well he won't help you in this case.
    As for your 'faith' in streamers, you are aware that Blizzard has builds that are further developed than the 'public' or testers in this case or your faithful streamers can actually experience don't you?
    It seems from your post that this isn't the case and that your cherished streamers and you have no clue.

Point being: that they are further along than people think.
    Or see for that matter.
    Or able to test.
    For all we know they could be 10's of builds ahead.
    If folks think that what the alpha testers are testing right now is also what Blizzard has available to them internally then go ahead and claim otherwise.
    Without proof.
    Last edited by Heeresman; 2016-03-15 at 09:47 AM.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    As for your 'faith' in streamers, you are aware that Blizzard has builds that are further developed than the 'public' or testers in this case or your faithful streamers can actually experience don't you?
    It seems from your post that this isn't the case and that your cherished streamers and you have no clue.

Or see for that matter.
    Or able to test.
    If folks think that what the alpha testers are testing right now is also what Blizzard has available to them internally then go ahead and claim otherwise.
    Without proof.
    Exactly, for all we know they have a beta version ready to deploy any moment now.

Or see for that matter.
    Or able to test.
    Without proof.
    In terms of classs changes/bug fixes/tuning/changes based on feedback, going by most recent blueposts, they're probably ahead: one build.
    In terms of world content, sure they may be ahead several "builds", but then it still begs the question, what's the reason for them not opening up a new zone in 1 1/2 months? Focused testing can only reasonably be given as an argument for short intervalls, unless you want to assume an absurdly long testing cycle (plan in 1 1/2 month for each zones left, add in other stuff - and you're not looking at any date prior to august)

Or see for that matter.
    Or able to test.
    Without proof.
    Everyone knows Blizzard has an internal build with more content... content that is NOT YET TESTED. And the more complete each build is, the longer it takes to test. You know when classes are able to one shot each other when released in a build... that it hasn't been even played, let alone tested.

Beta is WAYYYYYY off. Sometime in June at the earliest... with release right around when they stated... late September.

And it wouldn't surprise me that they cut features "to be released in a later content patch" in order to make THAT deadline.

Or see for that matter.
    Or able to test.
    Without proof.
    i think the one really making an extenuating leap of faith here is you, friend. you won't see Legion until either the announced date or later in october. habeeb it. at the moment, either opinion is conjecture based on expectation.

Well I don't plan to be dead when it's released so yes? I will still be around. But I'm going to resubscribe until it or the prepatch comes out obviously.

Or see for that matter.
    Or able to test.
    Without proof.
    Yes they probably how a general outline of the whole expansion already and maybe even placeholders for everything but they all need testing still.

Alpha and Beta tests don't tell you what they have already penciled out but they do show you what is ready for actual release in a playable and acceptable state which isn't much currently although it should be stated that the September release date is 6 months away and is likely to be the actual target date for release.

Them saying summer has done them no good as saying summer is a marketing ploy to string people along and make it feel closer when all it does is make people think they are waiting longer as most people associate summer with June, July time.

Note that September the 21st is the last day of summer.

The fact it has been said in the last few hours this is early alpha tells you all you need to know. Blizzard want to get it out asap as they a hemorrhaging subs which is why they stopped posting them and if they had more testable content in an acceptable state for testing it would be out there.

Frankly i hope it is September 21st they release it as it gives them the most time possible to actually create a decent expansion but if it isn't or it is in a bad way when it is released it simply shows Blizzard don't know what their doing anymore.

For those who say Alpha is the new Beta, dream on as they are different things.
    Alpha is a first pass tested by a limited number of people to find the obvious problems and show the basic principle where as Beta is effectively a stress test which prepares it truly for release and without proper beta test there is a high chance that problems will arise on actual release although considering the release of WoD and it's beta testing which pointed out numerous issues which were ignored and still released it is plausible to think that Blizzard have the capacity to rush the beta test again but if they do then again it shows they don't know what their doing anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely.

I'll have even more incentive to stick around if it means getting to experience the game without people like you whining at every turn!

I think they're doing ti the right way round.. the less players, especially hard core fans that get to tyr out legion, the more novel the experience would be.. and i think it's going to be necessary this time to impress everyone,

maybe managing it as an alpha with live streams is the best way, you can watch someone play, but you will only do that for a limited time, and even if you do that non-stop, it's not the same as playing it which is a novel experience.

it is the better approach.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be back for Legion, but I feel like this is the last shot. I've had an active sub for maybe three months of this awful expansion and I'm completely devoid of the normal desire to play again after a few months off. Either way, the time between expansions is just ridiculous and you lose a lot of your fire for the game just sitting around waiting.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.