Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Summoner View Post
    Ghost in the Shell (1995), Princess Mononoke (1997), Spirited Away (2001). I am indifferent to anime and I don't watch it, but I liked these three movies.
    Those are the exact three I watched as well. Highly recommended even for non Anime fans.

Btw, nothing is putting you more out there than sporting a club's logo. Bunch of wussies. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blame weebs

I don't really watch anime much, I do love the art style and usually I'm influenced by character designs in JRPGs more so than actual shows. But I do like Miyazaki's films and watched FMA:B several times through. I loved the story and theme of it. I also like older western shows like Batman:TAS, Gargoyles and Avatar. Also Animaniacs. They all have stories that even adults can like, so I don't see what makes them childish. 'Cause they're animated? Just another form of art, like theater, music, books, etc. The avatars I dislike and block are the ones that have close ups of insects, clowns and other things that freak me out. Also if there's a poster I can't stand and they keep replying, I end up blocking their avatar because it becomes that blur of color that angers me. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by kiananight View Post
    I don't really watch anime much, I do love the art style and usually I'm influenced by character designs in JRPGs more so than actual shows. But I do like Miyazaki's films and watched FMA:B several times through. I loved the story and theme of it. I also like older western shows like Batman:TAS, Gargoyles and Avatar. Also Animaniacs. They all have stories that even adults can like, so I don't see what makes them childish. 'Cause they're animated? Just another form of art, like theater, music, books, etc. The avatars I dislike and block are the ones that have close ups of insects, clowns and other things that freak me out. Also if there's a poster I can't stand and they keep replying, I end up blocking their avatar because it becomes that blur of color that angers me. /shrug
    10 posts? How can you have grudges with 10 posts? Are you the world champion of lurkers?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Those avatars can be creepy sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    10 posts? How can you have grudges with 10 posts? Are you the world champion of lurkers?
    Yeah, I lurk a lot. I don't like to throw any of my cents in topics here usually 'cause they can get pretty volatile from my observations.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post

I can see if you make fun of Elfman, because Fairy Tail is a sub par anime.

Fairy Tail?!!! I have cried to that Anime.... how dare you making fun of your own Anime avatar!!! ?????

Quote Originally Posted by kiananight View Post
    Yeah, I lurk a lot. I don't like to throw any of my cents in topics here usually 'cause they can get pretty volatile from my observations.
    At least this proves I'm not on your block list! Phew!

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't be on anyones block list, I mean, look at me. I'm fucking amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    Now I kinda want to.

Jon Snow, you know nothing. I heard you died

You're also dead. Goodbye, Jon Snow. I'll miss you. The pain is too real.

/blocklistengaged

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Now I kinda want to.
    You won't do it though. Bask in the glory of my avatar.
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    Jon Snow, you know nothing. I heard you died
    I'm just resting!

Quote Originally Posted by Heh View Post
    Is this the thread where people are proud of watching little animated girl's panties and stuff? Or being groped? Fuck me-desu!
    No, this is the thread where you in large categorical sweeps make uninformed statements that vilify your favourite out-group, anime nerds.

I mean, you might just have a point in there worthy of a proper discussion. But unless you do it without that palatable hateful rhetoric, you really just come off as a bully out to score easy internet prestige. Your post was worth about 17 prestige. Great job, we all now think you are more awesome!

--

Seriously though - I can and do understand this sentiment. There are parts of anime that freaks me the heck out. Things that make me embarrassed to nominally be of the same species as whomever made this crap. But nobody thinks cinematic movies are for freaks and degenerates just because "a serbian film" (don't google it) exists. Why is anime really treated differently? I think it all boils down to simple prejudice.

Just like within movies, anime have their various sub-fandoms. Yes, there are some people that are into the too-awful-to-talk-about stuff. Some of it seeps in to general anime forums. Almost all of it is playing the stereotype for fun, but there are a few corner cases where it admittedly is very hard to tell, and I can see where that makes bystanders worried. The point is, anime nerds just do not talk about anime openly to people not into anime (we learn after one failed conversation on the topic). Instead we stick to that discussion to amongst ourselves. On appropriate forums.

Most people in the anime fandom are actually not particularly creepy, muchin the same way most people who read Marvel or DC comics aren't the comic book guy from the simpsons. The impression the stereotype leaves lingers though, and that is a stigma we'll have to live with. But the only people who maintain this stigma are people who never watched any anime in the first place, and just want to bash someone. I really wonder why this is necessary. Is comments like the one I quoted above actually helping anyone?
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    You won't do it though. Bask in the glory of my avatar.

I'm just resting!
    Damn it!

Called out my bluff, its the sig that saves you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    I see posters occasionally give others shit about it. I'm sick of it..
    Honestly for me it's the anime girls/children. Those posters seem to be mostly racists, sexists, pedos, borderline nazis, whatever.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-03-15 at 12:46 PM.

I'm just resting!
    Please let that be true. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I thought they were cartoon avatars.... Anime and cartoons are the same thing... right?
    Anime = Animation. Animation = Cartoons. Pretty much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Damn it!

Called out my bluff, its the sig that saves you.
    Everybody loves Deadpool.
    @Jester Joe