Page 59 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    P.P.S. Gray is strong and if he had his Demon Slayer powers I would have called him on par with Natsu pre-one year training time skip. I don't think that's the case anymore.
    He is Ice Demon Slayer. Those powers didn't go anywhere.

Both the fact that he can freeze people like that (that's no Ice Make) and that he can control the black markings caused by the demon aspect mean that he is still fully a Demon Slayer.

I suspect that in their battle in Hargeon, Gray will eat Lyon's Ice Make to gain a power boost to beat one of teh yet unnamed Spriggans there.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2016-03-14 at 01:01 AM.

Deleted
    It's incredibly difficult to rank them because there's no consistency. If we're talking about them being compared not in a fight:

1. Gildarts
    2. Laxus
    3. Natsu
    4. Erza
    5. Mira
    6. Gray | Gazille
    7. Lucy

But I don't think Erza could ever lose to any opponent the author makes her fight. I know you could say that about any character's fight, but Erza especially has plot armor like crazy. I don't think she's stronger than Natsu though.

P.S. Natsu has been stronger than Gazille since the Grand Magic Tournament.
    P.P.S. Gray is strong and if he had his Demon Slayer powers I would have called him on par with Natsu pre-one year training time skip. I don't think that's the case anymore.
    I doubt that Gildarts is above Laxus.I think Hades said that Laxus was on Gildarts level during Tenrou arc.heck,Laxus can even dominate a Spriggan easily while greatly weakened by those particles.I would still put Erza above Natsu.she has a counter against him.in fact she has a counter against anyone,not to mention that armor(forgot its name).she can even fight without any senses and with the pain sensitivity that even a small blow of wind can feel as if someone break your bones.now imagine what kind of pain would it be if someone punches you.Erza can not only fight but she can even win that fight as she already did.although I admit,that fight was the greatest PIS in all of Fairy Tail series.

1.Laxus
    2.Gildarts
    3.Erza
    4.Gray/Natsu/Gajeel
    5.Mira
    6.Wendy
    7.Lucy
    Last edited by mmocbee06df292; 2016-03-14 at 01:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Nope, Gildarts is so strong that they need to keep him away from the entire fucking story, unlike Laxus.
    Gildarts was the strongest before.everyone was training since then.my bet is that Gildarts will appear in this arc.also,Gildarts was struggling against Bluenote while Laxus fought Hades equally although he lost in the end.since then,Laxus became significantly more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I suspect that in their battle in Hargeon, Gray will eat Lyon's Ice Make to gain a power boost to beat one of teh yet unnamed Spriggans there.
    What if Gray eats the ice of Invel, the Winter general? Although i doubt it will be that easily vs him, seeing how he seems to be the right hand of Zeref.

It's difficult to compare the Gildarts vs Bluenote and Hades vs Laxus seeing how Gildarts had to fight a bit without his magic power.

I still would put Gildarts above Laxus, mostly because of the core of Gildarts his magic which just fucks other people their magic.

I'd also still put Gildarts above Laxus mostly cause of Gildarts experience, and have we seen him go all out? Seeing how the Spriggan 12 are a big joke of those we saw...
    But we see so little of Gildarts, it's a shame.

As for this chapter; Jacob is seen as a assassin magic user, but used space-time magic to send them to whatever that realm between live and death was called to let them die there? Bit weird but okay.

And August is nearby too... Oh boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Gildarts is still above Laxus but not by much.Laxus is pretty close.Laxus only has 2 advantages and that is speed and Fairy Law but then again,Hades said that he is on the level of Gildarts.that is the only statement we have.God Serena,Dimaria and August could beat both Laxus and Gildarts.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2016-03-14 at 08:05 PM.

Why are we not talking about the new chapter?

1. Assassin showing up before August is dumb. Why would you even separate? I get they're all powerful individually but come on. Unless August is doing something to track Ack then there's no reason they should show up at different times.
    2. The bar girl should have given him alcohol and played nice with him for a bit.
    3. Clock magic saves the day again and makes them naked. Lol.
    4. I barely recognized Lucy. So many random blondes that look alike in this manga zzz.
    5. Natsu showing up to help Lucy was dumb. I was hoping Lucy would shine alone. But from the second Natsu also was in the clock I knew this would be his fight.
    6. Wtf at Natsu's scar. I was looking back and remember him getting cut there, but for there to be such a huge mark on his face...ouch. I know he had one on his neck, plus he got on on his abdomen from the fight with Future Rogue, but one of Zeref's dumb punches did that.

Why are we not talking about the new chapter?

1. Assassin showing up before August is dumb. Why would you even separate? I get they're all powerful individually but come on. Unless August is doing something to track Ack then there's no reason they should show up at different times.
    2. The bar girl should have given him alcohol and played nice with him for a bit.
    3. Clock magic saves the day again and makes them naked. Lol.
    4. I barely recognized Lucy. So many random blondes that look alike in this manga zzz.
    5. Natsu showing up to help Lucy was dumb. I was hoping Lucy would shine alone. But from the second Natsu also was in the clock I knew this would be his fight.
    6. Wtf at Natsu's scar. I was looking back and remember him getting cut there, but for there to be such a huge mark on his face...ouch. I know he had one on his neck, plus he got on on his abdomen from the fight with Future Rogue, but one of Zeref's dumb punches did that.
    1. He is a assassin, and like he said; he prefers to move alone. Could be he has some magic that allows him to move quickly.
    And seeing how they are supposed to be able to beat weaker people, especially a assassin who can send a whole guild to a different dimension, he would not need August (for now).
    2. Yeah she should have, but even Makarov didn't want to. If i had a enemy walk in like that, telling how useless your map is and just asking for a drink cause he respects his elderly.
    3. Kinda bullshit he can still come out on his own like that...
    4. She was even shown in the beginning O.O
    5. Yeah. One moment he was in a coma, almost dead cause of overuse magic tumor, and now he is going to fight a enemy already...? Come on.
    6. I already forgot he got cut. But didn't even look too much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    If he was close to Laxus, there would be no reason to keep off the story, he could just be there fighting alongside them… He isn’t, never really was, because it would make it just too damn easy. In a simple way…

Laxus is the guy who attempted to destroy Magnolia.
    Gildarts is the guy who attempts to NOT destroy Magnolia.
    if that is the case then he is stronger than Acnologia,lol.Gildarts just have that type of magic.that doesn't mean he is stronger.

I believe Hades words rather than our view.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    1. He is a assassin, and like he said; he prefers to move alone. Could be he has some magic that allows him to move quickly.
    And seeing how they are supposed to be able to beat weaker people, especially a assassin who can send a whole guild to a different dimension, he would not need August (for now).
    2. Yeah she should have, but even Makarov didn't want to. If i had a enemy walk in like that, telling how useless your map is and just asking for a drink cause he respects his elderly.
    3. Kinda bullshit he can still come out on his own like that...
    4. She was even shown in the beginning O.O
    5. Yeah. One moment he was in a coma, almost dead cause of overuse magic tumor, and now he is going to fight a enemy already...? Come on.
    6. I already forgot he got cut. But didn't even look too much into it.
    you are surprised????this is Natsu,lol.he was meant to beat anyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    if that is the case then he is stronger than Acnologia,lol.Gildarts just have that type of magic.that doesn't mean he is stronger.

I believe Hades words rather than our view.
    and Laxus was weakened by those particles for over a year.even during the Tartarus Arc he can defeat a Demon without breaking a sweat and can dominate a Spriggan easily while being weakened.Laxus had a bigger handicap than Gildarts.we have a statement that Laxus is on the level of Gildarts.there is no statement that Gildarts is above Laxus.they only said that in a filler episode where Natsu was defeated by Laxus in one blow when someone said that only Gildarts can take on Laxus.

I don't really remember Laxus being compared to Gildarts, besides when Mistgun said "lol fool Gildarts is stronger than both of us."

Deleted
    I don't really remember Laxus being compared to Gildarts, besides when Mistgun said "lol fool Gildarts is stronger than both of us."
    Hades said it when they fought although I think that was only in the anime but from what I heard Hiro is heavily involved with the anime so you can consider that to be true.even if you don't he still faced off against Hades himself and dominated him until he got trapped into that spell.

Deleted
    I'm surprised that no one mentioned that Jacob could attack Mavis.also,I hope that Natsu doesn't defeat Jacob easily or even alone.Lucy should help him.and where the hell is Acnologia???is he really that slow????
    Last edited by mmocbee06df292; 2016-03-15 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonBallfan View Post
    Hades said it when they fought although I think that was only in the anime but from what I heard Hiro is heavily involved with the anime so you can consider that to be true.even if you don't he still faced off against Hades himself and dominated him until he got trapped into that spell.
    Can't find it in the manga. Must be anime only then.

He did dominate Hades up to a certain point, but so did Natsu... :P

I'm surprised that no one mentioned that Jacob could attack Mavis.also,I hope that Natsu doesn't defeat Jacob easily or even alone.Lucy should help him.and where the hell is Acnologia???is he really that slow????
    The guy is a assassin who sends people to a different realm between the living and dead. It would be kinda strange if he did not sense her. The skull in his forehead also makes me think he can maybe talk to spirits or something.
    Maybe he can cross the realm itself too and move faster to different locations because of it.

I hope Natsu collapses and that Lucy has a chance to finally show how strong she has become now.

Acnologia has no interest in the current war, he is only after the Dragonslayers. Then he might fight anybody else.

Deleted
    Can't find it in the manga. Must be anime only then.

He did dominate Hades up to a certain point, but so did Natsu... :P
    Hades rekt Erza,Lucy,Gray,Wendy and Natsu when he actually tried.Natsu only did that because Laxus gave him his lightning and he didn't really beat him.Laxus lost against Hades because he was caught up into that spell.

ok I do admit that Gildarts is still above Laxus but not by much.I would say that he is close.we still have that Red Lightning thing to explore.

The guy is a assassin who sends people to a different realm between the living and dead. It would be kinda strange if he did not sense her. The skull in his forehead also makes me think he can maybe talk to spirits or something.
    Maybe he can cross the realm itself too and move faster to different locations because of it.

I hope Natsu collapses and that Lucy has a chance to finally show how strong she has become now.

Acnologia has no interest in the current war, he is only after the Dragonslayers. Then he might fight anybody else.
    I agree.I mean,she is the main protagonist and she is basically always saved in every Arc.I also have a feeling that Mavis will be revived or something like that.

true although Acnologia should appear before August and Jacob even got to Magnolia city.heck,he appeared in front of God Serena pretty fast.its weird as hell that he needs such a long time to locate another Dragonslayer.
    Last edited by mmocbee06df292; 2016-03-15 at 03:33 PM.

I'm surprised that no one mentioned that Jacob could attack Mavis.
    I was curious about it too but then I was like ehhhhhhh his magic is about "space" and he just checked like the whole space around the guild to get everyone so maybe he sensed the distortion in space.

Good luck with that. Lucy rolls in and kicks the guy, then he throws a simple throwing knife and she flinches and throws her arms up. Lol....

Hades rekt Erza,Lucy,Gray,Wendy and Natsu when he actually tried.Natsu only did that because Laxus gave him his lightning and he didn't really beat him.Laxus lost against Hades because he was caught up into that spell.
    It's Laxus's own fault he couldn't dodge. Getting hit by an attack isn't an excuse to losing.

Although if this manga even made sense (not that many do in this factor) Hades would use that same spell on everyone and just pull a hidden blade out of his cane and slit everyone's throats. But noooooooooooo the villain suddenly doesn't want to use a strong power again when it comes to the main character.

Deleted
    I was curious about it too but then I was like ehhhhhhh his magic is about "space" and he just checked like the whole space around the guild to get everyone so maybe he sensed the distortion in space.

Good luck with that. Lucy rolls in and kicks the guy, then he throws a simple throwing knife and she flinches and throws her arms up. Lol....

It's Laxus's own fault he couldn't dodge. Getting hit by an attack isn't an excuse to losing.

Although if this manga even made sense (not that many do in this factor) Hades would use that same spell on everyone and just pull a hidden blade out of his cane and slit everyone's throats. But noooooooooooo the villain suddenly doesn't want to use a strong power again when it comes to the main character.
    it was more of a plot thing so that Natsu can be a hero,like always.just wait when Natsu one shots Acnologia.
    Last edited by mmocbee06df292; 2016-03-15 at 10:44 PM.

Yeah but it was dumb. Laxus was the perfect opponent. He had just come back after being excommunicated from the guild and got a call from Marakov to go directly to FT's hidden island. The fight was against an old FT master and Laxus is the representation of the new generation. Everyone else was tired and it was his first battle that day. He was the strongest S class and it was the S class exam.

But yeah. Dumb plot thing, yeah.

Deleted
    I love the theory that some fans were talking about.the theory was that Acnologia fell in love with Anna Heartfilia and that something happened that made him kill almost all Dragons.

Fan serviiiiiice.

How many weapons would this guy have? Just his whip or more that he can pull from a alter dimension.

So the First has figured it out; Natsu and Lucy making love will beat Zeref.

But really, love will kill him, or she will atleast attempt to beat him with a confession of love. Just as he killed her >.>

Kinda dumb chapter. This guy doesn't seem strong at all. Like, he's a first 100 chapters opponent. Maybe some fodder at the grand magic tournament. His weakness was comical but...if I had any respect for the strength of the Spriggan 12, it's kinda down the drain. August could show up and pull some Hades shit and I'd still be kinda cringing.

Also, Natsu melts sharp weapons with his aura of flames, but suddenly a Spriggan 12 is sitting on him with his eyes closed and he can't melt his fucking face off. Yaokay...