Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by En dum en View Post
    I can imagine that being without any kind of social contact must be fucking shocking. Imagine, he's got no internet, nobody wants to talk to him and he don't get to meet the other prisoners cus they might kill him. It's really easy to say that he has these "nice" things, but without social contact a human loses it's purpose.
    i guess its sth to consider before commiting mass murder, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    That's a prison cell for a person who killed 77 people?

It's better than the place I lived back at university.
    that's a prison cell in a maximum security prison in Norway. They don't have special rooms for people that kill 77 people.
    They believe heavily in rehabilitation, so their prisons are very nice. Even for the worst offenders.

Quote Originally Posted by En dum en View Post
    His victims were all social democratic youth members. It was no poor community.
    Yeah they probably were well off, but some might have been immigrants, and in addition, if you're living with your parents all you get is a room and a TV to yourself, and when you grow up you have to leave and get a job to live on your own and incur tons of debt in school.

I'm betting he has a bigger room, a better TV, more game consoles and a better computer than at LEAST one of the kids he killed.

7+ Year Old Account
    The guy needs a fucking noose, not a playstation upgrade (or internet). "But social interaction is a basic human right!!one!" It's not (neither is access to the internet), but OK. Let the murderers interact with each other. Maybe then at least the victims' families will see some actual justice when they start killing each other off. When you take a life, you're forfeiting some basic human rights. When you take 77, you forfeit your right to exist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhany View Post
    i guess its sth to consider before commiting mass murder, maybe.
    Oh certainly.. I'm a social democratic, i could've been on that island those years ago. It's a scary thought and i can't imagine how it was for them all being trapped on this island with a psycho killer pretending to be a cop. He's the lowest of humanbeings. But that said, absolute 0 social contact for 20 years? I'm sure he takes his life before that happens. Which is fine, but it's a horrible reality to live in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Yeah they probably were well off, but some might have been immigrants, and in addition, if you're living with your parents all you get is a room and a TV to yourself, and when you grow up you have to leave and get a job to live on your own and incur tons of debt in school.

I'm betting he has a bigger room, a better TV, more game consoles and a better computer than at LEAST one of the kids he killed.
    Immigrants that are going to a social democratic weekend on an island in Norway? They're not called immigrants anymore if that's the case.

Don't he get letters from all of he's "fans"? Pretty sure that counts as social interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Honestly, we shouldn't even have prisons anymore. They're an archaic system. Make everything be punishable by fines, with a sliding scale based on how many fines you've already accumulated.
    That's just...

That would essentially let people buy rape and murder...

10+ Year Old Account
    He's just mad cuz he doesn't get headlines any longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    https://fusion.net/story/280111/ande...tions-lawsuit/

Wow.
    He has got to be the most entitled terrorist ever.
    Holy crap, who the hell are you and what have you done with the real Tennisace... TWO threads with comments from you that I actually agree with?

putting my surprise aside for a moment.

They do shit differently over there than other countries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Yes, and the friends and families of your victims are very stressed due to the grief you caused them you piece of shit.

Be lucky you got such a nice prison, fuckface.
    I approve this message.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    That's just...

That would essentially let people buy rape and murder...
    And everyone could do it, eventually ensuring no one would. Foolproof.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    He is alone with his nightmares. He will be for the rest of his life. Giving him attention is all he wants.
    I was very upset when I read this the other day. Not because of him, but because the news should have avoided this at all costs.
    I wasn't upset, but I certainly echo your sentiment that giving him attention is what he wants.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Social contact to other people(prisoners/visitors) is not a luxury.
    it isn't a right either.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I don't believe guards should be allowed to treat him different than other prisoners, that is taking 'justice' in your own hands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post

it isn't a right either.
    Varies from country to country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Why hasn't someone just ended him yet? I doubt they would even get a murder charge, most likely will end up with a hero medal of some sort.
    I suspect its why they dont let him around the other prisoners.

Goes to show how shit my country is

In US, kill 2 people, life time in prison, cramped small little cell
    In norway, Kill 2 people, get near 5 star hotel cell and get out 21 years later
    An'u belore delen'na

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Don't be a mass murderer. You don't get internet access, apparently. The regular kind still gets internet, according to the internet.
    Dont worry the death penalty in florida is keeping me in check /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    I have read enough about this.

24/7 Isolation with no contact to other people ever is against human rights. No matter what you did, you are still a human being with rights.

And he has the right to sue.
    And which human right does this violate?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Lmao. You need to go to one of those fat camps in China where there's no access to technology.
    Why do you want me to die?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    I don't believe guards should be allowed to treat him different than other prisoners, that is taking 'justice' in your own hands.
    Let's call it "favoritism". If he'd actually "suffered" any justice, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardeth View Post
    And which human right does this violate?
    Its seen as torture by many.
    Assuming we are talking about US isolation cells, but I have no idea what kind of cell he is in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Let's call it "favoritism". If he'd actually "suffered" any justice, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    That really does not change anything about what I said. Guards should not have the power to punish prisoners who do not break the prison rules.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Overmind View Post
    Goes to show how shit my country is

In US, kill 2 people, life time in prison, cramped small little cell
    In norway, Kill 2 people, get near 5 star hotel cell and get out 21 years later
    Yet Norway has a lower recidivism rate, I wonder why.
    Not that Breivik will ever be free, but he is a special case afterall. Will always be a danger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Its seen as torture by many.
    Assuming we are talking about US isolation cells, but I have no idea what kind of cell he is in.

- - - Updated - - -

That really does not change anything about what I said. Guards should not have the power to punish prisoners who do not break the prison rules.
    "seen" and "by many" is not definitive by any stretch of the imagination. If a judge makes a ruling on that basis then i'd have worries.