Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    -Blizzard releases new heroes for 10$-
    Community: OMFG Blizzard wants even more of our money! Freakin' 10$ for skins!? HOW DARE YOU BLIZZARD?
    -Blizzard releases new hero for free, leveling to 20 in WoW costs you nothing other than like an hour and half of played time-
    Community: OMFG Blizzard is so desperate for subscribers!

Never change, WoW community, never change.
    And people wonder why the WoW community is so toxic and idiotic. I applaud you for summing that up so well.

Quote Originally Posted by palamanian View Post
    I agree, leveling to 20 in WoW is a few hours, could be much worse. I gave up with HOTS around level 14. I'll go back when I have time and finish leveling to 20, but like you I hate mobas.
    I leveled to 20 in less than 2 hours, and that was horsing around and not trying to power through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Pretty much as the title says folks.

The sub numbers must be down pretty dramatically below that 5 mil mark if they're trying to drive Hearthstone players towards WoW with card rewards. I'm just wondering, are Blizzard banking on the wrong end of the game? Unless a new player is lucky enough to roll an Undead, Goblin, Worgen, Pandaren or Death Knight, they're not really going to get an epic starting experience that holds up in 2016.

If I wasn't invested in the franchise I probably wouldn't be sold on WoW anymore by rolling an Orc, either Elf or a Human.

Should Blizzard have maybe pushed players towards a boosted start in a later expansion with a stronger story as their jumping-on point? Mounts from level 1, something like that? Just some thoughts.
    It is just a business deal. The way I hear about those deals here, Blizzard is always desesperate. I think it is those people who are clueless. Sure, Blizzard may be somewhat desesperate at time, but most of the deals just look like any other business deal.

Strangely, it is a somewhat hardcore community here with people who usually like to identify an apply thoughtful and clever strategies during boss fights. Why can't we get that mentality here instead of irrationnality and exageration?

Wow, this is actually working for them. I went out to level my monk only for the FoS achieve part, you can't drop a needle. Ugh. Every quest is a bottleneck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a lvl 20 char is 100% free and takes like 2h

Could always do the super easy way, RAF a friend and dungeon tow them. Takes about 10 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    I feel like the exaggeration of how long it takes to hit 20 has been creeping further downward as this thread progressed.

"Lol doesn't even take 2 hrs. Maybe an hour and a half. 30 minutes to an hour tops. Possibly 30 minutes max if you're really slow. You basically log on and you're 20 already. Hell my toon dinged 20 before I even created it."

I literally took me less than 5 minutes. I have RAF and had a couple toons with more than 20 levels to grant.

Even without.. Level to 10 in 15 minutes then run the first instance you can walk into a couple times and have a high level kill all the bosses. Run with heirlooms. It is insane how fast you can level anymore,

if blizzard could attempt to be anymore pointless im surprised it's not hey free shit just level a DK to level 54! idiots.

if i do it i'll name the chara dumbhspromo or something.

Actually curious if you can roll a DK and just level once and get the achievement.

There trying to grab new players who haven't felt the let down disaster of WoD. Nobody with an existing WoW account should care to level a trial account. There just trying to throw a 10 dollar reason to hearthstone f2p players a reason to try WoW and maybe get hooked.

Aaaaaaaaand MMO-Champion once again proves that people are stupid and will complain about EVERYTHING. Topkek.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post

-Blizzard releases new hero for free, leveling to 20 in WoW costs you nothing other than like an hour and half of played time-

Never change, WoW community, never change.
    and thats why wow went from vanilla to whatever the f... it is now...

a large portion of the player base wants to get to 100 in a matter of minutes, want to have full heroic gear in 1 hour, and want to "finish" the game by the end of the weekend....

I hate this thus everyone else should hate it as well. If you do not agree with me you are everything that is wrong with WoW and you are killing it. Not me or my toxic personality.

Deleted
    Cross game promotions and goodies have been going on since forever, I'm not getting how making a new one makes them more desperate.

Bad timing.

This would have worked a lot better in June.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Actually curious if you can roll a DK and just level once and get the achievement.
    Just checked. The answer is no.

How can you be so pathetic? It's free stuff analogue of which was 10$, and you still have the audacity to not only comlain, but shit on Blizzard for doing it?
    It's mind boggling. I will never in my life imagine the thought process that goes through that 'brain' of yours to vomit a thread such as this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I do think it's a bit silly that it's not retroactive.
    Makes the starter zones a little more crowded if all the veterans have to go back too. First impression and such.

Deleted
    I remember when i started my free trial, I played non stop for about 3-4 days before i reached level 20 and during TBC

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Over a free card back? Kinda amusing. They can't win when they give you something really small for free and they can't win if we have to pay for it. Make up your damn minds already. You either want it for free or you want to pay for it in Hearthstone. And I doubt it took barely any resources to just stick a cross achievement in. If anything would have taken more to put the card back into Hearthstone.

- - - Updated - - -

I do agree would be better if retroactive though but on the other hand levelling to 20 takes very little time.
    No I couldn't care less about that. I do care and am angry about hearthstone getting 3 expansions since wow got the HFC patch

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    No I couldn't care less about that. I do care and am angry about hearthstone getting 3 expansions since wow got the HFC patch
    Because its easier to shovel content out for a card game which has an entirely different team working on it? It's like comparing apples and oranges. Also GvG came out before HFC so only 2 once Whispers releases. I'm not saying wow's long periods are acceptable either there should be something after hfc to stem the drought but still comparing their release cycles is stupid because HS is way way easier to pump out content for.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-03-15 at 07:11 PM.