Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    made coal production so costly that the business can no longer survive
    lol, how about NG is so cheap who is stupid enough to burn coal? Blame President Obama for coal all you want, but it's just supply/demand economics that killed coal.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I wasn't aware life-threatening illness and injuries were so discriminating based on wealth. Just because a poor person can get expensive life-prologuing cancer treatment doesn't mean they're all going to need it. Similarly, a rich guy will get the same treatment, even if it too, far exceeded their lifetime input into the tax system.

Or, are you suggesting we shouldn't treat infants and children because they're yet to contribute? Especially if their prognosis is such that they're likely to never contribute?
    That is the opposite of what I said...

Should poor people not use the resources available because they have not paid in much money? I do not think so...

Deleted
    It's ok he'll just give them more welfare.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Why would I be paying tax into the UK on earnings not made in the UK? Any earnings I make in the UK I do pay UK tax on anyway.

And why would I not use resources I am entitled to? Do I get a tax rebate from the UK if I do not use them, no of course not. Should poor people not use the resources available because they have not paid in much money? I do not think so, but you clearly do.
    I see you actually did not address what I said. Let me repeat it. You full well know the economic dire straights of the UK due to the unfunded promises it has made to boomers like yourself, but are a tax exile out of selfishness, who then expects to worsen the economic dire straights of the UK by making claims on the system, while having avoided paying in to the system for decades.

If you want to avoid UK taxes fine. I don't like it but can accept it. What I despise are those who avoid taxes but then want to make claims on UK resources (or whatever their home nation is). Practically all major western nations are facing such long-term fiscal crisis's and they would be much less if they did not have tax avoiding leeches leeching the system of scarce resources while avoiding the obligation to pay in. You can invent all sorts of excuses for yourself (and others) on this but this is the truth of the matter.

At least have the decency to admit it. That its pure selfishness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by En dum en View Post
    Sweden focus a lot on renewable energy. We've got so low electricity costs that i for a while thought we would get paid for our electricity! It's really cheap nonetheless.

8.5 swedish cents per kWh. That's about 0.0085 dollars.
    That is really cheap. Hydroelectric isn't an option for everyone unfortunately.

Why would I be paying tax into the UK on earnings not made in the UK? Any earnings I make in the UK I do pay UK tax on anyway.

And why would I not use resources I am entitled to? Do I get a tax rebate from the UK if I do not use them, no of course not. Should poor people not use the resources available because they have not paid in much money? I do not think so, but you clearly do.
    It is called growing up and becoming an adult not a dependent child all your life relying on someone else

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    so all those tens of thousands of democrats that switched parties so to vote for trump are racist got it

dam you had a lot of dam racist in the democrat party
    Please point me to the study showing that those switching democrats are switching due to race issues, and are switching to vote for trump, as opposed to voting for some other candidate, or to try and make Trump the republican nominee because they will believe he will lose the election in a landslide.

I have provided evidence of what I have said about Trump's republican supporters, so now you provide yours are about the switching democrats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah because drilling for oil in a few spots is going to turn the whole country into a dessert nightmare. Guess there is nothing in between. Its either a toxic wasteland or lush wilderness
    So lets just make some small areas of toxic wasteland, because we're too stuck in our ways to look towards the future.

Did you know that where I live all of our power is hydroelectric? An entire province running on clean energy with only has two natural gas plants kept in reserve in case of a national emergency. It can be done. You just have to open your eyes and start giving a shit about the future of the planet.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    lol, how about NG is so cheap who is stupid enough to burn coal? Blame President Obama for coal all you want, but it's just supply/demand economics that killed coal.
    Coals been dying since the 90's (being generous) but thats Obama's fault too...LMAO. Other things that are Obama's fault according to republicans:

WW2
    Slavery
    The Great Depression
    The Civil War

What else am I missing?

10+ Year Old Account
    That is the opposite of what I said...
    I just had to re-read that about 12 times. I can see that now, but I can see exactly how I've misunderstood it. That's fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    I see you actually did not address what I said. Let me repeat it. You full well know the economic dire straights of the UK due to the unfunded promises it has made to boomers like yourself, but are a tax exile out of selfishness, who then expects to worsen the economic dire straights of the UK by making claims on the system, while having avoided paying in to the system for decades.

If you want to avoid UK taxes fine. I don't like it but can accept it. What I despise are those who avoid taxes but then want to make claims on UK resources (or whatever their home nation is). Practically all major western nations are facing such long-term fiscal crisis's and they would be much less if they did not have tax avoiding leeches leeching the system of scarce resources while avoiding the obligation to pay in. You can invent all sorts of excuses for yourself (and others) on this but this is the truth of the matter.

At least have the decency to admit it. That its pure selfishness.
    I am not and have never avoided UK taxes, all my investments held in the UK I pay full UK tax on. Malta is not the UK, they are different countries.

I am not a tax exile, if the weather in the UK was better then I would most likely still live in the UK. Leaving there had nothing to do with taxes, I would have roughly as much disposable income if I lived in the UK, as I earnt more there and had far better prospects of increasing my earnings there.

The Maltese have a right to be pissed off at me, but not the UK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    How awful, preserving our natural environment is Nazism these days.
    There is a big difference between some basic preservation and going entirely overboard. The leftists always choose the latter

It is a good time to buy drill rigs. Every day I get 1 - 3 calls from drill rig brokers trying to sell equipment for cheap. Cheap as in 300k for a 3 year old rig that cost 20M brand new.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    That is really cheap. Hydroelectric isn't an option for everyone unfortunately.
    That's true. But we also burn Europes trash for energy. https://sweden.se/nature/the-swedish...ng-revolution/

I don't really like Obama, but this can only be a good thing in the long run. We need to get off our dependencies on fossil fuel somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a big difference between some basic preservation and going entirely overboard. The leftists always choose the latter
    It is basic preservation. You do realise that the value of oil is at record lows, and set to get lower as sanctions against Russia begin to lapse. There's no money in it, it's wasteful and frankly counter-productive to pursue it, since there's no future in it either as more progressive parts of the world seek ways to move on to other renewable sources.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is called growing up and becoming an adult not a dependent child all your life relying on someone else
    I have no issue with helping out the less fortunate in society...as long as that society is Britain - I am a One Nation Conservative and that one nation is Britain.

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Please point me to the study showing that those switching democrats are switching due to race issues, and are switching to vote for trump, as opposed to voting for some other candidate, or to try and make Trump the republican nominee because they will believe he will lose the election in a landslide.

I have provided evidence of what I have said about Trump's republican supporters, so now you provide yours are about the switching democrats.
    so let me see if I have this straight when a current republican votes for trump is because they are racist but when a democrat switches party to vote for trump it has nothing too with being a racist? dam the absurdity of many of the forum members reasoning is beyond entertaining

- - - Updated - - -

I have no issue with helping out the less fortunate in society...as long as that society is Britain - I am a One Nation Conservative and that one nation is Britain.
    so your are a nationalist? isn't that a dirty word and the land of liberalism be carefull they are going to revoke your liberal card

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Coals been dying since the 90's (being generous) but thats Obama's fault too...LMAO. Other things that are Obama's fault according to republicans:
    Global coal consumption has doubled since 1990. US coal consumption peaked in 2007 just before Obama...

https://www.eia.gov/cfapps/ipdbproje...=2012&unit=TST

10+ Year Old Account
    so your are a nationalist? isn't that a dirty word and the land of liberalism be carefull they are going to revoke your liberal card
    I am not a liberal.

I am a One Nation Conservative
    One Nation Conservatism is a conservative political movement, the clue is in the title.