Poll: Bring it back

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Without hit/exp what's the point in reforging though?

Aside from a few limited specs who may have a "soft cap" in something, mostly everyone will just identify their strongest stat and you just reforge everything that doesn't have that on it, into that. It doesn't really offer much management or customisation.

I'd like some kind of gear management brought back a bit in some way, but just shoving reforging back in would do nothing for me.

removing reforging was a mistake. same as making gem sockets RNG and cutting back enchants. blizzard seems to have lost the idea of char customization over the years.

Once they removed Hit/Exp, the main problem with getting upgrades and having to reforge was removed. I miss reforging.

Reforging wouldn't be necessary if stats where better balanced. Having classes that avoid a particular stat like the plague is a major failing on blizzard. The variance between full best stats and full worst stats is still way too large.

What new haste?

And where is my 'indifferent' option?
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    What new haste?

And where is my 'indifferent' option?
    Pretty sure they're talking about hunters getting a 1.5 GCD with haste lowering the GCD like the rest of the non 1.0 sec GCD classes. New to hunters, very old news for everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    Pretty sure they're talking about hunters getting a 1.5 GCD with haste lowering the GCD like the rest of the non 1.0 sec GCD classes. New to hunters, very old news for everyone else.
    Hunters, DKs, and DHs are all being made to work that way in Legion. But it's really not relevant to reforging unless haste happens to also be their best stat, in which case they'd stack it regardless of what it does.

Deleted
    Bring it back with revamped ui. give sliders to move x stat to y stat but only a certain %. Remove the need for addons and just make it easy to change "want more crit drag slider for crit or want haste=crit move them both to the same % and sacrifice versatility"

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    People are doing THE EXACT SAME THING for EVERYTHING, so it will not change a damn thing for them, it just give the choice for those who want min/max some stats and change the play-style of their classes.
    That's the issue though, it doesn't change the playstyle. Maybe if we had stats like movement speed and you could increase your movement speed by up to 30-40% with maxed out secondary stats, then it could actually change your playstyle, but every single secondary stat is literally just damage. It doesn't change anything. It's all the same, masqueraded as different.

Untill secondary stats actually do different things, every single interaction with it is boring and pointless.

Deleted
    Well reforging was pretty much cookie cutter, but then, it was something to do ingame

15+ Year Old Account
    And why not please ? don't you like to play your class how YOU want and not how BLIZZARD want it ?
    Reforging was NEVER for how YOU wanted to play, u got an item, used ur guide or reforgeLite and it was just another step before u could equip an item, it was annoying busywork
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    I miss:

- the many enchants on gear, even if I had to grind a rep for shoulders etc.
    - the many sockets on gear, even if I had to pay JCs all the time
    - and yeah, reforging

All nice ways to have more stuff to do and min-max.

But I'm pretty sure neither is returning, maybe except the many enchants. Sockets, bad stats, WF are just ways of making players hunt for that elusive "BiS" gear that no longer truly exists.
    1) But you didn't really have a choice on enchants most of the time you just used Most +Ap/+sp/wheatever You had a bunch of extra slots that you put enchants on to make them 'usable'
    2) I miss sockets as well, but it does run the same problem with you get an upgrade, you can't use it till after the raid and you get all your gems cut and crap (this is the specific thing that blizzard was trying to remove)
    3) Reforging would be better now than it was in teh past, but it would still be something you just let a mod handle for you.

I would have loved to be able to reforge the gear on my shadow in warlords. Could have reforged to mastery when playing CoP or to crit, when playing AS. Although I would have reforged everything to Crit. Imo 50+% crit AS would have been stronger than CoP.

I'd like to see it return, but I doubt it will be back soon.

Not sure why people say "they'll just use addons"? Yes? So? The point is that I want to control my gear, optimize it. There're addons for optimization now too and will exist in the future to. It's because the game works with numbers. It has nothing to do with bringing back reforging or not. I want reforging because it was another way to optimize your gear, and that to me felt involved and interesting. I actually cared about my gear.

We could just have no secondary stats then. It's pointless to have secondary stats if you can't even manipulate them.

I want more costumization, not less. Bring back reforging, gem slots in all gear, old enchant "slots"... and perhaps even more stuff (tinkering expanded?). I play an RPG because I like progressing and costumizing my character. I think it's fun. I care about my character if I'm involved with it.

reforgin wasnt the problem, garbage stats were, starting an expansion with like 8% haste as a caster with best current tier, to end an expansion with 30% haste has no purpose

15+ Year Old Account
    And why not please ? don't you like to play your class how YOU want and not how BLIZZARD want it ?
    A few stats on your gear doesn't dictate how you play your class. Your options are based on the gear available to you. Plus, no one actually made their own choices. You exported it from Askmrrobot and reforged.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

There is much less need for it now that hit and exp are gone. I didn't MIND the idea, but I much prefer the "bunch of different stat permutations on items" idea, which wouldn't work at all if you could simply reforge the stats away.

Honestly, reforging felt very anti-wow to me.
    I never liked it.
    Part of progression raiding is making sure your character is maxed out. If you can simply change the stats you have on gear, it really trivializes a part of the process.

If it comes back, I'm fine with it, but I don't actively want it to.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    A few stats on your gear doesn't dictate how you play your class.
    Yes it does, i want to play SP with full Multistrike for instant Mind Blast / Mind Spike. Maybe it's bad, maybe it's good, but at least, it will be MY CHOICE.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    . Your options are based on the gear available to you.
    And that's the problem, you play what Blizzard wants you to play, 0 character customisation

I don't get why people think this was such a great idea.
    Basically you got an addon and made one click to optimize it. Had nothing to do with skill, immersion, depth or anything. If you didn't get the addon to fix things for you and did it the hard way. Good on you, but honestly not because you took the clever way.

There's nothing to it. Only difference is one click and some gold.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away