Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    I watched both halves, disagree with everything the girl brings up and most of the guy's stuff. It is mostly pointless whining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    You hear anything back about your fastball on etsy?

My Y playthrough is kind of interesting, I just finished the glass cannon of death segement. I took Froakie because I can't remember doing a playthrough with him. And tbh a glass cannon is the perfect way to describe Greninja, his moveset is great because I can cover so much damage, but even at a much higher level than his foes he just gets smacked around like a bitch. Oh and fuck Mega Gyarados with Earthquake.
    Sadly not, though I did find another seller that makes a large variety of balls with styrofoam for about £6 cheaper (not including P+P) so I may go for that seller.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    I watched both halves, disagree with everything the girl brings up and most of the guy's stuff. It is mostly pointless whining.
    I think they had some good points.

- Exp Share makes the game too easy atm
    - Fusion. I don't want it to happen

But there are also things i couldn't care less about:

- The amount of Legendaries
    - Catchrate on Legendaries
    -

EXP. Share is nice post game for grinding those competive mons up. During the story it's OP as fuck.

I'd propose that they should give the game difficulty settings on the get go (and not like in BW2), with hard difficulties gaining access to the EXP share only post-post game (after possible post league storylines have been resolved).

The EXP share is fine, as long as the game is balanced around having it.

Currently the games seem to be balanced around not having the EXP share, but give it to you anyway.

The biggest problem with it is out levelling everything around you just through normal play, with no grinding. That's fairly easy to fix by just ramping the opponents' levels up faster once you are in possession of the EXP share.

So I didn't see it mentioned (but I admit I was scrolling pretty fast) but in the US at least if you use the Pokebank before the end of March you get a level 50 Regice, Registeel, and Regirock as a thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    You can just turn off EXP Share if it makes the game too easy for you, not that any Pokemon was particularly hard. As a postgame leveling tool I wouldn't want to give it up though

15+ Year Old Account
    I think they had some good points, but also some really bad ones:

Good:
    - I also want less legendaries per generation, 5 or so should be enough
    - Fusion: no thank you
    - Overcomplicated 'mons (I like clean designs too)
    - HMs do indeed suck
    - Shiny encouter rate, keep it as it is. It's fine.
    - Rivals: I too want them to be badass and always a step ahead of me. Not these losers we have had the last few gens.

Bad:
    - Turn exp. share off if you don't want to outlevel everything
    - Legendary catch rate is fine, I don't feel like spending an hour on catching a legendary once. I soft reset for good to perfect stats, which requires me to catch it many more times than once
    - Pokemon designs similar to other pokemon: Some animals are just closely related to other animals (dog and wolf, for example), thus they look alike somewhat. Same in the pokemon world.

Indifferent:
    - Starters from other gens. I don't need and don't use them anyway in a playthrough.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurenburger View Post
    I think they had some good points, but also some really bad ones:

Good:
    - I also want less legendaries per generation, 5 or so should be enough
    - Fusion: no thank you
    - Overcomplicated 'mons (I like clean designs too)
    - HMs do indeed suck
    - Rivals: I too want them to be badass and always a step ahead of me. Not these losers we have had the last few gens.

Bad:
    - Turn exp. share off if you don't want to outlevel everything
    - Legendary catch rate is fine, I don't feel like spending an hour on catching a legendary once. I soft reset for good to perfect stats, which requires me to catch it many more times than once
    - Pokemon designs similar to other pokemon: Some animals are just closely related to other animals (dog and wolf, for example), thus they look alike somewhat. Same in the pokemon world.

Indifferent:
    - Starters from other gens. I don't need and don't use them anyway in a playthrough.
    Aye. I especially hated the rivals/friends from XY

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed the change of pace from rivals to friends in X/Y. It went further than what we already saw in BW. Also I hope HMs stay well in place. They simply need to be utilized better, could be a great way to build mazes/puzzles outside of gym's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    I enjoyed the change of pace from rivals to friends in X/Y. It went further than what we already saw in BW. Also I hope HMs stay well in place. They simply need to be utilized better, could be a great way to build mazes/puzzles outside of gym's.
    The trickhouse in ORAS is a great way to utilize HM's

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, so i checked every mon i have so far, and i still need:

Abra
    Kadabra
    Bellsprout
    Farfetch'd
    Cubone
    Marrowak
    Aerodactyl
    Dragonair
    Dragonite
    Ekans
    Arbok
    Poliwag
    Poliwrath (Need a waterstone)
    Meowth
    Persian (Requires luck with Mirage Island)
    Hitmonchan (Breed my Hitmonlee evolve Tyrogue)

Then it gets tricky:

Zapdos
    Articuno
    Moltres (I choose Froakie as starter, so i should be able to catch Moltres)
    Omanite (should be able to get the fossil in AS)
    Omastar (should be able to get the fossil in AS)
    Kabuto (Y/OR exclusive)
    Kabutops (Y/OR exclusive)
    Shellder (Y Exclusive)
    Cloyster (Y Exclusive)

Then i have Kanto complete.

Thanks Nibúeanor for providing me with Mew and Trade mons

Aye. I especially hated the rivals/friends from XY
    XY had rivals? where?
    for me a rival has to be atleast on par with me if not better

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok...tested Yokai- watch demo...not impresed with game.

...i want my controls!!
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    XY had rivals? where?
    for me a rival has to be atleast on par with me if not better
    Yeah not much of rivals when you sweep their whole team with one Pokemon.

This is why I really hope SM has a difficulty option.

- - - Updated - - -

The trickhouse in ORAS is a great way to utilize HM's

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, so i checked every mon i have so far, and i still need:

Abra
    Kadabra
    Bellsprout
    Farfetch'd
    Cubone
    Marrowak
    Aerodactyl
    Dragonair
    Dragonite
    Ekans
    Arbok
    Poliwag
    Poliwrath (Need a waterstone)
    Meowth
    Persian (Requires luck with Mirage Island)
    Hitmonchan (Breed my Hitmonlee evolve Tyrogue)

Then it gets tricky:

Zapdos
    Articuno
    Moltres (I choose Froakie as starter, so i should be able to catch Moltres)
    Omanite (should be able to get the fossil in AS)
    Omastar (should be able to get the fossil in AS)
    Kabuto (Y/OR exclusive)
    Kabutops (Y/OR exclusive)
    Shellder (Y Exclusive)
    Cloyster (Y Exclusive)

Then i have Kanto complete.

Thanks Nibúeanor for providing me with Mew and Trade mons
    I can hook you up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Yeah not much of rivals when you sweep their whole team with one Pokemon.

This is why I really hope SM has a difficulty option.

- - - Updated - - -

I can hook you up.
    Are they all Legal/Legit?

Are they all Legal/Legit?
    The legendary birds are.

The others I would have to catch or clone. Just did a living dex myself, so don't have extras of the others, but just happened to have some extra birds from trades.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    The legendary birds are.

The others I would have to catch or clone. Just did a living dex myself, so don't have extras of the others, but just happened to have some extra birds from trades.
    I'd love Zapdos and Articuno then, since they are legit. Is there anything you want for them?

10+ Year Old Account
    A couple things from that video:

1. I do agree that we need a Rival like Blue or Gold. I really liked Gold because he actually had a lot of character development throughout the story. I want something like that in Sun and Moon.

2. I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT want fusion. Mega Evolution is enough. I feel fusion would break the entire point of what Pokemon is, but that crystal in the Japanese logo really doesn't inspire confidence.

3. The overly complicated designs I don't think this is too bad of a problem except with certain mega evos mainly. It's also a super unspecific complaint. Which Pokemon are overly compicated? How are they overly complicated. It's not criticism that Gamefreak can really work with at all. Although I laughed when they had a Gen 5 list of Gen 1 Pokemon and Mega Mewtwo Y was on there... how is Mega Mewtwo Y any more complicated than Mewtwo? That just shows the vagueness of that complaint.

4. HMs... are well they do suck, but they are also kinda necessary. I would actually be fine with any Pokemon that's eligible to use the move be able to use it in the Overworld without them having to learn it. But they do prevent the player from going to areas they aren't prepared for and I do like how they kinda force you to diversify your team.

5. Shinies are fine IMO.

6. Legendary catch rates are also fine. I'd like to see a bit more of a story regarding legendaries as well. If that means less legendaries then that's fine with me.

7. XP share is fine in one sense, because you can just turn it off if the game is becoming too easy (which I do). I don't really care about things that don't effect me. The problem is that it does effect me. I can't use the XP share the old way if I just want to train one Pokemon because my entire team will get XP and become overleveled. They need to give you an item that functions like the old XP share IMO.

8. Reusing starters from older gens is just stupid. A new Gen means new starters. There are 6 generations of proof of that. Now whether they will give us old starters throughout the course of the game is another matter, but personally I don't care because I won't use them. I only used Charizard in my first playthrough of X/Y so that I could have a Mega Evo Pokemon.

Honestly the biggest thing I want in Pokemon Sun and Moon is various difficulties. Pokemon has become far too easy for me and I'd love for the ability to turn the difficulty up like you could in Gen 5.

I'd love Zapdos and Articuno then, since they are legit. Is there anything you want for them?
    If you wouldn't mind helping with two tradeback evos, we're good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    A couple things from that video:

1. I do agree that we need a Rival like Blue or Gold. I really liked Gold because he actually had a lot of character development throughout the story. I want something like that in Sun and Moon.

2. I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT want fusion. Mega Evolution is enough. I feel fusion would break the entire point of what Pokemon is, but that crystal in the Japanese logo really doesn't inspire confidence.

3. The overly complicated designs I don't think this is too bad of a problem except with certain mega evos mainly. It's also a super unspecific complaint. Which Pokemon are overly compicated? How are they overly complicated. It's not criticism that Gamefreak can really work with at all. Although I laughed when they had a Gen 5 list of Gen 1 Pokemon and Mega Mewtwo Y was on there... how is Mega Mewtwo Y any more complicated than Mewtwo? That just shows the vagueness of that complaint.

4. HMs... are well they do suck, but they are also kinda necessary. I would actually be fine with any Pokemon that's eligible to use the move be able to use it in the Overworld without them having to learn it. But they do prevent the player from going to areas they aren't prepared for and I do like how they kinda force you to diversify your team.

5. Shinies are fine IMO.

6. Legendary catch rates are also fine. I'd like to see a bit more of a story regarding legendaries as well. If that means less legendaries then that's fine with me.

7. XP share is fine in one sense, because you can just turn it off if the game is becoming too easy (which I do). I don't really care about things that don't effect me. The problem is that it does effect me. I can't use the XP share the old way if I just want to train one Pokemon because my entire team will get XP and become overleveled. They need to give you an item that functions like the old XP share IMO.

8. Reusing starters from older gens is just stupid. A new Gen means new starters. There are 6 generations of proof of that. Now whether they will give us old starters throughout the course of the game is another matter, but personally I don't care because I won't use them. I only used Charizard in my first playthrough of X/Y so that I could have a Mega Evo Pokemon.

Honestly the biggest thing I want in Pokemon Sun and Moon is various difficulties. Pokemon has become far too easy for me and I'd love for the ability to turn the difficulty up like you could in Gen 5.
    Yeah I thought it was kind of dumb in XY where you get a new gen of starters but they give you gen 1 Pokemon plus mega evolutions for them, making them more important than your actual starter.