Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Probatly Kil'Jaeden, Sunwell wasnt a big deal because it was just waist-up and the ritual wasnt yet complete as to allow him use of his full-powers.

Quote Originally Posted by JestersShadow View Post
    The Shattrath invasion was never clear, I presume it was some deal to get Blood Elf allies, the Fel orcs make 100 % sense Orcs are a crazy powerful army even stronger on demon blood.

Insane no, a Psycopath yes
    Invade Shattrath to get Blood Elf Allies? Illidan already had the Blood Elves as allies. Kael'thas and Illidan actually lost part of forces due to the completely random and evil invasion of Shattrath as some broke off to become the Scryers to oppose Illidan and Kael'Thas.

Sorry but refusing to believe you lost to Arthas at Icecrown also comes under Insanity.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2016-03-15 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Invade Shattrath to get Blood Elf Allies? Illidan already had the Blood Elves as allies. Kael'thas actually lost part of forces due to the completely random invasion as some broke off to become the Scryers to oppose Illidan and Kael'Thas because they are insane.

Sorry but refusing to believe you lost to Arthas at Icecrown also comes under Insanity.
    As I say the Shattrath invasion was random and my version is speculated, as is everyone's since it's unclear.

I don't understand your reasoning that he is Insane. I mean to be fair, being a Psychopath is clinical insanity, it's a very broad umbrella.

Deleted
    itll be anduin

As I say the Shattrath invasion was random and my version is speculated, as is everyone's since it's unclear.

I don't understand your reasoning that he is Insane. I mean to be fair, being a Psychopath is clinical insanity, it's a very broad umbrella.
    What is speculated? Illidan invaded Shattrath City, there's not much speculation to be had. It happened.

What is speculated? Illidan invaded Shattrath City, there's not much speculation to be had. It happened.
    The REASON why he invaded is speculated as it has never been made clear why he did it.

The REASON why he invaded is speculated as it has never been made clear why he did it.
    Well, why do you think he did it.

Honestly as I said before, I thought he did it because the Belf's he alied with were at war with the Draenai and wanted it done.

7+ Year Old Account
    illidan is a good guy, the only problem is that he is crazy as fck.

Formerly known as Arafal

Uhh, Jaylock thread but I'll bite for the sake of uninformed people. Illidan is getting a redemption story in Legion and is not going to be a boss of any kind. He'll only be a boss if they actually make him Sargeras's physical form or if he plays a part in the Gul'dan encounter in which we have to free him and stop the ritual.
    That being said, if you are one of the said uninformed people, how the hell do you not know this by now? We've known about Illidan being redeemed since like Blizzcon '11 Q&A.

Deleted
    It wasn't bad writing, it clearly helps to show he is an insane psychopath very well.
    Illidan is a psychopath but not crazy.if 10000 years spend in darkness didn't made him crazy then one lost to Arthas surely wouldn't.it was a bad writing.they wanted some excuse so that we can take his fancy warglaives.

It will be interesting to see how they "retcon" (fix) the BC lore butchering in the upcomming book

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    It will be interesting to see how they "retcon" (fix) the BC lore butchering in the upcomming book
    They wont.

Illidan is actually dead, Gul'dan stole his corpse because presumably Sargeras wants to posses it since his body was destroyed(or something like that). Illidan himself is dead af.

I'm pretty sure the reason it happened was Kael'thas, wasn't this already speculated? I mean, Illidan hates/fears the Legion and essentially cut Outland off from the Legion in large part and created his army with what was available. With this in mind it would have made more sense for him to form some type of alliance with the Naaru and such. Due to this there is no logical reason to attack them, not to mention with his forces literally surrounding them a better effort could have been made than a group of BLOOD ELVES.

Which brings me to my final point, Legion hates Naaru, Kael'thas wanted the Legion's favor, so he attacks the Naaru.

Everything else can easily be explained as power being a MEANS TO AN END. In the Warlock green fire quest we learn he had a means to control demons, so he could likely control those fel orcs as well. In the end it looks like he had some big master plan to drain all viable resources and troops from Outland to launch a massive attack against the Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Illidan is actually dead, Gul'dan stole his corpse because presumably Sargeras wants to posses it since his body was destroyed(or something like that). Illidan himself is dead af.
    Demons do not die, their souls become trapped in the twisting nether. This has already been stated about playable demon hunters as well.
    Last edited by Ghargatuloth; 2016-03-16 at 12:31 AM. Reason: @Radaney - Go to sleep Malfurion xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    he didn't die.Illidan was still alive when Gul'dan found him.he separated his soul from his body.then his soul returned to the Twisting Nether.

7+ Year Old Account
    Shattrath city history ~ Wowpedia
    A large regiment of blood elves had been sent by Illidan's ally, Kael'thas Sunstrider, to lay waste to the city.
    Your argument that ILLIDAN invaded Shattrath is false. Perhaps Kael'Thas had the authorization from Illidan but the fact is we don't know. Besides that theres enough evidence that Kael'Thas wasn't loyal to Illidan at all. So all this could have been orchestrated by the Legion to weaken Illidan. BUT since there is not much speculation to be had, you surely can point me to the hard truth in form of Ingame books or loreposts from blues? No offense, just curious about your sources.
    Last edited by OpieOP; 2016-03-15 at 11:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it. Metzen said he's a "sucker for a good redemption story" when someone asked about Illidan returning at BlizzCon a few years back, while it seems like Metzen has stepped away from focusing on Warcraft, I think the thought will stick. Blizzard wants to basically re-write Illidan's story (which is good since they screwed up his story big time in BC).

Now, assuming we're going to be sticking with the Burning Legion until the end (which seems a bit unlikely since both MoP and WoD changed villians towards the end; MoP changed from Mogu and Sha to Orcs, WoD changed from Ogres and Orcs to the Legion), I would hope to see the Avatar of Sargeras as a final boss.

If they decide to switch it up, the most likely final boss would be Old God themed. N'Zoth is playing a huge role in Legion between Azshara and her Naga and the Emerald Nightmare returning. Also, given that the Chronical book was released recently and the emphasis on a certain evil in that book, I see no better way to represent the new lore in game than throwing it in at the end of Legion to lead into this new villian being the star of the expansion after Legion.
    Last edited by Xtrm; 2016-03-16 at 08:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahaga View Post
    If so, then this expansion is literally The Burning Crusade 2.0

I have enough faith in Blizzard with not making such a mistake.
    Well we know he's the leader of this Legion Invasion. Im not wanting it either, but if there is a target we need to take out to stop the Legion succeeding in their plans, its likely to be him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darzhan View Post
    Well we know he's the leader of this Legion Invasion. Im not wanting it either, but if there is a target we need to take out to stop the Legion succeeding in their plans, its likely to be him.
    Uhh, last I checked Gul'dan was in charge of the invasion into Azeroth. We don't know what Illidan's body is being used for.