Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Probably South Seas finally but i thought that since wotlk :P! It remains to be seen trough legion but it looks like they are setting up Azhara for next expansion.

I imagine would have to do with old gods or titans if they plan to continue the spectacle creep they've been doing.

afaik not a lot above the legion in terms of threats.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would be ok with an old gods & titans expansion as one last hurrah expac to really sign things off for good.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    thank you for not mentioning the emerald dream.
    Hey, if they can make an expansion out of Pandaria and the Broken Isles, they can make one out of the Emerald Dream.

Although probably not anymore, if we're clearing out the Nightmare in Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Feels like they're setting up Azshara for a more major role. And with Jaina leaving Dalaran, I could see them finally establishing Kul'Tiras. So, maybe finally the fabled "South Seas" expansion. Chronicle Vol. 1's map establishes concrete locations for Kezan, Zandalar, and Nazjatar, too.

I don't think they're going to have two expansions in a row hitting on the same themes. The plot of Legion will probably lead directly into the next expansion, but they tend to switch things up rather than build directly into the obvious "next threat."

Personally, with the Legion driven back, I'd kind of like to see an expansion that at least partially focuses on Azeroth as a whole. I had an idea I posted a while back for an expansion with a lot of features focused on "cultural identity."

• Introduce subraces.
    • Revamp the core racial reputation factions.
    • Forge completely new cultural Artifact weapons.
    • Help rebuild Azeroth and its landmarks over the course of the expansion.
    • Expand level scaling to Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms with max level endgame content added to old zones (including world PVP objectives).

Stuff like that. Wouldn't necessarily be the main focus of the expansion, but could be a focus for the systems and features, hooking into the Class Order Hall and Artifact systems established in Legion.
    I think this is a really good idea, but the main focus of an xpack has to be some sort of threat, and what kind of threat would leave us with enough free time to rebuild our culture?

Deleted
    Azshara/N'Zoth (assuming we don't kill either or both in Legion)

Void Expansion

Another Planet/Legion World Expansion

something out of nowhere, like Pandaria

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcadin Storm-WAAAGH View Post
    I think this is a really good idea, but the main focus of an xpack has to be some sort of threat, and what kind of threat would leave us with enough free time to rebuild our culture?
    Maybe something more isolated, like mopping up some Legion worlds while preparing for a main assault on Argus. Or maybe they could just build that framework up for endgame world content and have it carry on over the course of the entire expansion, including after the final raid, as a way to combat content drought.

Maybe we defeat some big shot in the burning legion. Illidan, always will be the betrayer, joins the legion in a high rank, and we fight him in a later expansion...

I have a strong feeling it will go that way

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tems View Post
    Maybe we defeat some big shot in the burning legion. Illidan, always will be the betrayer, joins the legion in a high rank, and we fight him in a later expansion...

continuing the annoying new theme of the main protagonist from every expansion being carried over into the early parts of the next? not a bad bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I think Legion is the last one guys.

Going from the new info in the WoW Chronicle
    After reading it myself, I will actually say for once that I feel like we're getting close.

It already seemed weird that Legion seems to be finding a way to bring up every possible loose lore end (as well as bringing some back just to address them again, regardless of their connection to the Legion). But the Chronicle has now established an overarching premise that goes back to the beginning of time in the Warcraft universe, and is obviously coming to a head in Legion.

While I don't think Blizzard would just say "here's the last expansion, we're never updating the game again after this", I can't help but wonder if they are trying to have one big climax before they start winding things down.

I could easily see Azeroth awakening at the end of this expansion, and then us fighting off the Void Lords next time.

World of Warcraft can't seem to sustain its subscribers anymore, and the industry is moving away from games like it. I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard wants World of Warcraft to go out with a bang, before putting it on life support and switching gears to projects that have more potential going forward. Not meaning to "doomsay", just that it seems logical for the story and business.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2016-03-15 at 10:14 PM.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    After reading it myself, I will actually say for once that I feel like we're getting close.

It already seemed weird that Legion seems to be finding a way to bring up every possible loose lore end (as well as bringing some back just to address them again, regardless of their connection to the Legion). But the Chronicle has now established an overarching premise that goes back to the beginning of time in the Warcraft universe, and is obviously coming to a head in Legion.

While I don't think Blizzard would just say "here's the last expansion, we're never updating the game again after this", I can't help but wonder if they are trying to have one big climax before they start winding things down.

I could easily see Azeroth awakening at the end of this expansion, and then us fighting off the Void Lords next time.

World of Warcraft can't seem to sustain its subscribers anymore, and the industry is moving away from games like it. I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard wants World of Warcraft to go out with a bang, before putting it on life support and switching gears to projects that have more potential going forward. Not meaning to "doomsay", just that it seems logical for the story and business.
    IMO, logical would be to sustain the cyclical nature of wow and hold onto the millions of subs it still retains.
    I've read all of part 1 as well, and after going through thousands and thousands of years of lore, for it to suddenly escalate like this doesn't make a lot of sense.
    There doesn't need to be *that* sort of bang for wow to de-escalate on the sense of urgency, the ever present threat of armageddon. Heck, that sense of urgency started right when Sargeras discovered the Void Lord influence in the first place.

If blizzard does want to continue making money, a few things need to happen:

- Don't stop making expansions, but abandon the idea of faster expansions. Players have been reception to small content patches that forward the narrative.
    - Build on the existing fanbase and embrace the cyclical nature. Make an experience that will sell a lot of expansion boxes but be decent enough to maintain a healthy sub number.
    - De-escalate the lore. Switch gears and move away from the world threats and focus on Azeroth's races.
    - Embrace platforms for content, not just content. Quests and raids are "quick" content that players rip through. The new CM system hopes to be a platform to test players with increased and varied challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by zubaja View Post
    Maybe we'll return to AU Draenor for that other landmass. The one on the bottom-left corner of AU Draenor's world map.
    Literally no reason to ever return there. What happens there has no effect on us. Forget au.

I hope the titans come up. Anything related to them is usually interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    I'm inclined to think it'll be Azshara /N'zoth based.

Gosh I hope that 4chan 'leak' but definitely too good of a story for Blizzard to actually come up with would be true. Sounded great, and worked as a good lead up to 8.0
    @Kuthe do you have a source on that leak? I'd be interested in reading it

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    If we don't hit N'zoth this time we sure as hell will next. As for theme: Old Gods / Titans / Void Lords

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    after legion I'm predicting wow will go F2P with subscriber bonus options (F2P restricted to 2 characters per server)
    Only way that would happen is if WoW is sub 1 million subs, which frankly, doesn't seem that unlikely, especially if Legion is as big of a flop as WoD is. Considering they're going out of their way to hide their sub numbers, I'd guess at best they're around 3 million right now, but more likely 2 and dropping. Since Legion just looks like another week expansion with no content a la WoD, I'd say you might not be too far off.

Expansion wise though for the OP, it's going to be either Titans or Old Gods. At the end of the day though, I hope they just stop trying and let WoW die because it's long since jumped the shark into a joke of a game.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tems View Post

Illidan -> Burning Legion is about as likely as Donald Trump applying for a Syrian citizenship.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zomgzerg View Post
    They probably have an Arthas expansion in queue in case the movie is successful and they want to make a sequel real quick with a game to tie in.

Anyway I hope they actually speed development up for that next expansion and beta will be live later this year after the first and last Legion patch is out in the fall.
    Arthas likely won't be in until the third movie if they are doing the whole RTS game trilogy thing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Legion just looks like another week expansion with no content a la WoD
    No content? All of the features aren't even in yet and legion already looks to be far from content bare.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I think Legion is the last one guys.

Going from the new info in the WoW Chronicle

The Titan sleeping in Azeroth is more powerful than Sargeras and the Void Lords and every other threat.
    We get these Pillars of Creation thingies together, wake her up, she saves the universe forever.
    Warcraft over.
    Her huh?

So it is Elune?

Quote Originally Posted by Velios View Post
    Given how rapidly they are expanding titan and Old God lore, I'd say that's definitely what's next.
    It's really the only direction they can go when you think about it.

World of Warcraft: Multiverse.

We go back to alternate Draenor where we find a portal to another alternate Draenor where there's a portal to alternate Azeroth where we have to chase after Garrosh into a completely different alternate Draenor to stop him from leading the Iron Horde into alternate Azeroth and where we also have to stop the alternate Legion.

Blizzard pls.